Votes: 16 7.8%
  • Hammurabi

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 18 8.8%

• Total voters

Vivid

Chieftain
Assuming you're in an isolated start alone on a continent with only one other civilization.

Who is it that you least want to see.

Lets assume the early whipped/chopped stack of axeman is a low probability and you're going to have to deal with this other civilization until atleast maceman.

Definitely Toku, from experience. Unless you have a common religion, you won't have open borders, and you are not likely to have a common religion since the sucker will probably manage to take one and never ever ever ever ever build a road, not to mention a missionary to spread it to you. You can either wait for 1000 AD for his religion to spread or found one yourself and spoil a little bit more your relationship with him. You can't easily rush him with his traits of warfaring doom, and he will flood you with spies. Even if you do manage to get him pleased by giving him tons of techs, he won't trade anything to you ever, being usually awfully backwards and not wanting to trade any crappy tech he discovers since he thinks he got some monopoly. And finally, he will dow on you no matter what and slow you a little more. You start with him on a landmass, you're almost guaranteed to be the most backwards continent on the map until Optics. Then, he will see everyone as his worst enemy, and the other way around, so you'll have to take him down or deal with an angry neighbour all the game long because you've "traded with his worst enemy", no matter who you trade with. The man is a nightmare.

Sitting Bull would probably be a worthy second, but I never started isolated with him.

I agree. Starting with Isabella would be a nightmare.

If she's the same religion shes quite manageable. (edit: as said above)

Khan's more dangerous than Monty, especially if he has access to horses IMHO. When Khan DOW on you it's going to hurt, with Monty it's because he's just nuts.

I actually said Joao... because he ALWAYS manages to expand beyond me and just annoys the s**t out of me. He demands this, demands that, refuses this, refuses that. By the time I can make him "Pleased", he decides to attack me!!

Sitting Bull. Especially if he builds cities on hills and cranks out his powerful archers and cheap Dog Soldiers.

Assuming you're in an isolated start alone on a continent with only one other civilization.

Who is it that you least want to see.

Lets assume the early whipped/chopped stack of axeman is a low probability and you're going to have to deal with this other civilization until atleast maceman.

Tokugawa obviously. He's a pain in the ass to wage war against and nearly worthless as a trading partner. It's a lose-lose situation.

I love seeing Isabella start right next to me because then I can rush her (she greatly neglects her early military) and take whatever religion she's founded for myself. Or you can adopt her religion and be her BFF.

Khan's more dangerous than Monty said:
Oh yeh. He definitly is. Monty is perhaps more aggresive than Khan, but when Khan attacks is serious. Monty is much more easy to punch down than Khan.

I've faced Shaka in the previous minor gauntlet when he was my neighbour. He's a unit spammer 1st class and he sent impressive stacks towards me and I nearly got defeated by him. My military was a little on the weak side, but it was an OCC which I'm not experienced at. Luckily he attacked my mixed stack on forest tiles.
Though isolated with him, on BTS, I don't know how agressive he actually is.

Sitting Bull.

Rationale:

• He is protective
  • He has the Dog Soldier as his UU which can counter any Axes and Swords you ever muster
  • He can make totem poles which make his protective archers even harder to crack
  • He does not research well, so even if you manage to befriend him, you will find that he doesn't have many techs to offer. This also means stealing technologies via espionage will not work out successfully.

Sharing a continent with Isabella isn't a problem at all; she'll convert me quite readily and as soon as I switch she wants my babies.
Even better, as soon as I meet the rest of the lot, I will have a willing lapdog. While she can be bribed to war at pleased, she isn't enough of a warmonger to make that too threatening and she's not too difficult to keep at friendly anyway.
If she was a little more into tech trading, she would be close to ideal.

I dislike Sitting Bull most... Poisonous Mutant Rabbit-Turtle would be more appropriate.

I also don't like starting next to Gilgamesh. Protective and being quick to have a relevant cultural defense is an ugly combination and he isn't a particularly good ally either... I really dislike a CRE civ as my only neighbour and he is the worst of the lot.

I started recently isolated with Gilgamesh, it wasn't too bad. The dude is pleased easily, won't dow on you without a reason and techs well enough for trading or tech stealing. Game turned out to be a nightmare when I found the super-continent Wilhem, Pacal, Zara Yacob, Lincoln and Hannibal were sharing tough.

"Want to trade Optics anyone ?"
"Sorry dude, we're at Fission here."
*clicks on Retire*

I actually said Joao... because he ALWAYS manages to expand beyond me and just annoys the s**t out of me. He demands this, demands that, refuses this, refuses that. By the time I can make him "Pleased", he decides to attack me!!

Thats why I added him :lol:

The funny thing is that Napoleon is my worst, believe it or not the 'usual suspects' like Monty, Toku, Izzie, and Genghis I'm aware of and take steps to stay 'above casual' if I can, I was even 'friendly' with some of them at times.

But good old Napoleon will sneak right up on you in the early part of the game when you defending with a Warrior, Sprear, and Axe and take your city('s). Losing a city in early game is so much for devastating then later on I feel.

Sitting Bull, because he's the only one who has ever made me sweat in fear. That's probably because I need to up my difficulty level...

Top Bottom