World 2000BC

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!!!!

It is impossible to start with Egypt in this scen, get rid of those barbs roaming there or atleast make them warriors not jaguars. Same goes with china with all those horse archers.
Anyway, great idea and thumbs up.

Aku Armoton said:
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!!!!

It is impossible to start with Egypt in this scen, get rid of those barbs roaming there or atleast make them warriors not jaguars. Same goes with china with all those horse archers.
Anyway, great idea and thumbs up.

Please refer to earlier discussion i had with iamSid.

Just in case anyone is wondering whats happening with the 1000BC scenario, I have been very busy lately so the release date of it would has to be delayed.

Ok total noob question here: Where do I put this? Are scenarios and mods treated differently in Civ 4?

alluraprime said:
Ok total noob question here: Where do I put this? Are scenarios and mods treated differently in Civ 4?

Download the WBS file and place it in your custom games directory. For me, this is: My documents\My Games\Civ 4\Saves\World Builder.

There is no mod used for this scenario, so it should not be too hard. Just try placing it to a different few different folders if your folder structure somehow named differently.

Actually, when I played this scenario a few days ago as Egypt, all those skirmishers just ignored me! Wandered off to the northeast; I think they walked past Sargon and headed further inland. There's some evidence that the barbarian AI was trying to spread the skirmishers around so that all his cities had good garrisons?

So it just turned into a painfully slow game of waiting for barbarian cities on my borders to flip and then deciding whether to accept them or raze them, while sending my chariots out into the desert to gain XP off of wandering animals. Not worth finishing.

Rather than use a huge earth map for this and 1000 BC scenario, wouldn't it be better just to enlarge Mesopotamia so you can actually fit the relevant cities?

suspendinlight said:
Rather than use a huge earth map for this and 1000 BC scenario, wouldn't it be better just to enlarge Mesopotamia so you can actually fit the relevant cities?

I wanted to use the entire world map for visualising the entire world history.

I am sure there are plenty of good regional scenarios out there already. So it is just a personal choice.

Oh my goodness I enjoy this scenario, so simple but so good, I started my first game as China, after 7 or 8 turns the barbarians took over my first city with their horsemen and a couple of turns later the took my last city!
Well I learned my lesson and made a new strategy for the next game and now its going pretty well. I was surprised how good this scenario was.:)

Genghis_Kai said:
Hi, thanks for your comment.

My original idea was to build a series of scenerio using the same world map. So next are 1000BC, 500BC, 1AD etc ... That was the reason for using such a large map for a 2000BC scenerio.

On the hand, I am more interested in making historically correct scenerio, so I don't want to have my Egyptian kingdom fighting with Spanish or Arabian :lol:

You mean the Persians weren't founded in Texas and the Romans weren't in Saskatchewan, as per the North America scenario some gimp loaded up?

I just gotta add, too, that I downloaded and played this map, and it's THE best map ever besides those without a mod. And even for the modded ones, it's a close second to the American Revolution.

Many thanks for your efforts!

shakadamonkey said:
I just gotta add, too, that I downloaded and played this map, and it's THE best map ever besides those without a mod. And even for the modded ones, it's a close second to the American Revolution.

Many thanks for your efforts!

Thanks! Good that you like it.

I just gotta ask, though, is there any possible way to win as the Chinese? It's cities are all only 2 squares away from each other, no hope in hell of building them up to productive or prosperous. It's a coin toss whether they survive the barb horse archer assaults, but when they do they're choked off, too tight together to get anything going. And by the time any good expansion is possible, Harapa's already got Thailand, Mongolia is too infertile to grow, which just leaves a few good city locations in Kamchatka, but not enough to really support conquest.

Any hints?

Top Bottom