Wind plant effect for Tundra tiles?

In my country wind plants are considered a danger to the environment. But not clean, clean, coal.

G
Nuclear power is where it's at IMO. I think it's got the best mix of cost efficiency, environmental safety (risks are overblown) and logistics. (Consistent output and the right amount every time.)

Clean coal isn't total BS btw AFAIK. The idea is the factory captures the CO2 emissions and uses it to hyper fertilize nearby farms. It's just not cost-effective right now, and I doubt it will ever be better than nuclear power or eventually solar and even more eventually fusion. I still would support legilation that requires coal power plants to use clean coal processes as a stop-gap measure and the push the market towards better solutions.

All that stupid IRL stuff that I can't help myself with aside, I support this proposal 100%.

Nuclear power is where it's at IMO. I think it's got the best mix of cost efficiency, environmental safety (risks are overblown) and logistics. (Consistent output and the right amount every time.)

Clean coal isn't total BS btw AFAIK. The idea is the factory captures the CO2 emissions and uses it to hyper fertilize nearby farms. It's just not cost-effective right now, and I doubt it will ever be better than nuclear power or eventually solar and even more eventually fusion. I still would support legislation that requires coal power plants to use clean coal processes as a stop-gap measure and the push the market towards better solutions.

All that stupid IRL stuff that I can't help myself with aside, I support this proposal 100%.

The Anti-Nuclear crowd has soo overblown the risks that unless we get some real verified facts instead of feelings we will not see the proper use of Nuclear energy!

Want to hear something stupid? Our government set a tax to whoever connects a photovoltaic panel (or any renewable source, actually) to the electric grid. We call it the sun tax. It does not matter if you make sure that any produced electricity is going to be consummed in your house. Industry minister said that the company that is managing the grid cannot make proper assumptions if people stop consumming in a non-scheduled way, a problem that every other european big country is dealing with. Industry ministers usually end up with a seat in the counsel of a big electric or gas company, and we suspect they get a great salary for a very relaxed work.
If you want to use panels in your home there are two options. You either accept the fine, or you isolate your house from the grid, but living off-grid means buying batteries.

So, here, in the sunniest european country, we have stopped installing photovoltaic panels. Meanwhile, there are subsidies to local carbon of a very low quality, and to oil and gas imports.

If we extend wind plant effect to tundra, then hydro plants will become weak compared to them. And I don't understand why they both require Aluminium.
Don't know about Wind Plant, but Hydro plant didn't require it in real life. Just big amount of Concrete and Iron.

If we extend wind plant effect to tundra, then hydro plants will become weak compared to them. And I don't understand why they both require Aluminium.
Don't know about Wind Plant, but Hydro plant didn't require it in real life. Just big amount of Concrete and Iron.

If there are nor rivers on Tundra, then it's just weaker in the late game. There isn't any problem with a Wind Plant being better than a Hydro one on Tundra without Rivers, in the same manner as with grasslands/plains. It just penalizes Tundra unfairly.

The aluminium is a good point. There are just so many things that need aluminium in the late game-light tanks/helicopter gunships, Spaceship Parts, I think Nuclear Submarines.

someone needs to release the 'Crappy Terrains Flip-the-Script Mod' already, where Deserts Tundra and Snow are now a paradise of free bonus yields, and the plains grassland and jungles are a barren wasteland.

If there are nor rivers on Tundra, then it's just weaker in the late game. There isn't any problem with a Wind Plant being better than a Hydro one on Tundra without Rivers, in the same manner as with grasslands/plains. It just penalizes Tundra unfairly.

The aluminium is a good point. There are just so many things that need aluminium in the late game-light tanks/helicopter gunships, Spaceship Parts, I think Nuclear Submarines.

It's true. IRL, modern wind turbines mostly use fiberglass and carbon fiber. Hydroplants, you said it. But not much in the civ world requires large amounts of aluminium, except if you think of steel alloys and planes. So here I'd go with rule number 1: If there's a decision between improving gameplay and RL facts, chose gameplay.

edit: sorry for doubleposting. I have no excuse other than brain malfunction.

Last edited:
edit: sorry for double-posting. I have no excuse other than brain malfunction.

I have days that I strive for that level of competence!!!:lol::crazyeye::sleep::p:eek::grouphug:

Top Bottom