World of Tanks Beta

There was a bonus for "Tanks Day", and a couple of free items.

I haven't seen any of the new maps yet. I kind of just play my Churchill, T110E5, and T30.

@Cardgame,
You'll want a Wet Ammo Rack for your T59. It is not absolutely bouncy and has quite a few ammo rack spots that many people know.

It is hilariously bouncy and they fixed the ammo rack with 7.4 or 7.5 in a stealth buff, at least according to the forums.

Just started playing this game, and it's so awesome. Beat the tutorial in a night, and now I'm working on specializing in American SPG's, and possibly French SPG's on the side.

I'm great at being arty, but suck at dogfighting with actual tanks.

Everyone sucks a lot when they first start playing.

Everyone sucks a lot when they first start playing.

I don't suck at being arty :p

I'm either the first to die (I hate Stuart rushers) or end up with the most kills on my team.

While when I play in a dogfighting role I just end up dying a lot :lol:

French SPGs are pretty boss.

They do look really cool, I love the mobility. I'm going to level up my American and French SPG's so I can get the best of both worlds.

The 105AM goes like 50 kmh tops, the next tank goes 60 and has a better cruising speed. Mobility is mad.

Arty is great with the reticle mods. I think DAR (?) was terrific for playing arty.

Correction: PlaySpan has been compromised. Anyone who bought gold and didn't sign up for a layspan account is okay.

Yep. Playspan handles nearly 30 some MMO games that aren't related to World of Tanks.
I think Playspan is doing the right thing to shut down too. Hopefully they'll do a complete investigation and maybe even figure out who did it.

This actually doesn't affect World of Tanks directly, since the company wargaming.net is too awesome for that.

Version 8.0 is really worth coming back to World of Tanks, since the added physics and graphics engine patches makes the game, and re-worked maps, a lot better. They've also added about 3 more new maps over the last two patches.

That makes it more serious.

Hmmmm, not really if you didn't use your personal credit card with it, and most games take more than one form of payment. Like most of the Playspan games work through Steam, their direct website, and at least one other game credit provider like Rixty, Playpal, etc... so it doesn't affect the online gaming.

[rant]
I've been playing WoT since Closed Beta and still haven't got bored with it. I've actually grown quite annoyed at the teams in random matches as I usually end up with a bad one. Although it looks good when I'm at the top of the list when sorted with xp earned, the constant battles for my survival as the last tank alive are beginning to get ridiculous. It's usually me against at least 4 enemies.

I actually once got the top xp earned with KV-1 while being the last one on the list. I held our base after returning there from an underpopulated flank against five Tier VI or VII tanks plus two Tier IV scouts, effectively destroying a VK3601H, an M18 Hellcat and an M6 Heavy Tank before a Tiger got me just before I could waste him too. It was quite annoying as all the enemies came from the flank most of my lemming team had gone to. They couldn't kill but 2 enemies plus the 2 I killed in my flank before the whole of my team except for me was dead. Not fun, even though I was again the best of the match.

And I'm not kidding about being the best of some matches. It feels like some people don't use their heads when playing. I do, and it often leads into great feats but I usually end up losing when the rest of my team doesn't.
[/rant]

I'll admit I got really bored of World of Tanks for the usual formulaic bringing out of new tanks to upset Clan Wars, and how Clan Wars is pretty much a waste of time and money. Ignore the clan wars, they finally got around to the physics patching, re-do the maps for the engine changes, and stirred the pot with new premium tanks and tier 10 tanks and it's actually fun again like it was when it went gold over a year ago. My only disappointment is having to wait extra long for the British tanks now.

There's a large bonus coming this weekend because World of Tanks won a MMO award.

s we have promised starting from November 2 6.00 UTC till November 5 5.30 UTC the following awaits you:

Bonus code, which will give you 3 days of Premium Account and additional premium consumables! (will be provided on November 2)
High Tier vehicles discount (they will cost the same credits as their 'predecessors' in the Tech Tree). This will include:
Tier IX Medium Tanks
Tier IX Tank Destroyers
Tier IX Heavy Tanks
Tier VII Self-Propelled Gun Artillery
The following tier VIII Premium Vehicles will receive a 15% discount:
T34
Lowe
IS-6
T26E4 Super Pershing
8.8 cm Pak 43 JagdTiger

x5 XP for 1st victory
50% Discounts on equipment
50% Discounts on garage slots
50% Discounts on crew (re)training

Also: 8.1 patch with the British tanks are coming! Isn't this exciting? Are you excited cause I'm excited I've never been so excited, well, except for the time that I went *gasp* but I mean really...

:mischief:

Top Bottom