World War II in the Pacific

I have uploaded an updated version of the scenario that now implements the unique ship names, as in Civ 3. I also limited the executives to three per civ, changed the flak interception chance to 30% (it was 50%), and put the newer aggressive AI war plans into effect.

Note to self: 600 downloads at the time.

The B-25 is probably the best contender for it, if for no other reason than I'd like to do a special event for the Doolittle Raid. :D

I have uploaded an updated version of the scenario that now implements the unique ship names, as in Civ 3. I also limited the executives to three per civ, changed the flak interception chance to 30% (it was 50%), and put the newer aggressive AI war plans into effect.

Were you able to manage separate lists of unique ship names (one for the Japs, one for the Brits, one for the Yanks, etc)??

All I did was take the names from Civ 3 and add them to the start of the mod. No ships built during the game will automatically get names yet, although I can do that. :D

All I did was take the names from Civ 3 and add them to the start of the mod. No ships built during the game will automatically get names yet, although I can do that. :D

Cool -- but the issue with this is how do you make sure destroyers built by Japan end up with Jap names, while the same destroyers units built by England end up with Brit names?

----------------------------

Didn't you have thread on this some months ago?

You use a system just like my Civ-Specific Great People mod, only instead of triggering it when a Great Person is born, you trigger it when a unit is built. That's actually a pretty simple thing to do.

There is a Python check in Event Manager every time a unit is built. All you'd have to do is get the civ type, look up a name in the index, and set the unit name to whatever it should be. :thumbsup:

You use a system just like my Civ-Specific Great People mod, only instead of triggering it when a Great Person is born, you trigger it when a unit is built. That's actually a pretty simple thing to do.

There is a Python check in Event Manager every time a unit is built. All you'd have to do is get the civ type, look up a name in the index, and set the unit name to whatever it should be. :thumbsup:

Awesome. Sounds like you should add this to your mod as well! :mischief:

Awesome. Sounds like you should add this to your mod as well! :mischief:

It is easy for the Japanese, Australians, etc., but for America I need to cut down the list of ships to only those that served in the Pacific. Since some served in both fronts, it is tricky, but not impossible. :goodjob:

Note to self: 600 downloads at the time.

Cool (on both counts)!:D

@dutchking: Indeed.:gripe:

Dear Octa,

i followd your thread and hoped that i can use thos mod on my mac but i get a big ammount of xml errors (for units mostly).
is there any mac user playing this mod? there are no DLLs so it should be possible but for me its not working

i use civ with warlords.

best regards
JFK

Are you saying you want more unit art? :mischief:

If so, dutchking must first finish the several Japanese planes that I have requested! :D
I will...I will...
When do you need it by? I have a huge project (A MARTIN B-10 WHOLY SPIT) coming out later today (HOPEFULLY) but then I'll get started on your jap crap. :p
That'd be fine - tho I was just responding to "damn hacker"...;)
:lol:
They can do anything with the internet these days, don't worry, they'll find him. ;)

I will...I will...
When do you need it by? I have a huge project (A MARTIN B-10 WHOLY SPIT) coming out later today (HOPEFULLY) but then I'll get started on your jap crap. :p

Planes like the Oscar and Tony would be a good start. :D

i followd your thread and hoped that i can use thos mod on my mac but i get a big ammount of xml errors (for units mostly).
is there any mac user playing this mod? there are no DLLs so it should be possible but for me its not working

Hmm, I don't know if you're having troubles due to it being a MAC or if it's something in the scenario. I made it before the latest Warlords patch came out but there is nothing in it that should cause incompatibility. Dutchking, you have a MAC, and you downloaded the Warlords version. Anything like this ever happen?

Don't know Oscar, don't know Tony, but I know that's not Gaius Octavius. (Let's pretend it is, tho.);)

Top Bottom