Will there be a "Hotseat"-Modus in the first released version?

I'm not completely sure, but I think it had been stated somewhere that Hotseat, PBEM, and Pit-boss (if that's what it's called) would come after release, not on release. Again, don't quote me on any of that. I just think I remember reading it somewhere.

Hotseat, pbem and pitboss are all modes that are planned for release later. They aren't quite promised though.
I think it was suggested that they'd be released fairly soon, like within a couple of months.

That's a shame... I really like hotseat games on Civ4. Now I can't get the guys over for a game, none of them are planning to get it any time soon... darn it! :(

That's a shame... I really like hotseat games on Civ4. Now I can't get the guys over for a game, none of them are planning to get it any time soon... darn it! :(

I had to wait an extra day after release to get a copy shipped to my store, but I've got Civ 5 now! Promptly ran into the Steam thing upon Install, then had to go help with work stuff for my friend before we could play.

He's played hotseat with me on Civ4 for years, so after work we came back, eagerly anticipating some fresh Civ5 hotseat action.

I hope someone from Firaxis reads this (Yes I'll be forwarding this to them) because we were really disappointed. Not everyone has an internet connection and hotseat is the only way we have been able to play Civ as a group for years.

Personally, I feel horribly rushed and make bad decisions when playing over the internet with someone I don't really know. (None of my immediate friends play civ online) I play WAY too slowly to accommodate a normal persons patience. The only person who will put up with my slowness is my friend who is sitting next to me. I know Firaxis wants me to play Internet MP and get better and make friends, but I am NOT playing multiplayer if it's not hotseat and If I can't play hotseat then I am NOT a satisfied customer.

Asthix, I really agree. I went through a phase of playing Civ4 online and I enjoyed it at times, yes - but like you say, you don't get all the time you wish. As a developing player I found that this really hampered my play, and was actually quite detrimental giving that I was still learning. But hey. More single player games! From Friday, anyway...

I actually would never have imagined they left out hot-seat & PBEM out of the game. I preordered it yesterday on steam - fully convinced these MP-modes were in of course.

can someone explain me the difference between hotseat and the actual system?

what cant i do now that hotseat would allow?

can i make a match with friends?

hotseat just means that two or more players can play on the same computer, taking it in turns. Currently in civ5, the only way to play multiplayer (to my knowledge) is via 2 copies of the game on two separate computers, via internet or lan etc.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Civilization V not have HOT SEAT multipayer MODE???? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

noo!! late thought it was a 10 for this game.. but without HOT SEAT NOW is a 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cost so much to put in the game the most important thing in ALL civ games that was HOT SEAT MODE!!??????????????

HOPE U LISTEN!!! Damn firaxiz!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

yep no hotseat is really dispointing. the same thing happened with ETW and NTW, steam became the way to organize games but hotseat was removed.

i dont see why we cant have both.:confused:

tbh after you explained me i dont see how hotseat is a problem compared to having again gamespy

why is due to play in a family with the same copy?

blizzard doesnt do that either

I tried playing a hotseat game with my wife once, was way to slow in the start we thought. But we found out we could play on our lan with the same steam account so since we had two pc's we did that instead. Still possible to do that on civ 5 if you got two pc's that are good enough...

I too am disappointed by the lack of a Hot Seat mode. I have heard, as well, that they intend to patch it into the game, but that has only come from other people rambling on the forums. Personally, I believe they removed or did not add Hot Seat in order to fuel additional sales of the game.

In respect to the game I have to say that I'm quite upset about what they've given us. Personally I don't like the fact that when you're building a nation your culture does not merge with all of your cities to create your state. You have to buy tiles in order to spread your culture and you simply run into a situation where you don't have the money to link your culture to all of your cities...so your civilization looks haphazard. It really looks like a simple collection of city-states across the landscapes. Also, the diplomacy was not as in-depth and I was hoping this fifth incarnation of Civ would be. We're at Civ 5 not Civ 1....this means the game should evolve and get better not languish in dead game styles. This game actually reminds me a lot of Call To Power.

Now that I've said that....what I like about the game is the hex based tiles, multi unit graphics, and the ranged combat capabilities. Overall I think that I give Civ 5 a 6.5 on my love it meter. The fact that the Diplomacy seems rather like it was rushed and the features are not well explained really disappoints me. A Sid Meier should know better!

Sorry for the *BUMP*, but has there been any kind of update about this? I'm anxiously awaiting a hotseat patch.

My daughter and I use hotseat to play several pc games. the lack of this feature in civ 5 is very disappointing. For some reason there is a hotseat folder in the game files on my hard drive though.

My daughter and I use hotseat to play several pc games. the lack of this feature in civ 5 is very disappointing. For some reason there is a hotseat folder in the game files on my hard drive though.

It's intended to be added later. It's not 'promised' but planned. It would be reasonable to expect it in the first year, and realistic to expect it in the first few months, but no one can ever tell with Firaxis because they keep this sort of detail quiet until the things actually get released.

add my name to the list of people who pretty much only play in hot-seat. I made the mistake of buying the game first before confirming this feature which was stupid of me but now i cant play with my brother and its dorky but its how we liked to spend time with each other and bond over a good game of civ so im horrible disappointed that they decided it didn't matter anymore really wish i didn't waste my money on the game before finding out a hard date for hot-seat if they even plan on patching it in which im somewhat skeptical of at this point fraxis really is bad at fostering a good relationship with there customers to say there will be hot-seat have people who want hot-seat then pre order and then don't even admit there mistake but have to hear about it the day before in a independent review really kills my enjoyment of the game registered here just to make my complaint i have been a long long time lurker though since before civ 3 came out so its a bit disappointing that after all the good times with civ and this forum my first post is one to complain about how much friaxis let down there customers.

Top Bottom