1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 7 and RFC (and all other mods)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by NoShameD, Oct 26, 2011.

1. NoShameD

NoShameD Chieftain

I just installed civ 4 on my girlfriend's compter. It gets installed right, but when I launch it, it doesn't want. I searched a little, and found I had to launch it as an admin. The games launches, I can play a BtS game, but it doesn't want to use a mod, even RFC(my favourite). How can I do ?

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Not sure if that can cause trouble as well, but did you try to reinstall RFC with your admin account?

3. NoShameD

NoShameD Chieftain

Ok, it seems it works so. But I wanted totry DoC and Synthesis and they both don't work !

EDIT : just downloaded te latest version of RFC and it doesn't work more... :'(

4. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Standard question: does launching the scenarios directly from the PublicMaps folder work?

5. NoShameD

NoShameD Chieftain

Either I don't do it right, or it doesn't

6. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

I'm playing Civ, BTS and mods without any problem on windows 7.
    I believe the only specific thing I did was to install the game and expansions as admin, as Leoreth pointed.

For Windows 7 related stuffs, there is a thread in the general section of the CIV forum, or you can ask Lemon Merchant, I think she was the one who started it and compiled informations.

7. NoShameD

NoShameD Chieftain

It finally works !
    I copied it from my computer, a bit older and with Windows Vista, to an external Hard Disk, and i works with the windows 7 - computer !

I can play !!!!

8. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade Holy Pin

... and here is what helped me ...