World War 2 Modification

I want some help. I need a map to create the north african campaign.

When i extracted the rar file into MODs, nothing shows up. I created a folder called WW2MOD and then dumped the rar file in there. I was able to load "WW2MOD, but I never saw the scenario. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Dale

macd1995 said:
When i extracted the rar file into MODs, nothing shows up. I created a folder called WW2MOD and then dumped the rar file in there. I was able to load "WW2MOD, but I never saw the scenario. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Dale
id just extract it and not create anything

macd1995 said:
So, when will the other scenarios be ready and how do we get them?

Thanks
Dale
well probarly just upload them in the scenarios forum;)
also welcome to cfc:king: :D :king:

The AXIS CAMPAIGN will be ready soon.I'll place it in the DOWNLOADS and in the 1'st page of the thread.

Hi s.c.dude. I can't find a nice north-african map. Help?

jimkatalanos said:
Hi s.c.dude. I can't find a nice north-african map. Help?

What about the map from the "Dessert War" mod in vanilla civ? I enjoyed to play this mod and I think the map was very nice.;)

Well, I don't know if I am allowed to use it.

jimkatalanos said:
I would like some ideas about the infantry.I want to find names about infantry for these countries: Italy,Great Britain,France,USA,Finland and
Poland.Anyone with ideas speak:D
Hi,
here are some ideas for infantry names for you.
Italian-Bersaglieri , San Marco Marine, Blackshirt Militia
USA- USMC, Rangers, Armored Infantry
Great Britain-Highlanders, Commando, SAS
France-Foreign Legionaire, Spahis (Saharan Cavalry), division Legere mechaniques (armored infantry)
Hope this helps. Gonna try your mod out.

jimkatalanos said:
Well, I don't know if I am allowed to use it.
you are you bought the game so you can use the map

I published the north-african campaign.

Hey, im a new member here but ive been using the content for a while and bacause i love all things WW2 i decided to get an account and help you guys out. I love what youre doing here and everthing looks good, and all the unique units are fantastic and flavorful.

Some thoughts on what youve done so far:
-North African campaign looks good, but British are too powerful when the scenario starts. Either beef up the italians or shift more of their troops to Tobruk to start. Also give the germans a bigger vested intrest in the begining of the scenario as theyve got too little to do.
-Also theres a glitch if you just play the mod with a regular civ map: after about 10 turns you automatically win the game in a space race victory. I dont know if you guys have designed the mod to be used that way yet but its there. I havent yet tried to play it with Space race victory disabled but ill be sure to give it a try and let you know. EDIT: Ive started playing with Space race disabled and havent found another glitch so far but if i do ill let you know.

Some suggestions for units (i love naval battles so these suggestions are limited to the naval units):
-As for the unique battleships their 'unique-ness' is kind of off. The Yamato and King George V classes should be more powerful than the Bismarck and Iowa ones (they had heavier armaments), but the Iowa and Bismarck should have a greater range (for example the Yamato and Musashi had ranges of 13'000 kms at 15 knots while the Iowa could manage 27'000 kms at the same speed).
-While the number of unique units is fantastic already if there ever is a more general map (like a Pacific Theater of Operations type map) there is going to have to be a differentiation in the aircraft carriers, considering their influence in the war. Japanese would have the Junyō, Americans the Essex, Germans the Graf Zeppelin and French the Bearn. The Essex class would have to be the most powerful though, if only because I visited the USS Intrepid in New York over the summer and that thing is an absolute MONSTER. :p

I second the idea that a Global 18 Civs type map would be impractical given the amount of useless space there would be, but I do hope there will eventually be a map for each of the two major theatres of operation (to use the American term), which would be nearly as good as an 18 Civ ytpe one, but significantly more practical and also easier to design.

Finally I have two scenario ideas that you might want to take a look at:
-Battle of the Bulge: Just a couple of towns in the Belgian Ardennes with LOTS of units to start off with for the American/British/French and the Nazis. The emphasis would not be on building lots of new units, but rather managing the armies you already have, like a true battle and not a campaign. The concept is kind of anti-Civilization but it’s a scenario after all.
-French resistance scenario: The is kind of a wonky idea I had but ill throw it out there. Set in Normandy before D-Day youd have the French resistance and the Nazis. The French would have to place spies (called saboteurs in the game or something) in all of the German cities before the time limit runs out, with time ending on D-Day. The Germans would have to make sure this didn’t happen by like taking out the French resistance bases. I don’t know how practical it is given that the Win Conditions would have to be altered to play as the French, but if its possible it would be a nice change of the regular gameplay id think.

