Working on a simple mod, have a question or do. (No research for religions)

sela1s1son

King
Alright, I'm making a simple mod that would essentially take all the religions and set them so they don't need to be researched.

Why? I like it being more random, not knowing what faith(s) will pop up in my time of the game. It also should lead to more interesting spreads. So no more Isabella constantly being either Hindu or Buddhist for example.

The question?

how do I make this: <TechPrereq>TECH_MONOTHEISM</TechPrereq> so it requires no tech?

Also what else might I watch for when making this mod to keep it balanced? I figure either every religion gets a missionary or none, is one thing.

Alright I changed the above prereq tech to none, but it stills founds the religions with their 'required tech' from the default rules ignoring my "none" edit.

What else do I need to do?

You could have every religion start with the same tech and give every civ that tech as a starter tech. The game will then randomize who gets what, but the player will normally get one.

Alright I have the religions to found at Mysticism AND I gave all civs mysticism.

I loaded it up (via Warlords) and it's like I'm playing Vanilla Warlords.

What ELSE must I do?! *headache* Vista is so stupid.

Top Bottom