Windows 7 and RFC (and all other mods)

NoShameD

Warlord
I just installed civ 4 on my girlfriend's compter. It gets installed right, but when I launch it, it doesn't want. I searched a little, and found I had to launch it as an admin. The games launches, I can play a BtS game, but it doesn't want to use a mod, even RFC(my favourite). How can I do ?

Not sure if that can cause trouble as well, but did you try to reinstall RFC with your admin account?

Ok, it seems it works so. But I wanted totry DoC and Synthesis and they both don't work !

EDIT : just downloaded te latest version of RFC and it doesn't work more... :'(

Standard question: does launching the scenarios directly from the PublicMaps folder work?

I'm playing Civ, BTS and mods without any problem on windows 7.
I believe the only specific thing I did was to install the game and expansions as admin, as Leoreth pointed.

For Windows 7 related stuffs, there is a thread in the general section of the CIV forum, or you can ask Lemon Merchant, I think she was the one who started it and compiled informations.

It finally works !
I copied it from my computer, a bit older and with Windows Vista, to an external Hard Disk, and i works with the windows 7 - computer !

I can play !!!!

... and here is what helped me ...

Top Bottom