Will the Patch screw up the mod?

Joebasalt13

Warlord
Now that the patch is released I am afraid that if I download it my CivGold won't work anymore. Will it? Because if not I will wait until I am finished my current game before downloading the patch. Could someone tell me please preferably Wyz or someone with modding knowledege:confused:

Yes - 100% certain it will. :)

I haven't downloaded it yet, so I'm not sure what the exact impact will be, but they've definitely changed critical XML files, which means we'll have to make the same changes. If it's only a few files, though, this shouldn't be a problem. But I'm not sure yet.

Ok thanks guess I have to wait a week before I get the patch then my current game in 18 civs on huge world I am Mayan and in second for game score but I have pathetic military and no production either (not sure how I am going to win) but dammit I am gonna try!

I doubt it will have an effect, all the mods I have made are compatible.

Really? That's good to know.

Still, I want to check for "invisible" effects - changes to XML values that won't be caught unless you compare the tags. Only tag changes and new lines actually screw up the mod. But if they've changed values or effects, then these won't be recognized in the mod XML files.

Not to intentionally add to your work load, but I noticed a few errors in CivGold:
Sweden’s opening dialog didn’t display correctly, instead it just was a line of code. Also several of the fraxis civs didn’t display any text at all when you first meet them while playing a CivGold civ.

Also, I noticed that Australia appears in white colored text (where you click on their leader name to bring up the diplomacy screen) however their cultural boarders are dark blue. I also found some difficulty with so many of the civs having the same cultural boarder colors, I don’t know if there’s anything you can do about that one though.

no errors to report yet... But I have only been play testing updated text files. that I have recently been working on.

I get thouse "mini" buttons too, reducing your screen resolution can aleviate it, and it make the map scroll a bit faster.

1 Issue i found (dont know if its the patch or something else), is that at 740 AD, Warlords, spontaniously just shuts down.

I played a few games without a mod loaded and they got pasted 740 AD with no problem.

So... I dont know if its the time, or if something was happening to cause the game to crash. It might just be one of those hidden changnes. But im still trying to figure it out.

Top Bottom