Will it be cheaper on the Steam summer sale?

OrsonM

Our man
Will there be a Steam Summer sale soon?, no idea. However around summer time Steam likes to do a second Christmas sale and have another big 50% off on everything and 60% to 75% on other products.

Could certain expansion packs released yesterday be affected by the savings?

2010 sale was from June 24th to July 4th
2011 sale was from June 30 to July 10th

This year it will be... erm... from another friday at the end of June until a Monday somewhere in July? (my bet is June 29th to july 9th).

In any case, G&K sale?, will Gabe give us some cheapy games this year? will Firaxis be a pal there?... is Orson really this cheap?

Stay tuned!... or you know, discuss.

I bet it will be but not a whole lot. likely 10% best case I would say 25%.

But either way I already bought it

Possibly, but it's not a guarantee. You never really know with Steam.

If it is a little cheaper... maybe waiting might not be sucha bad thing.

June 29th, I'm sure that's gotta be the day the sale starts!

Unlikely IMO, because the Steam summer sale started on June 24th the past 2 years. There's really no way that they discount it 5 days after release (or only 2 days if you're not American!).

Skyrim was still selling at full price during the steam Christmas sale, and that was about one entire month after that games release.

I don't see how anyone could wait longer for this expansion. Friday already feels so far away....

There's a possibility of a minor 10% off or so for the summer sale (which would pretty much match pre order sales along with a lot of places opening week sales).

There's a possibility of a black Friday 50%+ for G&K but I can't even see a 33% discount as early as the summer sale.

Unlikely IMO, because the Steam summer sale started on June 24th the past 2 years. There's really no way that they discount it 5 days after release (or only 2 days if you're not American!).

Skyrim was still selling at full price during the steam Christmas sale, and that was about one entire month after that games release.

Definitely not. I got Skyrim on Christmas day (either that, or the day after Christmas) for $40. So again, you never know with Steam.

Definitely not. I got Skyrim on Christmas day (either that, or the day after Christmas) for $40. So again, you never know with Steam.

10 to 25 might be an accurate estimate. Then again a 0% discount is also a possible estimate.

Top Bottom