1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WoC General Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - World of Civilization' started by TAfirehawk, Jul 28, 2008.

1. purplexus

purplexus Prince

Is the WOC team aware that the CIV 4 Gold Pack does not install into the same directory as if you were to buy Civ4 and Warlords seperately?

I have Gold and BTS seperately
    here is the default directory.. ( ignore the (x86) that is Vista 64 bit that does that part)

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Beyond the Sword

2. faichele

faichele Chieftain

Hello!

I'm trying to deploy a stable set of extensions with the current development of the WoC modding "framework"; experience shows that the problem with program crashes and loading errors when starting Civ IV with the WoC mod usually is caused by older and newer versions of WoC installers getting "mixed" into a single module directory.

If you want to give the WoC version I develop with, grab a Subversion client (I use TortoiseSVN from http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads) and download the "alpha" version from
    https://worldofciv.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/worldofciv/Workshop/Revised_SDK

Use Windows Explorer to open your BtS installation directory, then go to "Mods" there. Right-click into the folder listing, and choose "SVN checkout" from the context menu, and enter the URL above.
    But be warned: Parts of it are under active development (for example, it integrates jdog5000's Revolution now).

Have fun!

3. Nitneuq

Nitneuq Chieftain

I followed the recommandations of rockinroger : FullWoC + the 5th pack modules. The game always crashes when he's loading the XML(uncached).

Anger and frustration.

4. ravenone

ravenone Warlord

Nitneug,

Just a thought, did you install WOC and its modules to the exact same directory (actuall the MOD folder under BTS) as the full game?

If you didn't, that is your problem. I've noticed the same problem in the past when I had installed the game someone place other than the default c:/program files/firaxis..... and then when I installed WOC I let it go with its default (which was not where I had placed the game program files).

5. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

do you by chance have CIV 4 Gold Pack instead of the 3 civ4,warlords and bts?

6. MarkN

MarkN Chieftain

I am having the same problems as Nitneuq.
    with just the WoC core (I have poor internet access and so cannot download FullWoc), or with a small number of additional modules, I get the 'This program has stopped working' message when the checking screen gets to [WoC] XML (Uncached). I have Civ4, warlords and Bts independantly installed (not Civ Gold) to the C:/Games directory in Windows Vista.
    the MLF.log file reads 'Entering MLF' with no additional information.
    The end of the xml.log reads:
    Code:
    SetGameText Civ4GameText/TEXT
    Loading XML file xml\text\civ4gametext_new.xml
    Load XML file xml\text\civ4gametext_new.xml SUCCEEDED
    Loading XML file xml\text\civ4gametext_civilopedia_civleaders.xml
    Load XML file xml\text\civ4gametext_civilopedia_civleaders.xml SUCCEEDED
    Wrote GlobalText to cache
    Loading XML file xml/GlobalTypes.xml
    Load XML file xml/GlobalTypes.xml SUCCEEDED
    SetGlobalStringArray Civ4Types/AnimationOperatorTypes/AnimationOperatorType
    SetGlobalStringArray Civ4Types/FunctionTypes/FunctionType
    SetGlobalStringArray Civ4Types/FlavorTypes/FlavorType
    SetGlobalStringArray Civ4Types/ArtStyleTypes/ArtStyleType
    SetGlobalStringArray Civ4Types/CitySizeTypes/CitySizeType
    SetGlobalStringArray Civ4Types/ContactTypes/ContactType
    SetGlobalStringArray Civ4Types/DiplomacyPowerTypes/DiplomacyPowerType
    SetGlobalStringArray Civ4Types/AutomateTypes/AutomateType
    SetGlobalStringArray Civ4Types/DirectionTypes/DirectionType
    SetGlobalStringArray Civ4Types/FootstepAudioTypes/FootstepAudioType
    Loading XML file xml\Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml
    Load XML file xml\Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml SUCCEEDED
    SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4ArtDefines/InterfaceArtInfos/InterfaceArtInfo)
    Loading XML file xml\Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Movie.xml
    Load XML file xml\Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Movie.xml SUCCEEDED
    SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4ArtDefines/MovieArtInfos/MovieArtInfo)
    Loading XML file xml\Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml
    Load XML file xml\Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml SUCCEEDED
    SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4ArtDefines/MiscArtInfos/MiscArtInfo)
    Loading XML file modules\interface\civ4 default theme\civ4 default theme_civ4artdefines_misc.xml
    Load XML file modules\interface\civ4 default theme\civ4 default theme_civ4artdefines_misc.xml SUCCEEDED
    SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4ArtDefines/MiscArtInfos/MiscArtInfo)

7. Nitneuq

Nitneuq Chieftain

I had civ 4 gold final pack but I think I had uninstall it. Can CIV gold do some problems with the WoC pack ?

8. rockinroger

It will only affect the install path, the Woc installer goes to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods. While Civ Gold goes to C:\Program Files \2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Beyond the Sword\Mods. Other then that Im not aware of any other differences. As I do not have Civ Gold I am not 100% sure. Does anyone else have Civ Gold and does WoC work in it? You have the option of changing the install path of WoC.

9. agoodfella

agoodfella Prince

will future releases be compatible with older game saves?

10. purplexus

purplexus Prince

I use the Civ 4 Gold with the BTS expansion pack.

All is good other then known bugs.

Again you just have to place the Mod pack in the correct path which by default is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Again the (x86) after program files is due to running Vista 64 bit... if you don't have 64 Bit Vista leave out the (x86) after program files.

11. purplexus

purplexus Prince

We need dates as to what to expect and when.

Help required?

I have a few hours per night. (after all I was the original Mod making machine)

12. rockinroger

1.2 is in the finishing touches, added in is Revolutions, Immigrants, Pirates Ho, Beta Super Spies, Beta Sea Cities. and some more stuff. Sure we would love to have your help. Shoot me a PM and Ill direct you to our team chat.

13. agoodfella

agoodfella Prince

Sorry if this has already been answered rockinroger, but once we install 1.2, will we be able to open up saved games from version 1.1?

i.e. is 1.2 backward compatible with 1.1 saved games?

thanks!

14. rockinroger

@agoodfella no i dont thnk it will be as this is a major update, with lots of sdk changes.

15. agoodfella

agoodfella Prince

ok thanks man. i look forward to the release!

16. ph4804

ph4804 Chieftain

Me and a friend are playing your great mod. But we have bumped into a problem. When we try to load a saved game I get an error message that says:
    Failed to uncompress data

And then the game crashes. We tried to play and load a saved game in the original BtS and there was no problem then.

Any help would be appreciated.

17. mamba

mamba Deity

Was it a regular BtS savegame ? Those cannot be loaded with a mod and vice versa.

18. ph4804

ph4804 Chieftain

The save file that we tried in the mod was generate by the same mod the night before.
    And when we tried if the problem was for just the mod we did start up a new game in the original BtS game and made a new save file there that we tried.

So the files where for the right program.

/Eager to beat my friends as usual :)

19. mamba

mamba Deity

Ok, I misread then, I thought you tried loading the same savegame in regular BtS and that this did work.

20. ph4804

ph4804 Chieftain

Can also say that I tried to play the game myself for a couple of hundred turns and then save and start again and then it worked fine.