Windows 7: GFC Error: Failed to initialize control themes

jcnolan24

Chieftain
Hey so I bought CIV 4 on steam, i installed the base game and beyond the sword and warlords. I downloaded fall from heaven 2 and patched it to 3.19 (patch j i thiiink.)
Whenever i try to start the game from the civ 4 main menu it drops back to my desktop and begins to start up and then brings up black screen and i hear the error sound and then it tells me

GFC Error: Failed to Initialize Control Themes.

How do i fix this?

From the first post of the FfH2 Bug Thread:

1. "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod. You will receive this error if FfH isn't installed in the correct location (under Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods). If you don't have Civ4 installed to that location just make sure the FfH is installed in the same directory as Final Frontier, Age of Ice and the other mods that came with BtS. Also make sure you have installed the full mod and not just the patch.

I think I remember hearing that in 64-bit Windows 7 that the program should be in Programs x86, but that it not where the installer automatically places it. You should check and edit the destination folder before installation begins.

Top Bottom