WOTM28 - First Spoiler

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter

WOTM 28 First Spoiler

Reading Requirements

Stop! If you are participating in WOTM 28, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 500 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions

• Please do not disclose information gained post 500 AD.
  • Please do not name civilizations that requires caravels to contact.
  • Please do not reveal territory or the location of resources that require caravels to reach.

Went 1NW, and settled there. A good multi purpose capital site.

Initial build -> worker, warrior x4, workboat x3, settler (grow/chop while building workboats), warrior, lighthouse (whipped), monument, great lighthouse.

I fogbusted the island quickly, so that the only barbarian activity was a few animals, also sent out a workboat to make contacts, since there was obviously many small islands, and thus good chance to meet some, if not all the AI.
Funny map layout it turned out, with the northern belt being reachable by coast, but south not, and also not possible to circumnavigate early :(

Research -> AG-AH-BW-Sailing-Myst-Masonry-writing-alphabet
AG-AH to hook resources and BW for chopping/whipping and triremes if needed. Then obviously the techs for GLH, with myst added to pop borders in 2nd city to grab fish+gold. Also built monument in the capital to raise cap, since there were so many nice tiles to work.

I only found room for four cities on the island. 2nd city gold+fish, 3rd city 1E of copper, 4th city by horses with cottages on the river.

I built GLib and Colossus too, and with NEpic, my capital was turning out great people reasonably fast. Got a few merchants that were sent to berlin for a nice profit.

By 500AD I have settled the SW island and about to settle the 2xfish island too. I have CS, Machinery, and 3 turns from engineering. Obviously I am gearing up for an invasion with maces/trebs, planning to win a military victory, although it looks like it may be a long haul on this map. Long term research to end with cavalry, with some GS used to bulb astro. Possibly biology if I feel like milking a bit.

Contender Save/Prince Difficulty

Victory Goal: All I need is a plan I can deviate from, so with the fairly isolated start on this map (1 Civ/Island) I'll just try to mind my own business (e.g., play defensively) and aim for a Cultural Victory.

Session 01: 4000 BC – 5 AD

T1/3970 BC – Carthage founded 1 NW of starting location
Initial Builds
Spoiler :
Work Boat
Worker
Warrior
Settler
Warrior
Work Boat
Settler
Worker

T62/2140 BC – Utica founded 3W+2NW of Carthage, on coastal riverside plains tile next to Gold Hill.

T80/1600 BC – Hardrumtum founded 5S of Carthage & 1SE of Horse Resource.

T84/1480 BC – Change Civics: Tribalism to Slavery

T110/850 BC – Hippo founded tip of western peninsula next to Copper.

T124/640 BC – Kerkouane founded 2NW+3W of Hardrumtum, on desert tile near Crab, Incense and Wheat.

T125/625 BC – Utica finishes: The Oracle!!!! :D
T126/610 BC – Take Code of Laws with free tech from The Oracle; Confucianism founded in Hippo; adopted as State Religion. :bowdown:

T138/430 BC – Change Civics: Slavery to Caste System & Paganism to Organized Religion :worship:

T141/385 BC – Leptis founded 3W of Utica on grasslands hill near Fish.

Six cities and one religion founded, and The Oracle build all before 5 AD, looks like I'm off to a good start. There are 3 – 4 unclaimed tiles where I could squeeze in another city in the center of the home Island, and a rather uninteresting small island to the south with 4 plains tiles & 1 plains hill, but no resources. But I need to improve the economy before I consider any additional cities.

T157/130 BC – Contact made: Incan Empire; Confucianism spreads to Cuzco!!!!
T159/115 BC - HC converts to Confucianism!!!!

