Worst Battle

earendil 1

The Halfelven
What was your worst battle ever? There was one time when I was playing as the Chinese and an entire army (4 units) of healthy cavalry all died to a single Indian spearman. I think that I didn't even take one point away from it, either. :cry:

18 stack of panzers killed by 6 infantry in the french capital.......well never invade a capital which is in a hill across a river........

I must admit I've never had any battles that bad. I can recall one occasion when a spearman killed my tank, but the tank was almost dead already so that doesn't really count.

Other than that the worst I can remember is me bombarding a French swordsman on open ground with catapults until it was redlined and then attacking with my full-health elite swordsman and losing.

-Sirp.

I never had it so bad as some mention here.

But once I conquered a capital with a horde of MA and lost it 1 turn later, including 25? MA, due to a cuture flip........

0.274 seconds my computer was shut down!

The very wrost I had, but it is very far from what I am reading, is on Emperor loosing 5 cavalery, retreat 7 to only kill 3 pickmen and 1 spearman on 12 pop capital located on plaine and NOT accross a river. (PTW 1.14f). Rome and its pyramid became mine using my 13th cavalery.

I captured the Japanese city of Edo and I then lost the city and 12 Sipahi to 3 stacks of Iroquois Knights and rifleman totaling close to 40 units in a sneak attack.

They had apparently traversed through 2 other civs (who they did not have any treaty with) and half a continent just to sneak attack me.

I never saw such a slaughter on the lowly warlord level.

Deity game around 1000 BC. Indians declared war on me. They only sent warriors at me and I only had warriors for defense. Out of 10 fights I only won 1 of them. Even though in most cases they were attacking me so I got the defense bonus. In general my warriors were higher ranking too (veteran, elite, etc). I gave up on that game.

I assaulted Babylon, with a stack of 12 cavalry, 2 riflemen. All vet or elite. It was defended by one knight and 3 spearmen. 5 Cav died on the Knight's sword, the rest on spears. The most amazing thing was to see a cav reduce a spearman to 1 hp, and then die. The 1hp spearman killed off two more cav before finally falling..... one rifleman took down the last defender, a spearman reduced to 1hp. Only two of the cav units retreated, and one of the fire-fights produced a GL... but Bab flipped next turn, taking him with it..

I never have ridiculous battles like some of you guys have had. It's hard to get a lone modern armor with 1000 attack to lose to a stack of 40+ two-defense spearman, no matter where they are :eek:

Gotta love making your own mods :cool:

my worst defeat?
I was germany, I controlled the 60% of the available land, my score was 2500 and the second was 1100.
I was by far the best army in the world, I thought no enemy was a treat for me.
so, I tried a D-day strategy.
the zulu were alone in a far island with only 7 cities on it but with 3 sources of aluminium (I had nothing)
I sent 6 transports with panzers (48) with 8 battlecruisers, 3 carriers (15 bombers) and 5 submarines.
my idea was to declare war until I was 1 tile away from zulu's coast line.
surprisely, they declared war on me first and then france, england and russia too.
my attack force was caught in a far place where I couldnt send any help´and they were still 2 turns away from any posible landing area :cry:
I was bombed by bombers, battlecrusiers and submarines :(
I lost 4 transports, 2 carriers, 5 battlecrusiers and ALL my submarines :cry:
I never recover from that, after that defeat, several turns later I had to pay for peace and waited until 2050 and won the game

:mad: I hate zulus

lost 16 ma to 1 mi, 1 infantry, 1 spearman that were fortified in a size 12 city on grassland and surrounded by grassland

Not worste but most frustrating. The Japanese demanded a territory map and I refused- just out of principle. Anyway next thing I now I'm fighting a 3 front war. I upgraded all my riflemen to infantry and did some drafting ready to defend against the onslaught. I didn't have armour yet only cossacks.
Anyway instead of attacking my cities the Japanese, Chinese and Babalonians plodded about my countryside in large stacks of infantry pillaging and capturing workers. They refused to give battle!!!
It was like a tight game of chess- move and counter move. I don't have enough Cossacks to launch a counter offensive and am restricted to local counter attacks. To make matters worse I have to view about 100 units move at the end of every turn.
Also, the Russian people are in civil disorder over the war. A war I didn't start and I have no units in enemy territory. GRRRRRR!!!!!

Attacking the Persian capital with 5 Horsemen, 3 Swordsmen & 2 Hoplites, and the city defended by 1 Immortal & 3 Spearmen, all 5 Horsemen lost, not 1 retreated, & all 3 Swordsmen lost. Persia now had 2 full strength now elite Spearmen in defense. Second wave of attack was 3 more Horsemen & 2 Archers, again all 5 defeated with no horsemen retreating. Finally able to take the city on the third attack of 3 more Swordsmen & 2 Horsemen with the first horseman not retreating, and the second redlined but finally winning.

The city was size 3 on plains with no river.

That whole game I had extremely bad luck in fast-moving units not retreating. In about 100 battles invovling horsemen/knights/cavalry against full-strength 1 move defenders, I only had 5 units retreat.

I lost 8 immortals in an attack on china in recent game. This was going to be the first city I took on a large offensive campaign that would eventually secure some needed luxuries and prime territory. The first city was at pop 3 adn was defended by two spearmen and an archer. When the archer finally fell, my stack of eight had dwindled to two (one was redlined). My offensive strategy was toast.

I lost 2 infantery 2 guerilla and 2cav to a zulu Impi fortified on a hill, not much compared to your battles though. ;)

Top Bottom