I don’t know if anything ive said is bordering on stuff that you guys already have in the works, but its all constructive.

Okay, this is a big post, but it does it for now. I really admire what you guys are doing and while I’m a n00b and cant program I’d love to help anyway I can (for instance i can always do some research and write some good Civilopedia entries and PM them to you or help with flavor, historical advice or ideas in general) or if you ever need another playtester I’m here to help. I am after all a first-year college student so I have lots of time! So sign me up for the team if i could help in any way.

Keep up the great work and good luck!

Well OK. I could use an advisor.Right now I am working the Axis Campaign, I don't have time to change the mod.About the two scenarios you propose.
Very soon the invasion of Benelux-France scenario will be ready.The one with the French resistance would be too difficult to create.
And last, I created the mod for my ww2 scenarios. I don't believe it will work properly in anything else.

thethinredline said:
Some suggestions for units (i love naval battles so these suggestions are limited to the naval units):
-As for the unique battleships their 'unique-ness' is kind of off. The Yamato and King George V classes should be more powerful than the Bismarck and Iowa ones (they had heavier armaments), but the Iowa and Bismarck should have a greater range (for example the Yamato and Musashi had ranges of 13'000 kms at 15 knots while the Iowa could manage 27'000 kms at the same speed).
10*14" on KGV more powerfull that 8*15" Bismark? :confused: Unrealistic. 14" guns of KGV class have many "bugs" during his career. While fighting with Bismark only 2(!) guns on PoW still can fire.
thethinredline said:
Japanese would have the Junyō, Americans the Essex, Germans the Graf Zeppelin and French the Bearn. The Essex class would have to be the most powerful though, if only because I visited the USS Intrepid in New York over the summer and that thing is an absolute MONSTER. :p
No, Essex is not "an absolute monster". This was a good ship(good underwater protection, many aircrafts, good speed) with open bow and without armor protection. The IJN Taiho have hurricane bow and armored flight deck. British Illustrious class carriers are well-armored but can carry only small amount of aircrafts.

ArdRaeiss said:
10*14" on KGV more powerfull that 8*15" Bismark? :confused: Unrealistic. 14" guns of KGV class have many "bugs" during his career. While fighting with Bismark only 2(!) guns on PoW still can fire.

No, Essex is not "an absolute monster". This was a good ship(good underwater protection, many aircrafts, good speed) with open bow and without armor protection. The IJN Taiho have hurricane bow and armored flight deck. British Illustrious class carriers are well-armored but can carry only small amount of aircrafts.

Well, i'll concede on your first point, about the guns (which i had considered actually), but i did it more to reflect the status of the Bismarck as a so called 'fast battleship' rather like the later U.S. Iowa class was (both could do 30+ knots, which you probably know already so sorry if i sound patronising). But my suggestion of lowering the relative power of the Bismarck was mainly in the interests of both balance but also to reflect that while the Bismarck was a fine ship, some of its technology was dated when compared to that of Britain and America.

And the Essex thing being the best was a joke. Its just that i visited the USS Intrepid recently and was really impressed, and since i've never had the honour of seeing any of the aircraft carriers the Japanese had, i would naturally be kind of biased :blush:. And while the Taihō had some really impressive armament, it was let us not forget, taken down by one torpedo from an American sub.

Either way, we're not talking about differentiating the aircraft carriers yet, so lets just let those sleeping dogs lie, and cross the bridge if it actually happens. I mean its not an exact priority.

The invasion of poland scenario is ready. When the invasion of france-benelux will be ready I'll publish the Axis Campaign.

"Anyone with ideas(like ideologies,civics,units)to be added speak up."

maybe add a unit to THIRD REICH maybe as experimental skoda flying saucers
that was design for a last offensive on New York but the Red army did take Czech Republic before any real plane was made and the Germas did burn there new plane. I saw that on Discovery some days ago.

and how about make a the nuke to an bomber insted of the ICBM to make it feel more realistic

I don't have time to change the mod. I am creating the scenarios now.
All the uu in the mod must have been used in the war.

The invasion of Italy scenario and the Liberation of East Europe scenario are ready.

Top Bottom