Wordle

The new hot game of the week is the Password Game

Made it all the way to step 16 with the chess stuff today.
A real internet sleuth game. :)

Actually, even the creator has not beaten it. :eek:

The chess notation is really evil!
+ if you put the king in check
x if you capture a piece
if there are two of the same piece, first priority is column number, and if that does not work use row letter instead

The emoji took me ages to figure out how to put it in.
I'm sure knowledgeable people can get it done in 10 seconds.

Last edited:
I tried it but it's too glitchy. It keeps refreshing and duplicating what I already typed (which throws off the addition and multiplication).

Cross Nerdle is the latest "Wordle, but with numbers" variant. You need to fill in a simple crossword, but each answer must be a valid sum.

I got an unsolvable one.

The best chess move was Re8 for mate. But that's the chemical symbol for rhenium (75). The Roman numerals have to multiply to 35. Only 7 and 5 do that which is V (vanadium, 23) and VII (I is iodine, 53). Those add up to 152 so there's no way to get back down to 200 without ditching VII and V or the best chess move.

I got an unsolvable one.

The best chess move was Re8 for mate. But that's the chemical symbol for rhenium (75). The Roman numerals have to multiply to 35. Only 7 and 5 do that which is V (vanadium, 23) and VII (I is iodine, 53). Those add up to 152 so there's no way to get back down to 200 without ditching VII and V or the best chess move.

All the elements have to add up to 200 right?

Re 75
V 23
I 53

Cd 48 is no good. C is a Roman numeral hmm

As 33
P 15

Would those two work?

Or is there another capital letter putting you over 200 already?
Make sure not to capitalize Pepsi or Shell.

Last edited:
You can also use XXXV and I for the 35

V and I were in there twice so they add up to 152.

XXXV and I could help by getting rid of an iodine. The I could also double as the beginning of the affirmation.

What really throws a wrench in it is the YouTube video. You have to find one and then hope the URL doesn't contain digits that put you over 25 when combined with the captcha.

That's the part I haven't gotten past yet

V and I were in there twice so they add up to 152.

XXXV and I could help by getting rid of an iodine. The I could also double as the beginning of the affirmation.

What really throws a wrench in it is the YouTube video. You have to find one and then hope the URL doesn't contain digits that put you over 25 when combined with the captcha.
xD

I didn't make it that far.

Yikes!

The tip about just using 35 was great. You can start with XXXV#0 because you know what's coming. It's sneaky to say they need to multiply to 35 because you can just use 35.

I'm stuck on step 24 right now because it's so frustrating. You have to use the URL of a YouTube video with a randomly chosen length. But when you search YT, sometimes the results will have a different length than the actual video. Also, the URL is case sensitive so you have to hope there are no Roman numerals or elements in it, as well as hoping there aren't digits that will put you over 25 when combined with the captcha.

All while rule 23 requires you to feed 3 worms per minute to Paul. You can't overfeed him or you lose.

Cross Nerdle is the latest "Wordle, but with numbers" variant. You need to fill in a simple crossword, but each answer must be a valid sum.
I've been able to solve the Monday one but the Friday/Saturday ones were "I don't even know where to start" and the Wednesday one was "I wrote done a lot of numbers, felt good, then hit submit and the entire board lit up red"

It can be extremely opaque sometimes, but there's no shame in only doing the ones at the start of the week!

Top Bottom