[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of new posts after 16:00. But sadly nothing exciting happening at the moment. Let the forums explode with new unread tabs when something does actually happen.

You see, they are about to announce Maria the Mad as Portugal leader, so they are trying to put us in the right mindset.
That's it, they made us interpret their mental maltreatment of their fanbase as a clue. I can't imagine what more ridiculous assumption there might be for us to put forward, that must be the peak. Therefore, they just might as well release the news now, no point in waiting anymore.

Did you see who liked this post? :crazyeye:

You see. Exactly my point. How can I support a company that is not only cruel, knows it, but also shows no sign of remorse. That my friends is textbook description of psychopathic personality. And I speak as a psychologist.

Well, at the very least it shows two things, once again; first, what has been said a thousand times, that they are around. And second, that there's definitely something coming. So, it will come when it does. I suggest we stop posting until something truly is happening.

Perhaps Kevin is locked in at nukepoint by Ghandi and is sending subtle signals...

For more serious side: If we give up today, what would be the next presumed date based on reading celestial steam sale signs? I forgot.

For more serious side: If we give up today, what would be the next presumed date based on reading celestial steam sale signs? I forgot.

Next Tuesday/Thursday. Some announcements/releases were made at the end of Steam Sales, rather than at the beginning.

If there's nothing by next Thursday I'll quit my short and pathetic career as a Civseer.

Next Tuesday/Thursday. Some announcements/releases were made at the end of Steam Sales, rather than at the beginning.

If there's nothing by next Thursday I'll quit my short and pathetic career as a Civseer.

I feel like the 4th and the 6th of February might be interesting dates to watch, if this is indeed a Season Ticket. Otherwise, the 25th of February is interesting as well. But they are sitting on what appears to be a finished patch. That egg has to hatch sooner or later.

Perhaps Kevin is locked in at nukepoint by Ghandi and is sending subtle signals...

As I mentioned last week, I feel more confident with a Feb 13th release date for what comes next (assuming a DLC, or Season Ticket, or a Patch w/ free content). I am expecting an announcement on either Jan 28, or more likely Feb 4th for something of that size. However, if it is just a patch, it could be as late as a Feb 11th announcement.

We are nearly certain that there is content to release. We've seen the QA builds. We've seen what look like release related Achievements. It's now just a guessing game of what that content is, and when it will come.

@pokiehl, are you waiting for a fix to the modding tools to release your new Improved Covilizations Mod?

The broken state of the modding tools has frustrated some minor components of the mod (making new Unique Improvements for Scotland and Canada) but I can work around the issues. The man thing halting the progress of the mod is life. I'm almost done (> 90%) but it's been difficult to find time to sit down and work on it.

The broken state of the modding tools has frustrated some minor components of the mod (making new Unique Improvements for Scotland and Canada) but I can work around the issues. The man thing halting the progress of the mod is life. I'm almost done (> 90%) but it's been difficult to find time to sit down and work on it.

Well, life is most important and we’ll be happy to get another great mod of yours when you get to it. Thanks for responding.

All this is not helped by very outdated "expansions" model instead of reasonably done DLCs released more often. Crusader Kings II had like 14 big DLCs over 6 years plus some minor ones and they usually had great quality, end on average there were like two patches every big DLC, documented weekly. There was always something new (and it was always somewhat optional, civ expansions basically force you to spend money to keep up).

I'd rather have the "old" method of expansions over constant DLC because of the frustrating steep learning curve that comes with every Paradox DLC. If you're not updated enough with the DLC and the dev diaries (like I am), you'll miss out of a lot of new or changed mechanics, leaving with the assumption that what you had from the start was an unfinished game.

This thread and 2500 posts talking for months about pain of waiting and desperately trying to predict next crumb of information about the game is very clear message people want more info more often

I don't mind waiting. I have life to keep me distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom