World War II in the Pacific

I put it in the Event python file, which triggers it at the start of the game or turn, so my answer is yes. Plus, considering that it's from Road to War, which Dale graciously pointed out to me, it's definitely compatible. :D

I put it in the Event python file, which triggers it at the start of the game or turn, so my answer is yes. Plus, considering that it's from Road to War, which Dale graciously pointed out to me, it's definitely compatible. :D

Is it the CvWWIIPacEventManager.py file?

Hi

Congratulations for having adapted this great scenario !

For those curious, i played War in the Pacific at the time of Civ3 and made some kind of AAR to illustrate a PBEM game done with Civ3DuelZone community. Perhaps you'll like it, just to have an idea of how it was or for seeing a full game played... Will try to find some time to play the new version :)

Link => CDZ-WitP

How can the combat of a cruiser equal the Combat of a BB? That is weird..

Yes, I am still alive. Reports of my hari-kari have been greatly exaggerated. ;)

I do not see how the heavy cruiser's combat rating is the same as the battleship's; if I recall I upped the BB combat strength to 50 and set the cruiser's to 40. Did you check that first? :D

Yes, I am still alive. Reports of my hari-kari have been greatly exaggerated. ;)

I do not see how the heavy cruiser's combat rating is the same as the battleship's; if I recall I upped the BB combat strength to 50 and set the cruiser's to 40. Did you check that first? :D

Correct. Sorry about that. Dunno how I missed it. The bombard rate of the cruiser is the same as the destroyer's. Is this intentional?

Did you upgrade the strengths of the ships to make it harder for aircraft to sink them?

I think it had more to do with the relative strengths of each, i.e. a 3-4-5 ratio. Made it more balanced for combat, and close to the Civ 3 ratio, which was 1.5 to 1.

Aircraft do proportional damage to ships, I think, so if you had the same plane attack a 100 :strength: vessel it would do 40 pts. of damage, whereas with a 50 :strength: vessel it would do only 20 pts.

I think it had more to do with the relative strengths of each, i.e. a 3-4-5 ratio. Made it more balanced for combat, and close to the Civ 3 ratio, which was 1.5 to 1.

Aircraft do proportional damage to ships, I think, so if you had the same plane attack a 100 :strength: vessel it would do 40 pts. of damage, whereas with a 50 :strength: vessel it would do only 20 pts.

Got it. Thanks. It does make more sense. I ended up with 28-34-40 in my scenario. Same idea. I think that makes subs a bit too strong so I might go back to your values as well (sorry -- posted out of topic). :mischief:

I think I did something really foolish when I "activated" Dale's aggressive warplan settings in my last update. I was playing around with the settings and seem to have forgotten to switch it back. :blush:

Open up CvWWIIPacEventManager.py and look for the following section:

Code:
	def onGameStart(self, argsList):
		'Called at the start of the game'
		# display welcome message
		self.parent.onGameStart(self, argsList)
		dw.welcome()
		for i in range(gc.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS()):
			self.doAIWarPlans(i)

def onBeginGameTurn(self, argsList):
		'Called at the beginning of a players turn'
		self.parent.onBeginGameTurn(self, argsList)
		iGameTurn = argsList[0]

# check for events
		dw.checkGameTurnEvents(iGameTurn)
		for i in range(gc.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS()):
			self.doAIWarPlans(i)

def onBeginPlayerTurn(self, argsList):
		'Called at the beginning of a players turn'
		self.parent.onBeginPlayerTurn(self, argsList)
		iGameTurn, iPlayer = argsList

# check for events
		dw.checkPlayerTurnEvents(iGameTurn, iPlayer)

What you need to do is replace the functions above in the existing mod with the code I have just provided. See if that helps. :D :lol:

A fast question
All those fine fighters. P-40, P-51, Spitfire, Zero, Wildcats.
Have you not thought about making special carrierbased and landbased fighter different from each other.

Then my question is how will one stop the Chinese to have any chance of making a Carrier. That would look stupid.
I believe it´s in the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml file that one puts what unit a special civ will have instead of the standard one. But what if you like to OMIT a unit from a civ ??

I've never seen the Chinese actually build a carrier in that scenario, but if it bothers you, you can totally disable the Carrier unit for the Chinese in the CivilizationInfos xml file.

Example
Code:
			<Units>
				<Unit>
					<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_CARRIER</UnitClassType>
					<UnitType>NONE</UnitType>
				</Unit>
			</Units>

Thanks Ambreville.
That was the thing I looked for. How to omit a unit that everybody else could create.
Don´t forget I´m very much a newbie with Civ4

Top Bottom