• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[wine] BTS starts but the screen is blank

lockheed

Chieftain
I am on Arch linux 64bit, using latest Wine and ATI Catalyst drivers.

I installed Civ4+Warlords+BTs and patched them.

I set my wine according to this:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10158
(the first green section)

The game starts fine (except the graphics behind the progress bar that supposed to be there are not there). I can hear Intro movie and then Menu music. However, the screen remains completely white. I suppose I could click on Quit button if I could guess where it was, but Alt+F4 works faster.

What can I do to make this work?

the graphics behind the progress bar ... are not.
this happens to me one some versions, but doesn't seem to effect anything else.

the screen remains completely white.
this points to it being a graphics card issue. you can tell me if you've already tried these things:
change to windowed mode (you will have to set it in the CivilizationIV.ini file)
turn of anti aliasing (you will have to do this from the catalyst control panel)
post the wine log at winehq (they'll probably be able to help more)

i have a few questions. what version of civ4 did you install? it sounds like a disc based version; which one?

what version of wine are you running? the last few versions may have introduced regressions, although i doubt this, and earlier versions might not even run on your system (i'm not fully up to date on Arch, as i tend to use ubuntu because it's easier;p). version 1.4.1 wine is unsupported at this time, so these instructions need to be updated and tested with version 1.6.

Top Bottom