Looks like I might have a friendly trading partner for this game. :cooool:

Session 02/Part 1: 5 AD – 500 AD

T172/80 AD – Great Scientist born in Carthage
T173/95 AD – Great Scientist builds Academy in Carthage :science:

T175/125 AD – Contact made: German Empire
T189/335 AD – Contact made: English Empire

T198/470 AD - Great Scientist born in Carthage
T199/485 AD – Great Scientist light bulbs Mathematics :science:

My Carthaginian Empire status @ 500 AD

Six Cities founded
One Religion (Confucianism) founded

World Wonders Built
The Oracle

World Wonders attempted but lost to another Civ
The Great Lighthouse

World Wonders under construction
The Parthenon in Kerkoune (2 turns remaining)
The Great Library in Carthage (8 turns reamining)

Research completed @ 500 AD
Spoiler :
Bronze Working
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry
Bee-Line (B/L) The Wheel/Pottery
Mysticism
B/L Meditation/Priesthood
Writing
Masonry
B/L Polytheism/Monotheism
Sailing
Code of Laws (free tech from The Oracle)
B/L Hunting/Archery
Iron Working
Alphabet
Literature
Mathematics (from GS)
Drama

After quite some time, a WOTM I managed to start to play and a nice one, too.

I also went for the spot north-west from the settler which made a good starting point. I got a little greedy and fetched stonehenge, the oracle (metal casting), the great lighthouse and later the colossus and the great library. The downside was that I met neighbors rather lately and that the first prophet had to grab theology to get one religion.

I tend to aim for space, and have already advanced beyond 500AD, but, of course, no spoilers about that. :)

Well, this is my second game of the month, just after the one with Hatty where I failed like a newbie for trying to get a religion. Anyways, I've got enough to lurk here for two years and I decided to get my seat on Civfanatics. :)

At prince level (contender save), it's another story since I could follow my wonder-hogging strategy. But without goody huts and luck, I had to change my strategy a little bit. Since I was pretty sure there were no close rivals, I could expand to my own pace and prince level allows some mistakes compared to higher levels. I pursuit all wonder that bring GE pts so as to maximise the chance to get one. Then, since this is Warlord edition, then there is no use to keep it for founding a corporation. I could use it to rush other wonders and so on. Unfortunately, at 25% chance to get GE, I got three GMerchants. Anyways, I got a hold of SH, Oracle, Great Pyramids, Great Lighthouse, Great Library, Hanging Garden and the Colossus. And now I am going to get the Hagia Sophia for the same reason.

Let's begin:

4000 BC - I moved North-West because I was slighty able to see some hills and a coast tile. Because this kind of map is poor of hills, I have to get all production tiles at all cost early. Production is power too! Moreover I was able to keep my coastal city status with this move. Then I rush towards BW for chop rushing. I began to work on warriors to fogbust early and work boats to get sea foods productive early.

I swap later to slavery I began to whip some workers that will work on hills and forests. When I fogbust all the island, I began to work on SH for future monuments that will expand cities' culture frontiers when mysticism acquired. I wanted a GP too. Meanwhile, I beeline to Judaism with the hope to get Hinduism with little luck.

