Votes: 42 20.5%
  • João II

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • Hammurabi

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 18 8.8%

• Total voters
I voted Montezuma - The man is Sadistical.

Toku is a pain in the ass, best to wipe him out early and first.

I would have to say bismarck. He is a peaceful guy most of the time but the thing is my worst enemy can bribe him to attack me for a really low price.

What the? Jaoe and Hammy made the list...Sury didn't?

Anyway, I voted Toku, he's a pain in the !## and basically hates trading. He's protective, too, so he's nice and annoying to get rid of.

sury is by far the player i HATE starting on my border. he'll expand in territory faster than almost anyone, and almost always starts a classical/medieval war unless we share religion. he techs strongly throughout, and if not attacking you he will often wage war against AIs (one of the few to do so with any degree of success).

Mansa Musa and Survy. Mansa, because Skirmishers are tougher to crack early on. Plus, when you finally build a decent empire-crushing medieval stack to take him on, he'll be decimating that stack with Airships. Survy, because he just eats up any and all available land, he's an aggressive warmonger, and very annoying overall.

She's very nice once you adopts here religion.

The only time I managed to get to good relations with her was when I exterminated 2 civs and adopted free religion early on by building the Shewdagon Paya. But usually she is very nasty.

If your stuck on a continent with Isabella your going to adopt the same religion so you'll get along fine.

Survy would be the most annoying. He's going to leave you with the least amount of land at the start and once end up attacking him it won't be easy. Toko and Sitting Bull are both real annoying and aren't helfpul for teck but atleast you'll have more land to build up for when you do fight.

Joao, Suryavarman, and in general any other civilization that grabs too much land if I don't rush them.

My order of 'i hate to spawn besides':

1. Toku- the reason has already been explained as well as it can be by Navarre
2. Bismark- he always out-expands me, demands tech(which i don't give him,which causes him to be annoyed all the time with me) and is a fairly heavy military power too
3. Charlamagne- same reason as Bismark,except he normally has a decent stack of defensive units and out-cultures me
4. Monty- spawning beside Monty means i must eat him sooner than i'd like to wage war( normally i don't wage war till i get macemen) because he is an insane guy who declares war with stunning regularity

Rest, i don't mind. My only other reservation re: spawning is if India spawns on a biggish island all by itself or (worse yet) if it spawns on a smallish continent with 1-2 other players. India out-techs,out-cultures and out-produces everyone else in such a scenario.

I voted Monty, but I shoulda read the OP first. It probably goes to Toku really in this case

Worst thing I find with Joao is when he's on a different island. I'm sitting there refusing demands thinking I'm safe, he declares war and I laugh because he doesn't have Astronomy yet and I do. Then the realisation hits me...damn

Shaka is just a menace. I never have defended an attack since I'm a builder who attacks on my own terms (rifling terms). And Shaka just makes me feel uncomfurtable because he just has so many modern units.

Shaka, Montezuma, and Tokugawa.......

Tokugawa: beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, he never opens borders or anything unless you share a common religion or sometimes common enemy, he doesn't trade much either.....
Shaka: I've seen a couple a times where I was just peacefully building my Civ........BAM here comes a stack of about 15 impis..........needless to say, I lost
Montezuma: Picture a Shaka who's insane and a HUGE army and for some reason, always has a couple of powerful friends......

Top Bottom