Wonder Ideas for C2C

Your "no Wonders at all" handicap sounds very interesting, too!

Thanks. Its one of those things were you just have to set your own self control and not a game setting.

@Hydromancerx, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ancient_monuments_in_Rome
I stopped counting on 50 and it was maybe 1/6. The highest estimations of ancient Rome city population I've heard were ~1, 250, 000 -- however I doubt it. Not taking in the account all roads and fragments of walls and some which could be destroyed before others appeared, I think, we can optimistically take, there were 75 at once. Will it match our current restrictions?

I do not consider all those landmarks to be world wonders. But if we will put every bigger castle or temple as a wonder, why shouldn't we do it with things from the list? In the ancient times, even those bridges were something.

And about this xml. Is this parameter still in use, if we have the max number of wonders growing together with cities?

Well Rome seems to break all the rules, but that's why Rome was so epic. If Ancient Rome was about 1,250,000 pop that would be somewhere in the 40's I know size 49 is 1,400,000 pop. Which I think would be big city in the classical era. I am not sure if I have got my cities that big so early but I think with the right traits, civics, buildings and terrain it could work.

@SargontheGreat2 I was wondering if you were up to building some more trade wonders like the Nok Statuary but with less detail provided by me and more input from you?

What I would like to achieve is two trade wonders per cultural group one for Prehistoric/Ancient/Classical and one for Medieval/Renaissance/Industrial/Modern. Each would require a wonder(?) building and a new manufactured resource.

Fine Stoneware Carvers
If I could remember the name of the famous but not yet found nation that produced these in the Ancient era I would use their name here. All I can remember is that they were on the Persian Gulf and that Sumer or Babylon sent a trade caravan with grain and dates in exchange for one cup! They backed the trade up with a threat to invade if the trade was turned down.

Requires
Culture Middle Eastern
Stone in the vicinity
Technologies: Carving and Barter​

Provides: +1:), +1:gold: 6 Fine Stone Vessels, some culture, +1GP (Artist)

Manufactured Resource: Fine Stone Vessels +1:), +1%:gold: in bazaar​

Red and Black Ware Painter
This is the famous Greek pottery.

Requires
Culture European
Fine Clay in the vicinity
Building: Potter
Technology: Glassware - since we don't have a glaze tech​

Provides: 6 Red and Black Ware; Story Teller line of units get +1exp. +1GP (Artist)

Manufactured Resource: Red and Black Ware +1:health:, +1%:gold: in bazaar​

Just some ideas

Wonder trade goods.
  • Jade Death Masks - South American Culture, reduces costs of all funerary buildings
  • Emu Carved Eggs - Oceania, pictographs(?)
  • Hawaiian Surf Boards - Oceania, Martial Arts - reduces cost of water sports buildings

New Wonder - Aesop's Fables requires literature reduces crime in all cities -5.

New Building - Ostrich Farm +1:) - requires Feather Worker and Ostrich Hunter. Provides new manufactured resources: Fine Leather (for fashion house corporation) and Ostrich Fan +1% gold in Brothel and Theater.

Story Teller line of units get +1exp. How do I do this?

Once the CC chart we're working on for the Combat Mod (in my sig line below btw) is complete, you'll have an Entertainer Unit Combat to use in conjunction with the Experience by Unit Combat tag(s). The Story Teller line would pretty much be the definition of the Entertainer Unit Combat.

In fact, the CC is already defined on the xml... just not applied to the units properly yet. So you can use the definition of the CC on a building tag now in preparation for the unit CCs nearing a full update.

Can your have the new resource give +1%gold to all marketplaces please Hydro? Sorry for asking another favor, but can you also put resources in the main Sargon folder, with the mod defines

Did you do the resources you asked me for by yourself? :confused:

New Sargon resources folder for Resources folder

EDIT: New Wonder and resources, the Carved Emu Eggs for Oceania

EDIT: New Wonder and resources, the Hawaii Surfboards for Oceania

Attachments

• Sargon.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Emu_Egg_Resource.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Emu_Egg.zip
    117.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Surfboard.zip
    109.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Surfboard_Resource.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 50
Story Teller line of units get +1exp. How do I do this?

Thanks for doing these trade wonders. The AI is building and trading them so that is good.

I think we need a combat class entertainer (UNITCOMBAT_ENTERTAINER) and I need to do something about exp on them also, I just had one spectacularly succeed in entertaining a conquered city and get some exp rather than be used up. I am using that unit every conquered city now as it has almost no chance of being used up.

Thanks for doing these trade wonders. The AI is building and trading them so that is good.

I think we need a combat class entertainer (UNITCOMBAT_ENTERTAINER) and I need to do something about exp on them also, I just had one spectacularly succeed in entertaining a conquered city and get some exp rather than be used up. I am using that unit every conquered city now as it has almost no chance of being used up.

Don't suppose you read my post replying to this where I stated that I'd defined this (it's already in our assets) and they will be soon assigned to all appropriate units along with all other new Combat Classes.

You can already begin using the entertainer unitcombat... but for your sake I'd put a freeze on manipulating any and all unitcombats on all units as they will soon all be overwritten with a thorough audit... the planning on this is already in place and the programming to autowrite directly from the planning document is something Nimek seems to have pretty much hammered out successfully already so all we're waiting on is for me to finish the document. It's taking a while to get through the weapon CC planning but within a week or two it'll be ready to rock. We'll have it in place fully before the next release.

Top Bottom