World War 2 Modification

Hello forum,

I'm actually looking for WW2 mods for Civ4 (vanilla, warlords or BTS), and this one seems a good candidate, but... no text display when I try to play it. Neither on the main menu, nor in game when I'm lucky enough to launch a game by clicking ramdomly on the menu screens...

I haven't been able to find what's wrong - I even tried to replace the fonts of the mod by the default Civ4 fonts, but it didn't solve anything.

Does someone have an idea ?

There are a number of WWII mods and scenarios currently supported. This one is no longer.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=58

AsioAsio's is a good one if you like a variety of units - latest scenario has over 1200 downloads so far.
Dale's RtW is good if you like building up. I like RtW, because I have been able to modify it to how I like to play and incorporate my flavour of using units that represent divisions, corps, armies and even mighty army groups and fronts. I am currently working on adding more ships and aircraft types, but still keeping the flavour.

Thanks for your answer ! It's too bad that this one is no longer running. Anyway.

AsioAsio's mod and scenario are quite good and very professionally done - only downside: I miss my scripted events! I don't want a "domination" or "conquest" victory in a WW2 setting: I think that you should have a "congratulation, well done" happy end after you defeat the Axies as the Allies. Well, maybe that's just me.

I tried "Road to war" and your historical add-on, which are quite well done too on many aspects, but the map is too much off for me, ruining the immersion...

Oh well, I know what you think: "stop bothering us and go back play Hearts of Iron" ;)

Anyway, thanks for the answers and advices.

I tried "Road to war" and your historical add-on, which are quite well done too on many aspects, but the map is too much off for me, ruining the immersion...

Oh well, I know what you think: "stop bothering us and go back play Hearts of Iron" ;)

Anyway, thanks for the answers and advices.
No worries.

As for HoI, I had considered even purchasing the latest HoI3, if only to see how I could imporve my scenario. However, after reading some reviews, and the effort involved in even playing it in comparison to Civ4 engine , I decided against it. RtW was in part based on HoI2 data (according to some of the orginial threads).

As to map errors in RtW Europe can you post some screenshots in here of the errors you would like corrected.

o.4 is currently in development and I would like to fix it as much as I can.

Top Bottom