win 100% of the time on deity/Pangea

My point is that keshiks are so ridicoulously overpowered against the ai that it has completely ruined the game for me.

So you realize that you are not only claiming other people's work as your own, but you are also trying to advertise some flawless strategy that is based in beating the AI with abusing a UU that is so damn overpowered that any semi ******ed player could employ to win a Deity game.

Of course it ruins the game. Even Babylon, France, Siam or Askia ruins a lot of games, even on Deity. Not to say that anything below Deity, including Immortal , is already ruined for any solid player because you just can't lose unless you do something extremely stupid on purpose.

I only play the "bad" civs. No top UU or UA. Beat Deity with one of those and post your strategy, you will earn respect. You won't get anything (from solid players at least) by claiming to yourself 1 year old strategies that anyone can pull out on their own.

I still don't understand why some players insist on playing an overpowered civ on a favorable map and then claim the game is broken. Either 1) play on a harder map (e.g., I dare you try to win Mongols deity on tiny islands), or 2) change the settings (e.g., instead of the standard 7 civs, try to win domination with 12).

Keshiks are so unbelievably overpowered against the ai that it has essentially ruined the entire game for me. There is no strategy that gives you the kind of momentum that a Keshik rush/army does. None.

It is actually easier as you could not even loose before keshiks.

Big large maps with a lot of land are the worst imho.

Anyone get the feeling that this forum is a little aggro, attack each others ideas, I'm smarter/better than you sometimes? Maybe we all need to lighten up a little... Hopefully when/if the expansion comes out there will be an influx of new players onto the forum, or at least an increase in traffic and posting. I doubt threads like this do much to keep the new players hanging around and contributing.

Jesus who cares about the 0 hit point city capture. I thank you for this article Kevin. I play similar to your style. I prefer one city to multiple when a warmonger and in particular I like to get chivalry with the Mongols later than 80 but earlier than 120. Mongols and Aztecs rule IMO and always will unless the carebears get them nurfed.

Instead of being appreciative of a new strategy, all I see here is constant bashing of the OP.

I thought this forum was civil...

Calm the hell down, really. It's just a game and really, I doubt anyone cares who was the pioneer of a strategy. In the end, it doesn't even really matter.

Jesus who cares about the 0 hit point city capture. I thank you for this article Kevin. I play similar to your style. I prefer one city to multiple when a warmonger and in particular I like to get chivalry with the Mongols later than 80 but earlier than 120. Mongols and Aztecs rule IMO and always will unless the carebears get them nurfed.

Yes, those meddlesome "carebears" are the ones spoiling the fun of "keshiks are so ridicoulously overpowered that it has completely ruined the game for me" through petitioning nerfs like how they did in getting the iron requirement for mohawks removed.

So i started up this strategy on pangea and instantly the game makes a map of nothing but hills & mountains. Is this strategy still viable? Or should i just switch to archers?

Top Bottom