1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

World War II European Front

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Nexxo, Nov 5, 2011.

1. vadim4309

vadim4309 Chieftain

2. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

In this scenario many units say they can be upgraded, but cannot. I looked in the pedia, but I do not see where it has an entry to display the note. For say the Polikarpov-15 (sp?), shown in the pedia that it upgrades to the model 16. Which upgrades to Mig-3 iirc.

I want to remove the flags in the pedia that show upgrades, that do not exist. I sent some to a town that I built an airfield to try the upgrade. No go, I tried some land units in a town that had a rax, no go. Mind you that town could build the upgraded unit, so it had the resources and I had the gold. I still need to check the biq to see, if they are flagged for upgrades. Hard to spot a given name as there are so many.

My pedia is date around 6/2012, so there could be a new one, if anyone has one please post it. Thanks

Edit: I checked and the BIQ does not have the flag checked for upgrade.
    Edit2: I suspect that some may be a case of the upgrade is already obsolete at the start.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  3. Glutius Max

Glutius Max Warlord

There are many things incomplete in this scenario. Also, you will find some units will not load on transports. What I did was painstakingly went through with the editor and added the ability to upgrade certain units as well as added the ability to load them on transports.

4. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

Yeah, that is a lot of work. I just wanted to be able to correct the pedia, but that will have to wait. I was hoping someone had a version that was a bit more current than mine. Doing Path of Exile full time for the new league right now. That leads to of games piling up for later.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

What are you doing to my scenario grrrr ;-) hahahah sorry guys that I have not finish it but I'm making even greater scenario and I will updated this one when I get some breathing room. I have plans for several scenarios but some of them are gigantic

6. Tigris of Gaul

Tigris of Gaul Warlord

I love this mod and I think I got most of the sound files to work. One unit I can not get the sound to work on is the fighter bomber I16.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo Prince

Dude you're gonna have jaw dropped when you see mod i'm doing now if you like this one. Its going to be over 5 GB in size and will be in more details than this one.
    I'll finish this one after I make that larger one because they share same files, so i'll just finish bigger one and then update this one and pacific front

vadim4309 likes this.
  8. Tigris of Gaul

Tigris of Gaul Warlord

Awesome, I look forward to it! Thank you.

9. Tigris of Gaul

Tigris of Gaul Warlord

The unit JU-188 bomber doesn't work. In the civ editor, I checked bombing, recon, and re-base. ;)

10. The Mick

The Mick Chieftain

Hi. Would like to play this scenario. I can download it but how do I access the file from Civ3? I'm using a copy I bought off of GOG. Please let me know as it looks pretty interesting. Thanks.

11. JSmitty

JSmitty Chieftain

Hi all for anyone looking to download this awesome looking scenario I found a Youtube video which links the game file and BIQ which I just downloaded and both work. Paying it forward for anyone else whose interested in this

Civilization 3 World War 2 Europe Scenario - YouTube

Moff Jerjerrod, Lionic and Lanzelot like this.
  12. Adam95

Adam95 Chieftain

where can i download the mod? looking forward to updates!

13. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Well, the post just above yours answers your question... ;)

14. Adam95

Adam95 Chieftain