WoC General Discussion

I try to do what you say : that doesn't work. The program crashes when it's charging the XML. Can you help me ?

awesome, can't wait till it comes out... just another quick q, when it does come out and we install it, will we be able to load older saved games from the previous (1.1) version?

I haven't the technic for print screen so :

First : Loading from start to "WoC [XML]"
No more progression

Second : Vista's window : "le programme a cessé de fonctioner" And crash. That's all.

Ah, a detail : when WoC is loading, the window hasn't the colours of Civ IV. That's white with the blue bar in the middle.

rockinroger,

Any chance the next core release will allow us to install into another directory other than the default C:\..... ? I ask because my laptop I can't use the mod at all because I have to run the game from my D: drive (due to space and a security issue). I have Civ4 installed on D, but this mod requires Civ4 to be installed on C:\Program Files\Fraxis..... to work.

rockinroger,

Any chance the next core release will allow us to install into another directory other than the default C:\..... ? I ask because my laptop I can't use the mod at all because I have to run the game from my D: drive (due to space and a security issue). I have Civ4 installed on D, but this mod requires Civ4 to be installed on C:\Program Files\Fraxis..... to work.

Well, you can always press the 'Browse' button and select the dir you actually installed Civ to. The default civ path is just a proposal.

rockinroger,

Yes you can change the default location. On my 2nd computer I run a raid 1 setup, so I shift most of my programs to drive d. So when you get to the choose install location either push browse for a new location or type in where you want it to go. For my 2nd computer I put it here, D:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\. Hope that helps.

hmm, I could have swore I tried that and it would not run. I'll try that again. thanks.

I haven't the technic for print screen so :

First : Loading from start to "WoC [XML]"
No more progression

Second : Vista's window : "le programme a cessé de fonctioner" And crash. That's all.

Ah, a detail : when WoC is loading, the window hasn't the colours of Civ IV. That's white with the blue bar in the middle.

Translation?
Second : Vista's Window : "The Program has ceased to Function"

French and English very similar

Is there a readme to show which modules WOC handles?
Does this readme show how to activate or alter any of the features WOC provides?

Top Bottom