Wordle

Framed in 5
Spoiler Wednesday August 17th :
Camel caravan in a desert: ❌ Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Official letter written in Chinese: ❌ Flight of the Phoenix
Aerial long-shot of an east-Asian palace(?): ❌ The Last Emperor
Overhead shot of two fighters in a courtyard: ❌ Hero
Spoiler OK, then it must be the other one... :
Over-the-shoulder shot of a Chinese woman in conversation: ✅ Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Quordle in 5/8/6/4, after a poor seventh guess
Spoiler Image showing all guesses and solutions :
1660727987442.png
And Wordle (Hard mode) in 4. Quite pleased with myself for finding words which used a different letter-order for all 3 initial guesses
Spoiler Image showing solution :
1660728151490.png

I couldn't come up with the second word in Quordle

Spoiler :
Had it as _A___ with a T and L known at the end and couldn't think of three-consonant strings to end the word with- certainly wouldn't have thought of "LTZ"

I had that issue too, especially as I knew it had only a single vowel.

Opened today with Goose, equally possible even worse second word. Still got it in 4 ;)

Yesterday I got my 3s back above my 5s yesterday, 23 to 22. Almost got a 2 the other day but I deleted my opener that was set for 4 greens and went with another one :(

Got both yesterday's (Slumdog Millionaire) and today's (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?) Framed solutions on the first screenshot (having seen both films helped, but yesterday's I'd only seen once >10 years ago, and today's was an old favourite but which I've only seen twice: the shots were basically too damn easy)

Also got yesterday's Quordle in 4/5/7/8 and yesterday's Wordle in 4. But today I lost my mojo, failing Quordle...
Spoiler Friday 19th August, image showing all solutions :
Quordle 2022-08-19.png
and only just getting Wordle (Hard Mode)...
Spoiler image showing the solution :
Wordle 2022-08-19.png

Last edited:
Haha I got the first letter on the first go for today’s, but I too arrived on the correct word in an awfully similar shape with the same penultimate.

I had my first double-miss on Quordle- I missed both the one that tj missed and the one that he got on the 9th try, for a shameful 5/6/X/X

I guessed an anagram of the 5 on my 4th guess before getting it right on my 5th

We finished preparing 14 new articles for publication today, 12 of which had passed under my eyes over the past 2.5 days. I need a break...

Framed in one, again. It was Hero.

Quordle was despatched in 7 guesses, and less than 3 minutes
Spoiler Wednesday 24th August; image showing all solutions :
Quordle 2022-08-24.png
Wordle needed 4 guesses, but it took me a little longer to think of good test-words (Hard Mode)
Spoiler Image showing solution :
Wordle 2022-08-24.png
BTW, can anyone still watching this thread confirm that these images are actually being properly Spoiled by XenForo2? Asking because while I don't see them thumbnailed at the bottom of my post in Firefox on Mac, I have seen spoiler'd images get thumbnailed on Firefox on my Android phone, so I'm now not sure about other devices/ platforms.

If these images are getting inadvertently exposed, I'll stop posting them (or at least complain about it in the "Problems with XF2" thread! ;) ).

Wordle in 2! Second one on current scorecard and maybe my 5th-7th total. Pure skill bb.

Today's Framed started with two totally uninspiring generic exteriors (no individual people or locations identifiable: I clutched at the straws Are We Nearly There Yet? and The Sum of All Fears, respectively), but the third shot clinched it — even though I haven't actually seen that movie, either: Captain Phillips.

Followed that up by beating Quordle in a relatively easy seven (again)
Spoiler Image showing all solutions :
Quordle 2022-08-29.png
...and a fortuitous stock first guess gave me Wordle's solution in three (Hard Mode)
Spoiler Image showing my solution :
Wordle 2022-08-29.png

Wordle in 3
Spoiler :
My first guess was an anagram of the actual answer, and my second guess a different anagram of the actual answer. Think this is the first time I've ever guessed a word that was five yellows.

S T O N E
T O N
E S
O N S E T

Quordle in 5/6/4/7

in 2 today
Spoiler :
Snort -> onset

I haven't done Heardle in a few weeks. Almost inevitably losing every day was getting a bit wearing. It's seems that there's a Heardle 2000s now, as well.

I did at least get today's Heardle on the last try, even I totally bombed all the Decades songs.

Got the Eagle achievement for finishing in 6 turns in Quordle :woohoo:

(Specifically it was a 4/6/3/5)

Spoiler :

First two Guesses were:

STONE
HAILY

___N_ (T, E, A, L) - Guess that must be LEANT
____Y (S, T, A) - Hm... I don't think there's a U here, so only one vowel, and it's not the second or third letters, probably A___Y... ARTSY, then?
A_EN_ - How about
AMEND?
____D (I, N) - This looks like it probably has a second vowel, either it's two I's or an I and a U... does anything work as _UNID or NU_ID? Not really... UNDID?

Oh, well done, Choxorn! I've managed that, but I'm struggling to maintain a streak anywhere near high enough to hit the 50 markers.

Got the Eagle achievement for finishing in 6 turns in Quordle :woohoo:

(Specifically it was a 4/6/3/5)
Well done!

It took me 8 guesses to get all of yesterday's: my near-standard starters (CLOUD, MIGHT, SNARE) gave me most of the letters I needed, but for "_ _ _ _ D (plus M, N, A, E)", I went for "NAMED" first :cringe:
And "UNDID" and "ARTSY" both had me stumped for some minutes...

Got Framed in 3 and Wordle in 4, though.

Another Quordle with two fails for me. :(

"Dizzy" is just a gross word for this kind of game

I got that on my last try, if only because I had very few letters left to choose from!

Top Bottom