1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World 2000BC

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by Genghis_Kai, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Jeckel

Jeckel Great Reverend

Don't expect to have huge super cities, the point, imo, is to survive, not to dominate.

2. shakadamonkey

shakadamonkey Chieftain

One thing I tried with the Akkadians that worked well was to let the barbs take some of the cities that were too close and not needed, and then when culture took 'em back, choose to disband the cities. As the Egyptians that worked too except for Memphis (not wanting to lose the capital and the northern Delta region) and Thebes (give up the Pyramids and the Engineer-creation? No way!!!) but the rest, if they were too close, AND not a holy city, buh-bye.

China's different because while at the beginning you have a tidal wave of horse archers that could very well kill off your entire civ, once you culture-conquer the neighboring barb cities, you NEVER SEE another barb unit ever again anywhere near the close-by cities. So even if I empty out all defenders from the too-close cities, they still stay there forever. I even tried building all-settlers and workers to keep their population low, didn't matter, still ate up squares that the "real" cities couldn't work. The alternative, to disband the cities as you culture-conquer them (back), I suppose can be done but it then takes about forever to culture-conquer the other nearby barb cities.

Playing as the Akkadians is BIG fun, as the Egyptians, almost as fun, haven't tried as Harapa yet, but as the Chinese, it's maddening and frustrating because I know the "real China" had everything going for it and could easily have taken over the world had it been more aggressive at a certain point.

3. mikemike

mikemike Chieftain

4. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

Hi thanks Mike :D

Where is lake bakal? Is that somewhere in Africa? Not sure what you are referring to as to starting around the same region.

Btw, I am still building my new giant map (refer to 500BC scenario) and waiting for the expansion. In the mean time, I could possibly finish off the 200BC scenario I was building use the existing map.

5. Ultraworld

Ultraworld Emperor

seems like a great scenario, should definately check it out.

I really love every part of history till 1492. Thanks to Civ IV i can almost be part of it myself :)

[found this thread by searching on "harappa"]