Votes: 141 12.2%
  • Maybe but I'd like to play it first

Votes: 75 6.5%
  • No I'll probably just nick my friends copy

Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 58 5.0%

• Total voters
Really, I like the idea of unit promotions that include special abilities. What features are you guys waiting for?

i wanna see how the religion is going to work out. i also like customizable govt idea. i wanna see how the warfare and diplomacy is going to work out in this version. i am praying for a lot more advanced and extensive treaty options like the ones that exist in the UN. Actually i want a UN based on the modern world, with at least the major bodies that exist in it like the SC or even something on a humanitarian basis like environment acts, or WWF etc.

Civ III sucks it has no style it trades style and intelegence for higher graphics quality and an AI that cheats every other civ game was better even Civ I
because of this im not going to play a civ 4 because I would have baught civ 3 but someone gave it to me and im furious that they would have conned me into paying for this crap

I waited a long time for Civ3 to hit $30, but I bought Conquests as soon as it came out. I hate paying $50-$60 for a game, but I'll probably buy Civ4 asap and get in on the early fun at CivFanatics Forums learing the ins and outs and posting screenshots for the less fortunate civ'ers.

As for people who hate the games yet hang out here, I think something else is going on. I think some people just like to gripe. I just returned to a MMOL game I've been away from for 4 years and the same level of griping in the forums is going on about the same (or similar) issues. I think some people just get some sort of kick out of trashing the game and developers in forums. :confused:

About the only thing that would kill my interest in Civ4 is if you had to install another program like Gamespy or Steam to run it. No freakin' way. BF2 and HL2 are out of consideration for me because of that.

Yeah duh!
Ofcourse I will buy the game. I think I will be an Civ addict all my life. Don't know if my computer can run the game, but hey, when it doesn't I will have a good reason to buy some extra memory and perhaps even an entire new computer :)

I don't really plan on buying it, though maybe try it out with my friend. Personally, I don't really like where the game is going, and i find that 3d crappy, it looks like warcraft 3, something i would rather not see again... And forest don't look like forests anymore, they look like a little bunch of trees.

However, i do love the idea of holy wars, because making people go to war with others without fighting them yourself is great... Especially if it's a foe with a strong military that is passing through your territory when your forces a busy elsewhere or too weak to enforce your borders.

I'm undecided on their new goverment system...

Gopal said:
Civ III sucks it has no style it trades style and intelegence for higher graphics quality and an AI that cheats every other civ game was better even Civ I
because of this im not going to play a civ 4 because I would have baught civ 3 but someone gave it to me and im furious that they would have conned me into paying for this crap

An AI that cheats... sure... mind explaining this?

I'm definitly gonna buy the game. I'm practicly dying waiting for it. :(

Armed_Maniac said:
It is true the AI cheats it's ass off. But who cares? As far as my experience goes the human mind is still able to win from a cheating AI.
The day an AI will win more than 75% of the games (at deity) without cheating, is the day we can stop thinking, because we can let the computers do all the thinking for us. :rolleyes:
For now we will need a cheating AI to have fun, since the human mind is still way superior oevr the AI.

Yes I will certainly buy the game and enjoy a lot of online competitions, on 1 condition. Does it use Starforce ? I never buy anything with that virus-like protection on it.

Armed_Maniac said:
Cheating ... well, it gets a lot of "unfair" advantages. Their construction is cheaper on higher levels, they get more starting units (even settlers) and they have trading advantages.

I've already got my dual Athlon machine ready for it. I got my parts together before I even heard there was a release date! I won't install any other game on it, since it's only AGP 4x, but dual MP 2800+s and 2Gs of DDR should cut my turn wait down significantly!

I'm not expecting to need too much for graphics since there wont be a need for high FPS capabilities. Any 64M card will run 1024x768 if nothing moves too fast.

Maybe I'll install Civ 3 on it just to benchmark it against my single 3200+... That should give me my fix for a little while.

As badly as I want to play, I'll try the demo, read a few reviews, and wait for the first patch. Then I'm all over it!

I don't think I'm going to buy it until it's been out for a while. I'm going to wait for some mods to come out first. Hopefully there will be a Rise and Rule or similar mod for civ IV, and hopefully a future mod like pentagenisis or Star trek.

I'm going to buy it as soon as I have the cash, which could be the day of or a few weeks after. Can't wait.

I posted earlier that i'll try and resist getting it, but i'm already giving up resisting 3 months before launch! Bring civ4 on!

Top Bottom