World War II European Front

I found the same problem. We have to keep so many citizens as entertainers that no one is working. Even the largest city takes 10 turns to make 1 worker...

Yes, that is problem with Democracy because high war weariness. US also have Democracy as government but they have wonder Statue of Liberty which make 5 citizen happy in all cities and that put citizen in normal mode. In the new version I will make changes about war weariness in Democracy. I don't know how I forget that because I had plans to change war weariness in Democracy. Soon new version will be uploaded.

Yes, that is problem with Democracy because high war weariness. US also have Democracy as government but they have wonder Statue of Liberty which make 5 citizen happy in all cities and that put citizen in normal mode. In the new version I will make changes about war weariness in Democracy. I don't know how I forget that because I had plans to change war weariness in Democracy. Soon new version will be uploaded.

Thanks. I really want to play with UK (underdog ftw) but right now it's impossible...

I agree with Civinator's reservations re the effect of Railroads on the game. They give the human player far to much Strategic and Tatical mobility.

I have been working on a version of Barbarossa which I call Ostheer. I am using a modified version of the map from French Barbarossa and start with the Barbarossa game system.

To address the problem caused by Railroads - to mucn Strategic and Tatical mobility -
I eliminated Railroads and created Transportation Units. Trains to simulate rail movement and Wheeled Transport to simulate movement by road.

Taking Train designations from TM-E 30-451 I have I-Zuge(s) (Infanteriezuge) to move 4 foot units and S-Zuge(s) (Sonderzuge) to move two armored units. In addition I have special trains to move railroad guns and karl morser both of are designate 'imobile'. Trains are wheeled units.

For wheeled transport there are Transportation Brigades. Troop Trucks (Opel Blitz or Troop Truck) to move foot units, am experimenting with 2 or 4 units and Heavy Transportation Brigades (Protze or a version of SdKfz 6-11) for Heavy Artillery and Enginering Works both of which are imobile.

Road movement can be set as you wish. Given the state of East Front roads I give Trains more movement then Wheeled Transport.

Also - I like to keep my Infantry units together in some sort of formation - so I created Corps HQ. The Kubelwagen Icon, moves 1, transports 4 foot units (three infantry and Corps Artillery). This allows me to move infantry as units and makes it look as if I have Corps.

I also delete railroads and add trains is a same manner as you(Wheeled, Transportation of units)but still didn't try if AI will use them. I'm currently testing the game and soon I will add new files.

The AI doesn´t use them. This setting only works for human players.

The AI doesn´t use them. This setting only works for human players.

Did you try to add transporting units attack ability? I try with British Bren Carrier and they did transport foot units. The only problem is that units that can transport land units can't be loaded in transport ships.As for truck. I've thought to give them either Attack of Explore ability(Because it need have some AI ability in BiQ editor for AI to use it) and test with that.

I have had no problem loading 'foot units' infantry and guns in to transport units both troop trucks and the kubelwagen Corps HQ. As with Civinator my trandport units will not, even when empty, load onto another transport such as a cargo ship.

I have had no problem loading 'foot units' infantry and guns in to transport units both troop trucks and the kubelwagen Corps HQ. As with Civinator my trandport units will not, even when empty, load onto another transport such as a cargo ship.

Yeah, but did the computer player use land transporters such as trucks?
As for transporting unit I gave the Trucks and APC ability to airlift because they can't be boarded in sea transport.
The only problem is that they can Airlift with units that are boarded to transport.
So I probably won't use that.

AI (artificial intelligence) is the computer player.

To repeat it: The computer player doesn´t use this kind of transport.

I also delete railroads and add trains is a same manner as you(Wheeled, Transportation of units)but still didn't try if AI will use them. I'm currently testing the game and soon I will add new files.

Yes , What Civinator said. I dont remember correctly if AI uses properly Transport at all :confused:
because in original games , The AI always keep moving the transports with sack of units all over the places.

A very decent scenario !!!... :clap: Hours of fun !!:) If there is a way to turn off the pollution option please let me know ! ...I cant seem to keep up with all that orange on the map :wallbash:
I muuuust shut if off :mischief:

Yes , What Civinator said. I dont remember correctly if AI uses properly Transport at all :confused:
because in original games , The AI always keep moving the transports with sack of units all over the places.

Unfortunately, AI don't use land transports so I will delete trucks and replace them with Motorized Infantries.

A very decent scenario !!!... :clap: Hours of fun !!:) If there is a way to turn off the pollution option please let me know ! ...I cant seem to keep up with all that orange on the map :wallbash:
I muuuust shut if off :mischief:

This you can change in Biq file. Go into editor and go at Improvements and Wonders page and then you see pollution option just under cost of the building. Just set number to zero and everything should work fine. There is few improvements that produce pollution. Enjoy the game;)

Just to inform that I've been testing with new resources called national Industry(German industry, Italian industry, French Industry, etc...) and results was good. I've played with small nation and buy French Industry which cost me around 400 golds and I was able to build exports version of they Tanks, Aircraft. That kind of resources will be able to sell only to certain nations which don't have they own industries of units. Like German industry will be able to be sold to Spanish but not to Italians. The new files will be upload soon.

Hi. Your screen shots as well as the description make this scenario sound really interesting. I successfully downloaded the .biq file, but I don't know what to do with the (?) .rar file?

Is that a ZIP file I first need to unzip, then do I creat a folder under Conquests, and finally unzip the .rar file and copy all the info there into the folder?

Sorry if these questions sound stupid to you, but I'm brand new to this forum. I've loved CIV games since 1996, when I began playing CIV II.

Thanks for all the time you spent creating what looks like a great scenario,and I hope you can help me to enjoy playing it as well.

Best,

Civnutplayer.

Welcome to the Website Civnutplayer

The folder that is inside ,you need to put in your in Conquest/Scenario folder , same thing with biqs. just extract to that location or drag simply there (...\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios)where is your game located

Hope it Helps , Have fun

Welcome to CFC forum Civnutplayer. Yes, my friend Smirnoff covered all you need to know and I hope that you like this scenario;)
I'm doing improved version which will have more then 1,20 GB.
I start to adding units and I simply couldn't stop. Soon the new version will be uploaded very soon.

Thanks for replying to my questions, Nexxo. Again, based solely upon looking at the screen shots, as well as comments other posters have left, this sounds like a realy challenging and fun scenario.

I finally figured out out to use 7-ZIP to extract the compressed files, and copied all of them into the main Conquests folder of CIV II.

But I still cannot start the game. I think it has something to do with what you posted when you posted the scenario. You wrote,

"Conquest no raze patch
Just put the Conquest no raze patch in your Conquests main folder and start the game with the NCL.exe. A NoRaze version make AI cannot disband cities.'

Forgive me ignorance, but do I need to download some program to (? -- extract -- ?) the NCL.exe file? I'm not very good at programming, though I would like to try my hand at it, so I have to rely on folks such as you who are.

As my folder stands now, I can load the WWII European Front scenario, but it says it will quit now, as it cannot find the "Hitler.flcs" file. I suspect this has something to do with this NCL.exe program.

Thanks again for all the time and trouble you put into this, and thanks for guiding me, a newbiw to CivFanatics, along with your scenario.

Civnutplayer

Top Bottom