[WIP] Fantasy Terrain

Horem

Emperor
Just before my absence I started working on some terrain textures. While I am back, first on my list is to finish these. The two screenshots show the Africa and Asia continent textures.

Part of this Project will also be to redo(I've already got some started) the Forest and Jungle textures to go along with the terrains.

Thought I'd share, and get some thoughts :)

Attachments

• FantasyTerrain_A.jpg
    FantasyTerrain_A.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 515
  • FantasyTerrain_B.jpg
    FantasyTerrain_B.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 717
Top work,, like always.:cheers:

So a small update. I have been finishing up my tree set for the African continent terrains. Unfortunately the gr2's associated to the spawning of forests ignore all the changed dds's and still like to produce the Vanilla forests, very frustrating tbh.

I have attached my files so far, regarding the Forest, along with the unedited gr2's in the hopes that someone with better modelling skills than myself may fancy a challenge :) . The Generic forest gr2 references a dds that is not included in the fpk's we currently have access too.(atleast its not extracted to the resource folder)

Attachments

• Forest.rar
    534.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Forest_Original_gr2.rar
    43.7 KB · Views: 36
So a small update. I have been finishing up my tree set for the African continent terrains. Unfortunately the gr2's associated to the spawning of forests ignore all the changed dds's and still like to produce the Vanilla forests, very frustrating tbh.

I have attached my files so far, regarding the Forest, along with the unedited gr2's in the hopes that someone with better modelling skills than myself may fancy a challenge :) . The Generic forest gr2 references a dds that is not included in the fpk's we currently have access too.(atleast its not extracted to the resource folder)

If you're trying to spawn the feature mid-game (with plot:SetFeatureType) you'll run into that exact issue as I found out here. If you place the your new feature in your mapscript before the game starts does it work then?

Its not new, its a complete replacement or was going to be :crazyeye: . I have come across it before, animated animals(cow/sheep reskins) to name one, the gr2's have internal referenced dds file ya cant seem to change(with nexusbuddy), and even if ya do the change is ignored, due to some other dds reference ya can't change.

Were these intended to look weird? Cause I'm imagining bog monsters in the maroon marsh.
Could you please do a lava/burnt desert? It'd look great for my Dragon unit... I'd use these textures just to do previews of my units.:D

Top Bottom