Workers continuing to work despite danger?

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or whether I have a problem in my settings, but I've noticed that often, my workers will continue to do their automated work (e.g. building a cottage) even if a barbarian threat enters an adjacent tile (and whilst most of the time, for reasons I can't understand, the barb ignores them, now and again they do pick off the helpless worker). I've just noticed this becoming a bit of a problem because the worker uses up "their turn" before I can order them to cancel what they're doing and get out of dodge.

Anyone else have this problem? I haven't altered the ALT+CTRL+O thing from it's default setting (I don't think) but I wondered if maybe it was tied into that thing, since I'm not quite sure how it works (I didn't want to tamper with it after seeing all the 'options')

Hrm, I'm not too sure whether this one is working as intended or not. Most of the time my automated workers seem psychic as to whether or not they're going to be attacked.

They'll stand there and watch goblins and such walk on by, but when units that are programmed to attack them (wolf riders, skeletons?, and general barbarian attack units) get close they activate so I can get em clear.

Please note that I said "most of the time" though. A few of mine have gotten themselves killed.

Hrm, I'm not too sure whether this one is working as intended or not. Most of the time my automated workers seem psychic as to whether or not they're going to be attacked.

They'll stand there and watch goblins and such walk on by, but when units that are programmed to attack them (wolf riders, skeletons?, and general barbarian attack units) get close they activate so I can get em clear.

Please note that I said "most of the time" though. A few of mine have gotten themselves killed.
Aye, that's the same thing I've found, but as you said "most of the time". Maybe it has something to do with what Valkrionn mentioned, although it often happens when the Skeleton/Goblin/etc walks within attacking range without attacking on that turn :confused:

Aye, that's the same thing I've found, but as you said "most of the time". Maybe it has something to do with what Valkrionn mentioned, although it often happens when the Skeleton/Goblin/etc walks within attacking range without attacking on that turn :confused:

I believe this is a Wild Mana issue for the most part. I had never experienced it before WM, and sure it is coming from the AI command structures. It also seems to vary from time to time as noted. Im not sure if its been addressed yet or not.

I believe this is a Wild Mana issue for the most part. I had never experienced it before WM, and sure it is coming from the AI command structures. It also seems to vary from time to time as noted. Im not sure if its been addressed yet or not.

yes, WM specific bug in the barbarian AI code. It's not fixed in the latest patch but it should be fixed in 9.0

Top Bottom