• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

World Cup 2006 Predictions Contest !

I prefer it how it was before ;)

Congratulations MCdread! :D

And thankyou Marla for organizing!

Congratulations Marla. :)

And congratulations to me too. :D
I thought I had lost it with a couple of "go by heart" predictions in favour of Portuhgal in this past few days, but turned out my pre-WC pick of Italy paied off. :)

So, my CFC palmarés now increases to: 2 Champions Leagues and a World Cup! :yeah:

Well, bronze for me.. I would've prefered the gold but I can certainly live with the fact that MCdread is in front of me. Of course Andrea just put Italy as the winner because he's Italian, so actually I should be above him :p. Just kidding!

I think it's obvious which members know the most about football :p Kidding again hehe. Thanks Marla for the competition!

I have no idea what my palmares is. I think I always come in second or third or even much lower in all competitions I've participated in. :p Maybe I won the Vuelta once.

Nah you probably just had bad luck ;)

And I just remember I lost 5 points for the Germany - Sweden game because I was too late with my entry haha.

Indeed it comes down to lucky guesses more than anything in the end. (<-is only saying that becuase he didn't win;))

MCdread :goodjob:
you not only write beautiful stories about football, but you also have the edge for predictions. What can I say.

2ndd???? chissenfregaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw ho careesssssssssssssssssssssss

siamo i campioni del mondooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

woot, I finished fifth. not badfor my first time out in any sort of predictions contest. Just wait till the gold cup comes around next summer, or for Euro 2008, or for the 2009 confederations cup. maybe champions leauge next year. hey this type of thing is fun, we should do it more often.

anywho, thanks to marla for organizing.

:lol: after the qualifiers I shared the first place with MCdread, now I'm 24th :sad:

oh well, congrats to MCdread :goodjob:

Place 22 for me :sad:

I'm fairly new to the sports talk forum and I might stick around after this. Great fun! Thanks for that Marla. :thumbsup:

And of course congratulations on the win, MCDread!

willemvanoranje said:
Well, bronze for me.. I would've prefered the gold but I can certainly live with the fact that MCdread is in front of me. Of course Andrea just put Italy as the winner because he's Italian, so actually I should be above him :p. Just kidding!

It's true, it's all true Kev.. I never expected Italy to win it :p

If this is a dream.. nobody wake me up, I still can't believe it.

Congrats to MCdread. It was a shame that Brazil did not do as well as I thought they would have. In hindsight it was a really stupid thing to predict that Italy would go out at the knock out stages. Things just did not go my way. I eventually finished 26th after starting so well, being near the top up until the knock out stages.

Congrats everyone, especially Mcdread and Marla. I guess I shouldn't of gone with my heart and france:(. Maybe next time ;).

Top Bottom