Work in Progress - Super Civ Scenario

KingArthur

Searching for the Holy Grail
Welcome to the Super Civ Work in Progress Thread.

I've decided to proceed with my old "super" scenario idea. It's gone through a bit of a redesign so here's the lowdown.

F A C T I O N S

League of Heroes - the City's only active super hero team. Led by Techno Angel.

United Underworld - led by Nemesis your stereotypical uber bad guy with a grudge against the League of Heroes. Attempting once again to take over the world.

C.H.A.O.S - International crime and terrorism organization dedicated to undermining and overthrowing world governments.

Celestial Order Of Evil - A secret order originating in Asia. The Celestial Order Of Evil is dedicated to recovering ancient artifacts and treasures of Lost Civilizations.

E.G.O - the Evil Government Organization formed to locate, catalog and monitor members of the super hero community.

City Authorities - the municipal government for the City. Unfortunately, the voters do not realize that the Mayor is a member of a carnivorous alien species preparing the way for an invasion of the city.

T E C H S

Infrastructure - base building techs available to all factions

Spoiler :

Powers - super power techs for the League of Heroes

Spoiler :

Crimes - techs available to CHAOS, EGO, City Authorities, Underworld and Celestial Order of Evil

Spoiler :

Master Plan - "Space Race Victory" techs available to CHAOS, Celestial Order of Evil and the United Underworld.
Spoiler :

U N I T S

Buildable Units (from the Crime Tech Tree)
Spoiler :

M A P
Balthasar made a fantastic new map based on Gotham city

Spoiler :

and in more detail

Spoiler :

BETA RELEASE
http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=87643

Attachments

• sc_tech_crime.jpg
    sc_tech_crime.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 789
  • sc_techs_power.jpg
    sc_techs_power.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 820
  • sc_techs_infrastructure.jpg
    sc_techs_infrastructure.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 818
  • sc_techs_space_race.jpg
    sc_techs_space_race.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 723
  • sc_build_units.jpg
    sc_build_units.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 345
FIRST POAST!!
Interesting. Can't find the original thread though.
The city pic looks a bit like TTD.

That's better... now, um... there's absolutely no similarities between these characters you're making up (i.e. Fu Manzhu and C.H.A.O.S) and ones that have already been invented, amirite?
I'm with Nemesis all the way.

That's better... now, um... there's absolutely no similarities between these characters you're making up (i.e. Fu Manzhu and C.H.A.O.S) and ones that have already been invented, amirite?
I'm with Nemesis all the way.

amirite? - I had to google that. I am thinking of turning Amirite along with Originalium into resources.

Here's a quote from one of my fave sites: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

There is nothing new under the sun. Including that very statement. And the book from which it comes. Completely ignoring the possibility that one's favorite show just might not be hewn from the very essence of the universe by Thor himself and placed in the periodic table under Or for "Originalium" doesn't change the fact that it wasn't. And acknowledging that it isn't should not lessen its appeal, either.
;)

amirite? - I had to google that.

That's because you're over the age of 17.

I am thinking of turning Amirite along with Originalium into resources.

But that's quite fun. Reminds me of Mega-lo-Mania, which had lots of minerals with silly names - Palladium is the first one to come to mind.

amirite? - I had to google that.
That's because you're over the age of 17.
I'm over 17 too, I found out what it meant onf forumwarz :D
I am thinking of turning Amirite along with Originalium into resources.
But that's quite fun. Reminds me of Mega-lo-Mania, which had lots of minerals with silly names - Palladium is the first one to come to mind.
Palladium? But it does actually exist. Was this something related to paladins?

Yes I'm quite a bit past 17 now. Megalomania on the other hand is a pop-reference that I do get because I played it on my old Amiga computer :)

Here's the pedia reference for Originalium

Chemical Symbol "Or"

Originalium is an extremely rare element. So rare in fact that you will not find any trace of Originalium in this scenario.

The rarity of Originalium is what makes it useful to this scenario. It enables us to switch off parts of Civ that we don't want e.g Railroads. Originalium also allows us to have units that cannot be built but can be upgraded! Both of these feats are achieved by using Originalium as a prerequisite resource.

LMR - The ninja is by Utahjazz. I'm pretty certain it's a sword rather than a gun.

Palladium? But it does actually exist. Was this something related to paladins?

True, it does exist, but the Mega-lo-Mania icon for it was a top hat and white gloves, if memory serves. There was another one called Parasite that had an unpleasant-looking creature for its icon. You get the general idea.

LMR - I'm definitely using the tech icons and the building graphics you made.

Spoiler :

Started editing the biq last night and completed the main parts of the Civilizations tab: leader names, military leaders, traits, aggression levels etc. Next step is to link in the leaderhead graphics and flcs and complete the Race sections of the Civilopedia. I'll post some screenies over the weekend.

Attachments

• Power_Tech_Icons_ by_LMR.jpg
    Power_Tech_Icons_ by_LMR.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 637
He-Yak, The Jester, The Whatsit, Duke America... Gee, I wonder if any of these are references to anything else. :lol:

Looks interesting so far. :D

ALso, as for exotic resources, if you're going to have Amarite and Originallium, you might as well also include Unobtainium (which, of course will be rare and a pre-req for the Doomsday Device "spaceship" part and certain other high-end units)

LMR - I'm definitely using the tech icons and the building graphics you made.

Spoiler :

Started editing the biq last night and completed the main parts of the Civilizations tab: leader names, military leaders, traits, aggression levels etc. Next step is to link in the leaderhead graphics and flcs and complete the Race sections of the Civilopedia. I'll post some screenies over the weekend.

Batmaaaaaannnnn!!! Batmaaaannnnn!!!!
Nananananana Batmaaaaaaannnn!!!! Batmaaaaaannnnn!!! Batmaaaannnnn!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOUPjEHYFew
It should definitely be an in-game theme.
Maybe this one's better, actually:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qP-NglUeZU

ok. Never got round to doing the leaderheads because I got stuck repairing a computer for a friend. Still I managed to get the buildings nailed down so here are some pics (graphics are courtesy of our friendly, neighbourhood LMR).

Buildings
Spoiler :

some Graphics by LMR
Spoiler :

@HT - I don't know what you are talking about ;)
you might have spotted some of your own units in the lineups too. I'm very grateful to have Altima especially

@Takhisis - I have some royalty free music already picked out - I'll post a few links later.

Attachments

• sc_buildings.jpg
    sc_buildings.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 611
  • sc_bldg_graphics.jpg
    sc_bldg_graphics.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 611
Top Bottom