[NFP] How satisfied are you with NFP (So far - Updates included)?

Are you satisfied with NFP?

• Yes! I really enjoy every turn with it.

• It's Ok. Could be better, but it's better than getting nothing.

• Not at All! I was expecting something better.

• Mmm, ... I'm undecided yet (please tell us in the Comments why).

Results are only viewable after voting.
Overall I have really enjoyed it, but still didn't want to vote for the top option. I love all the new Civs & I am *really* enjoying some of the new modes (Secret Societies & the new Economic Mode are my clear favourites). As other people have said, though, I had hoped for more-Plagues & another Religion overhaul being the top-most for me. Getting the AI to properly use all the new modes must also be a top priority for Firaxis before the end of this season, IMO

My advice to Firaxis would be, once the free update launches in April, don't launch another Season pass for around 6 months, & instead focus on rebalancing & improving upon all the features added in NFP. Especially ensuring the AI knows how to use all the new features.

My advice to Firaxis would be, once the free update launches in April, don't launch another Season pass for around 6 months, & instead focus on rebalancing & improving upon all the features added in NFP. Especially ensuring the AI knows how to use all the new features.
More balances and patches would definitely be more beneficial now than new mechanics.

Mmm, ... I'm undecided yet - I'm not playing and won't buy it unless they fix the path issues.

I like to nickname it the OPrah mod.
"You get a crazy ability, you get a crazy ability, everyone gets a crazy ability!" :mischief:
That's why I'd like her to be narrator in Civ 7.. unless Firaxis got serious and tries to make a real game about 'civilizations to stand the test of time'.

And just general polish overall would be appreciated. The NFP has felt kinda rushed in my opinion.
I can somewhat agree with that. It's still pretty good, in my opinion, but if it had a longer schedule it could have been much better.

I like it and wouldn't mind another season if they have enough valid ideas for enhancements and modes.

Being an IT professional, I feel that the monthly rhythm is just too fast in order to dish out valid quality. I understand they're on a DEVOPs trip, but I feel they're unable to adequately deliver quality. Especially in these troubled times.

What I would like to see, if they decide to go on a season 2, is go on a 2 months delivery instead of 1 month. And take more time to adequately tests their versions, and include bug/balance fixes from the previous delivery in every release.

I'm pleased with NFP, the amount of content we've got during a pandemic has been very impressive.

If I was to be critical, I'd say that quite a few of the new Game Modes have been great concepts, but feel like they could have used a little more development time to flesh them out. I might be in the minority on this, but I honestly would not have minded getting half the modes we did, if that then meant those modes would get a little more time in the cooker. Still, I'm just happy we're seeing continued development four years after release.

One thing that has been great is the regular video updates and live streams. Even if they opted for a slower release schedule in future, I'd hope they keep up the regular communication!

Top Bottom