1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wonders of the Ancient World Deluxe

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Scenarios' started by JFD, May 17, 2015.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to scenario forum and removed WIP from title, as requested

2. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

JFD, minoa was well balanced before. There was no need to remove the settler.

3. Skykiller

Skykiller Chieftain

I've just played the scenario and it's amazing. You didn't only update the scenario to fit with the expansions features but you also improved it. Very good work !

Seeing this level of skill, I dream of seeing you making a deluxe version of one of the best scenario of Civ V whose only default is that it needs an update : Into the Renaissance.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

4. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

I don't know what's happening, but I seem to have the religion icons in the scenario all messed up - for example Chaldeanism has an icon of a Native American religion, an Ashurism uses the Akatt-u symbol. It seems as if the scenario picked wrong icons from Tomatekh's Historical Religion atlas. I'm running the scenario with Community Patch, Info Addict, Cultural Diversity, Events and Decisions and a handful of gameplay tweaks, but I don't suspect those would interefere so much with the scenario itself.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Dunno how that happened; all the indexes were off by one. Uploading a fix now (also fixed the only incompatibility between the scenario and Piety, so the two seem to work ok).

6. spendabuck

spendabuck Chieftain

Are you planning on updating anymore scenarios? Because I believe that some scenarios like Paradise Found, Scramble for Africa, & Into the Renaissance could use some work.

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

8. spendabuck

spendabuck Chieftain

I would just add/replace some of the civilizations; replace Belgium with your Belgium, the Boers with CL Boers, England with your Victorian Britain, Egypt/Rome with modern counterparts (you wouldn't know how much I hate seeing Octavian & Ramesses in the 19th century), as well as adding in some civs like Kongo & SPAIN (I know they didn't do much in the SoA, but I can't stand Firaxis wasting all of the Iberian Peninsula like that!).

Also, for some reason I don't trust that face…

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Yeah, it could work; I can see adding Kongo and Spain (I didn't even realize Spain was absent, but come to think of it...) as valid, and VE I could work for Italy. Not sure who I could use for Egypt, but I'm sure there's sometime. I'll give it some thought.

10. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Omani leaderscreen could work as Muhammad Ali of Egypt. Spain had a protectorate in Morocco and had Western Sahara, so their inclusion is justified too - not to mention a possible nice naval base on the Canary Islands.

But other than swapping civs and leaderheads and including a couple new ones, I think the scenario doesn't need much work - it is very nice by itself. It has unique policy trees, units and rules; it was one of the more enjoyable ones "out of the box".

11. spendabuck

spendabuck Chieftain

I highly agree; I really do enjoy Scramble for Africa. However, I still believe it could use some improvement; again, some new civs, some new leader heads *cough*no more Augustus Caesar*cough*, & potentially the addition of religion (I know it didn't have as much of a role that late in history, but it would still be interesting IMO). I'd be more than willing to give ideas. :)

12. Genghis Khaiser

Genghis Khaiser Prince

Why not? What does that emoji mean? Sarcasm? Is anyone else going to do it? Somewhere in CivFanatics there is a post with ideas for it, and personally I think it would do justice to that Scenario.

13. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

Perhaps you could add an imperative for the African civs to maintain their own religion, whilst the Europeans earn points for spreading their religion throughout the continent. it might be overcomplicating the scenario somewhat but it would be interesting if the non-Europeans had a defensive bonus whilst following their own religion - to symbolise how the idea of religion inspired resistance and rebellion against the colonisers. The flip side of this being, reduced effectiveness when fighting the empires if following their religion.

Of course, it's possible that this would make Ethiopia even stronger in the scenario, given their tendency to turtle, and their UA. The thought of these updated scenarios is interesting though.

14. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

I was trying to update the art for SFA the other day, but I can't get it to work. I made a thread about it here.

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

16. peterbainham

peterbainham Chieftain

Sorry for the newb question but how do I install this?

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized I had to unpack the download first.

17. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

YESPLEASEYESPLEASEYESPLEASE! It's the best scenario in the game by far, so pleeeaaassee! :D

Welp, Age of Imperialism is going to release a huge number of Scramble for Africa-related civs in the future... lessee: The Dervish State, Menelik II's Ethiopia, Colonial France, Colonial Italy, African Colonial Spain, Colonial Germany/German Africa, Cecil Rhodes, Liberia, African Colonial Portugal, Madagascar and (possibly) modern Egypt, Cetshwayo's Zululand and late Ottoman Empire. Maybe even a modern Morocco. I'd say that's a fair amount of things to add! :p

Also there are the Boers, and you said you were interested in king Leopold II, so... that's also something.

18. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

I did not know you were doing Cethswayo. How are handling Impi?

19. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

The Impi name is given to Cetshwayo, and Shaka's UU is renamed to Ibutho. This is because the regiment that is normally called Impi is actually called Ibutho, while Impi is a more general term that refers to a group of armed Zulu warriors.

EDIT: But, ah, if you want to discuss this further, you should post in my thread instead. [offtopic]

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

WotAWD updated to v4:

• New Civilization: LiTE's Akkad.
    • Assyrian Heavy Spearman replaced with Royal Library. It's XP-giving effects shifted to the building directly.
    • Can no longer access regular Single-Player mode with this mod active

There most likely won't be a Steam upload for this update - 90mb is just too difficult to upload, apparently.