Wordle

Attempted yesterday's Wordle for the first time in a couple of weeks, and failed (Hard mode, down to 2 possibilities on the last guess, and I chose wrong) :(
Spoiler Monday July 4th :
SLIME
STEAK
SOBER
S
UPER
SHEER
SE
WER
SEVER
...but then got today's in 3 (Hard mode again), which made me feel a little better :bounce:
Spoiler Tuesday July 5th :
STEAM
Spoiler 4 greens on Guess 2... :
FIEND
FIELD
Got Framed in 3 as well
Spoiler :
Checks laid out on a motel(?) floor ≠ The Laundromat
Jumbo-jet models piled in a bathtub ≠ Fight Club ("Sully" did not seem to be an option, didn't think about "Flight" until afterwards)
Spoiler :
Payslip(?) payee's name being replaced with glued on-strip held in tweezers = Catch Me If You Can
Finally, Quordle also went off smoothly, with each correct guess quickly leading me to the next (6/5/4/7)
Spoiler :
CLOUD
MIGHT
SPARE
Spoiler :
_ _ A R D + H, E = HEARD
T, E, A, R, P = TAPER
_ A _ _ R + L, O, ? = LABOR
_ A _ E _ + L, ?, ? = NAVEL
And now, back to our regular programming...

EDITED to fix cerebral flatulence in the Spoiler-titles... :blush:

Last edited:
Wordle in 5

Spoiler :
Really? Three F's?

I actually considered "Fluff" as a possibility when my first three guesses left me with _LU__ and eliminated a lot of common letters, including any vowels aside from U, but decided to guess "Bluff" instead and well... sure made it clear what the actual word was!

Apparently not today's but some oldie.

One green after 3 tries but got it in 4th which seems a bit odd but it could've been worse. Interesting words. It got me interested in some letter combos, again.

----
Due to personal failure in refreshing the page this doesn't need spoilers. What a fluffy world we live in.

Last edited:
Your description does not seem to fit today's wordle :hmm:...?

Spoiler :
Not sure what e.g. @Samson thinks, but after today's Wordle I first wanted to complain, but then I saw the solutions for Quordle and hey, I guess it's all about your background.

Spoiler :
Not sure what e.g. @Samson thinks, but after today's Wordle I first wanted to complain, but then I saw the solutions for Quordle and hey, I guess it's all about your background.
I am not sure what I am thinking on, I cannot play wordle. What I am into is tradle.

Oops, you're right. Apparently I didn't refresh the frame & played who knows what day's Wordle.
Now I have case for a rave though as I can play it twice today, hurraah.

Well, I learned a new word in 4 tries so not a bad experience after all ;)

This is what happens with peeps who do not usually shut down (all) their comps.

Yesterday's "Fluff" was probably my best chance at ever getting it on my first try. I think I got it in 6?

I have done today's word so many times that I have been telling myself to try other words when it pops into my head. Today, when it was the remaining option I was like ....

Today's Quordle was hard. I got 1 of the 2 complicated words, but no way I could have gotten both.
Yeah, there were a couple of nasties in there: my 3 nearly-standard starters were only useful in that they eliminated a lot of the common letters, so didn't leave many options for the solutions! I managed the first three in 1 guess each, but the third (2 greens, 1 yellow) needed some thought, and the fourth (still only 1 green, 3 yellows) needed 2 guesses (4/5/8/6)
Spoiler Wednesday, July 13th :
CLOUD
MIGHT
PEARS
Spoiler :
M, H, P, ?, ? (Really, no vowels? Then it must be...) = NYMPH
C, P, E, S, ? = SPECK
_ _ O _ D + I, ?, ? = OVOID
_ E _ _ _ + R, L, A, ? ≠ RELAX (drat)
_ E _ A _ + R, L, ? = FERAL
Wordle's solution was "easier" in that letter-elimination collapsed the possibility-space quickly on Hard mode: I got it in 3 guesses including my starter, but it took me a while to come up with a legal word for both the second and third guesses
Spoiler :
IDEAS
Spoiler :
DRAFT
BLAND
Failed Framed, through. Even from the first shot, I had a sneaking suspicion that the solution was going to turn out to be
Spoiler :
a horror movie, and/or based on a book by Stephen King
— and I was right on both counts. Unfortunately that's a genre I've never much enjoyed, so I didn't recognise any of the shots, and my guesses were fairly random...
Spoiler :
(1) High-angle view of a US small-town's main street ≠ Pleasantville
(2) 1980s cop-car turning a corner past a synagogue ≠ Pet Sematary
(3) Interior, kitchen(?), egg(?) standing on a table, kid in background ≠ Poltergeist
(4) Ground-level view of same street as in shot 1, kids on BMX-bikes ≠ Stand By Me
(5) Group of about a half-dozen kids standing in a circle ≠ Moonrise Kingdom
(6) Looking over one kid's shoulder at a shed, weird "snooker-triangle" graphic (looks like a glitch) hanging above it ≠ Super 8
Spoiler But the winner was... :
It (2017)

Quordle was not easy today, I totally agree!

Quordle and Octordle
Spoiler :
shared a word today
and this did not make me happy, though I got them both eventually.

They did! That's happened before, too.

Today's Quordle was hard. I got 1 of the 2 complicated words, but no way I could have gotten both.

My starting three guesses included all of the letters in one of the hard ones which made it easier, but the other one I only came up with at the very end after scratching my head at what it could possibly be for a while.

I got yesterday's in 6/7/8/9, fell behind a bit from dumb guessing and ended up having to make a 50/50 guess on one of them (I think it was either Budge or Judge and I went with the right one?)

Top Bottom