Win Rate Data - Please post your games' results here!

Jugging from the empirical data I had, AI Austria marries the first city-state by the time I had married at least 5 of them. It all comes down to gold, at managing of which AI isn't very good.

The GP% is what makes the UA extra cool though :( Gotta catch em all!
If anything I would add some kind of increasing cost to allying more and more. Haven't played in a "challenging" situation as Austria yet though, so can't comment reliably.

Honestly I feel like rather than increasing gold cost, it would be better to just nerf the marriage itself.

To something like: Married city's resting point becomes 80.

So it's still a great advantage but you still have to work your diplomacy game to keep it up.

Honestly I feel like rather than increasing gold cost, it would be better to just nerf the marriage itself.

To something like: Married city's resting point becomes 80.

So it's still a great advantage but you still have to work your diplomacy game to keep it up.

You think that's all it takes? The only difference it makes is give you -0.5-1.0 influence per turn, doesn't really sound that impressive. Honest question by the way.

You think that's all it takes? The only difference it makes is give you -0.5-1.0 influence per turn, doesn't really sound that impressive. Honest question by the way.
Yeah you're right. The delegates thing is the catch, isn't it.

I would remove it. Allies already give you delegates, even more is overkill.

Yeah you're right. The delegates thing is the catch, isn't it.

I would remove it. Allies already give you delegates, even more is overkill.

It is hard, the delegates is what ties Austria to the diplovictory, which was the whole point. Maybe just making the price a lot steeper so she will only afford to marry 5 or 6 city-states during a full game? But will that be fun?

Hmm, I'd have to say I like Wodhann's resting point idea. Sure, you'll be allied, but you won't be locked in at something like 200 or 300 essentially permanently because of quests. Other players are mostly helpless to this. And while they're sending unit after unit to try to overtake your alliance, you can easily do the same to raise your crazy influence even higher. And yet they will decay, but Austria doesn't. That's just overkill. All this does is raises Austria's hold on the city-state even further. I'd give his idea some serious thought; it sounds highly feasible and more balanced. Doing this, I'm pretty sure that Austria won't need nerfed in other areas.

Am i the only once who thinks that Austria is fine as it is (arguably even a bit weak)? I mean, let's be honest, there is no problem in keeping your alliance indefinite even as other civs - pick first SP in Statecraft, send your trade route - and voila, BFF. Not to mention spies, quests and Cold War.

Am i the only once who thinks that Austria is fine as it is (arguably even a bit weak)?

I've never played a single game as Austria, but a quick look at their UU/UB made me think i never would; i dislike late bonuses. so i guess its good to hear theyre not as weak as i thought, but given their late bonuses... they should have something that makes them strong and worthwhile.

personally, i just found the love that is beginning a game with a free stone works in every city. uhhh..... yes please.

Civilization - Ottomans

Victory Type - Domination

Relative Rank: Easier (first game in CBP after a year break, learning changes.)

Outcome: Walk in the Park: Communitas map, Enrico to the north, Boudicca to the East. Started very early war with her to stop her settlers. No pressure from Enrico. Captured 4 workers, claimed best sites, dominated continent, tech lead... Quick intercontinental war. Domination.

Had AI not continued to send lightly guarded settlers who were whittled away by archer/scouts, game would have been much harder.

Actually, had AI adapted to state of war and sent settlers east, not towards me, and army to west, Boudicca would not have been crippled.

Stats table is up, but we still need a lot more stats.

Callmewoof's stats on the Dutch were not accounted since they were from an older version.

Version 11/17 - Immortal, Epic, Standard, Communitas
Civ: Assyria
Victory Type: Domination
Relative Rank: Compatible (Immortal)
Outcome: Walk in the Park
Additional Info: Using Communitas Terra Map. The game started out as a challenge, being forward settled by Babylon who was half way across the continent (Fountain of youth was that important I guess). Game became a walk in the park once I had conquered 2 capitals before medieval era.

One thing I've noticed - 'Walk in the Park' seems to be the go-to difficulty for most users, but I think it might be a little misleading. If something is challenging, and then, when you've crested the 'challenge hill,' it becomes easier, the entire game wasn't a walk in the park. :)

One would not say, "Yes, climbing Mt. Everest was a walk in the park. Getting up it was insanely hard, but once we started down it was super easy."

G

No, you don't understand, they want it hardcore. Like "everyone DoWs me out of the blue" hardcore.

"Yes, climbing Mt. Everest was a walk in the park. Getting up it was insanely hard, but once we started down it was super easy."

More people die during the descent of Mt Everest than during the ascent, so no, getting down isn't easy.

Top Bottom