1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World 2000BC

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by Genghis_Kai, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Aku Armoton

Aku Armoton Chieftain

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!!!!

It is impossible to start with Egypt in this scen, get rid of those barbs roaming there or atleast make them warriors not jaguars. Same goes with china with all those horse archers.
    Anyway, great idea and thumbs up.

2. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Please refer to earlier discussion i had with iamSid.

3. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Just in case anyone is wondering whats happening with the 1000BC scenario, I have been very busy lately so the release date of it would has to be delayed.

4. CivDav

CivDav Warlord

This is a good work, just toomany barbarians. But it's not a problem cause it's realistic

5. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

Wow! This looks great! Good work, I hope I can get around to playing this...

6. alluraprime

alluraprime Chieftain

Ok total noob question here: Where do I put this? Are scenarios and mods treated differently in Civ 4?

7. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Download the WBS file and place it in your custom games directory. For me, this is: My documents\My Games\Civ 4\Saves\World Builder.

There is no mod used for this scenario, so it should not be too hard. Just try placing it to a different few different folders if your folder structure somehow named differently.

8. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Hi all,

The World 1000BC scenario is out. Please try it if you have enjoyed this scenario!

9. Kidinnu

Kidinnu Chieftain

Actually, when I played this scenario a few days ago as Egypt, all those skirmishers just ignored me! Wandered off to the northeast; I think they walked past Sargon and headed further inland. There's some evidence that the barbarian AI was trying to spread the skirmishers around so that all his cities had good garrisons?

So it just turned into a painfully slow game of waiting for barbarian cities on my borders to flip and then deciding whether to accept them or raze them, while sending my chariots out into the desert to gain XP off of wandering animals. Not worth finishing.

10. mreineck

mreineck Chieftain

This may sound like s tupid question but how do I load the scenario into Civ4

11. suspendinlight

suspendinlight Prince

Rather than use a huge earth map for this and 1000 BC scenario, wouldn't it be better just to enlarge Mesopotamia so you can actually fit the relevant cities?

12. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

How would he fit in China and India?

13. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

I wanted to use the entire world map for visualising the entire world history.

I am sure there are plenty of good regional scenarios out there already. So it is just a personal choice.

14. Jeckel

Jeckel Great Reverend

Wonderfull. Simply wonderful. :D

15. Bosh

Bosh Chieftain

Oh my goodness I enjoy this scenario, so simple but so good, I started my first game as China, after 7 or 8 turns the barbarians took over my first city with their horsemen and a couple of turns later the took my last city!
    Well I learned my lesson and made a new strategy for the next game and now its going pretty well. I was surprised how good this scenario was.:)

16. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

Bosh, I did the exact same thing but on my emporer difficulty it was almost impossible to get anywhere. India also died very early on from barbarians.

17. shakadamonkey

shakadamonkey Chieftain

You mean the Persians weren't founded in Texas and the Romans weren't in Saskatchewan, as per the North America scenario some gimp loaded up?

18. shakadamonkey

shakadamonkey Chieftain

I just gotta add, too, that I downloaded and played this map, and it's THE best map ever besides those without a mod. And even for the modded ones, it's a close second to the American Revolution.

Many thanks for your efforts!

19. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Thanks! Good that you like it.

20. shakadamonkey

shakadamonkey Chieftain

I just gotta ask, though, is there any possible way to win as the Chinese? It's cities are all only 2 squares away from each other, no hope in hell of building them up to productive or prosperous. It's a coin toss whether they survive the barb horse archer assaults, but when they do they're choked off, too tight together to get anything going. And by the time any good expansion is possible, Harapa's already got Thailand, Mongolia is too infertile to grow, which just leaves a few good city locations in Kamchatka, but not enough to really support conquest.

Any hints?