3370 BC - BW
3190 BC - Hindusim was founded! :p
3100 BC - Mysticism
2770 BC - Polytheism
2530 BC - Masonry
2170 BC - I founded Judaism with Monotheism! :lol: With this tech and a religion, I was able to get organized religion and the 25% bonus for building: ideal for wonders! :goodjob: Now it was time to get techs for developments.
1930 BC - Agriculture
1570 BC - AH
1360 BC - I got the SH done! Then I rushed a settler to found Utica southward.
1240 BC - Sailing - Time to explore the world and its opportunities!
1060 BC - Utica founded. I know this is extremely late to found a city but I have no reason to rush my expansion since I was alone on my island. Moreover, with less lands to cottage, that means I have no needs to cottage early because ,with the Colossus, all the coast will get four coins, that is extremely strong compared to non-financial civs (double power that is).
985 BC - Wheel
910 BC - Founded Hadrumentum westward for gold ressource - Increases happy cap.
880 BC - Pottery
775 BC - Priesthood because I was going to rush the Oracle to get Metal casting for the Colossus.
595 BC - Oracle done! :D
580 BC - Metal Casting early for free! :king:
565 BC - Writing
370 BC - For the 50% additionnal hammer value from forests. As you can see, I focus all my efforts for the sake of wonders.
340 BC - Great Prophet for Shrine
325 BC - Shrine to reduce maintenannce in some way
235 BC - Great Lighthouse completed in my capitol. This wonder is the second strongest wonder on an archipelago map, just after the Colossus.
25 BC - Founded Hippo at the extreme west of the island near copper ressource for the Colossus. Got Alphabet for echanging techs with my neighbours, that is HC, Lizzy
and Stalin. I'm sure the one who set up that WOTM delicately chose those financial and industrious leaders. I was lucky to get wonders after all with strong neighbours like this. :crazyeye:
5 AD - I begged Hunting from a leader, don't remember which one.
35 AD - I GOT A GREAT RANDOM EVENT! Even though there are no events in Warlords, getting something from hills is somewhat random for I, even though very unlikely. I got Gems, a ressource no accessible in my island nor the islands around. With my forge done, I'll get lots of happy faces. Moreover, I detected a silver spot on an ice island northward of my capitol. Imagine all the happy faces I'll get from the forges in all my cities. I am a very lucky guy! :D
Just a question: does the gems popped up because I worked on a hill tile or they just popped up because there was a mine on it?
35AD - I exchange Alphabet for Meditation and Archery from Lizzy.
50 AD - Colossus done in Hadrumentum! Don't want filthy great merchant pts in my capitol! Of course, this cheap wonder is the strongest of all on an archipelago map.
155 AD - Horseback riding - Time to protect myself from future hypothetic aggression. Numidian Cavalry must be of use!
215 AD - Kerkouane founded on an island near HC territory. A good Great People farm for later...very later because my capitol is the great people farm at the moment. Moreover, that island got a Copper ressource.
230 AD - I got a great Merchant surprisingly!
245 AD - Litterature - I want the Great Library at all cost!
320 AD! - That HC *ssh*le DOWed me! :mad: He almost got Kerkouane with axemen but failed. At that time, I rassembled all ressource (except the capitol that was building the great Pyramids) for war against HC: it's time to crush the strongest guy of CIV.
380 AD! Pyramids done; my first GE pts; I lost the GW
Moderator Action: Post-500AD data removed

Now, I am going to shoot myself.

Well, this is my second game of the month, just after the one with Hatty where I failed like a newbie for trying to get a religion. Anyways, I've got enough to lurk here for two years and I decided to get my seat on Civfanatics. :)
Welcome to GOTM. :wavey:

I wouldn't worry too much about Hatty, you won't be the only one, most likely. But that discussion belongs in another thread... :mischief:

Two years! :eek: Glad you decided to make your mark. :)

Overall: I think my game worths to continue.
Good luck! :thumbsup:

I had some great luck with Lizzy getting ganked by both Stalin and the Barbarians, I was able to put down a couple of cities on her Island, then procede towards war with her, although that was probably after 500AD.

One note though, the barbarians were incredibly lame, any islands I doscovered only ever had 1 barb city, and only ever warriors in the cities. I'm sure I've seen an emperor GotM where any unclamied islands became barb fortresses, I guess this games current situation must be a function of the difficulty level?

Maybe 'raging barbs' dont like to settle ?

My early game has been very similar to Fluroscent's. Noticeable differences were going wheel/pottery (to connect stuff and build granaries) instead of AH (waited to get this from trade). Downside to it is I settled a city on top of horses. :( As of 500AD I have 7 cities: 4 on starting island, 1 for 2xfish, 1 for 2xsilver, 1 for fish/clams/copper next to HC.

Wonder-wise I got GLH, Oracle (Currency), Colossus. I can build GLib but capital is too busy building troops (Maces mainly) to capture a neighboring island. Originally these troops were bound to England, but Inca just built the Mids. :mischief:

In 500AD my 1st caravel is ready to set sail and discover the southern seas. I'm researching Paper now, but still miss stuff like Calendar, Monarchy, Mono and Construction. Lack of AI-AI contact makes them very stingy. East is Hindu, West is Jew. I have no religion, but got a GP (will possibly use it in a captured holy city) and a GM (should have settled him ages ago, now I'm not so sure).

p.s. Welcome to GOTM, Tachywaxon! :) Your initial spoiler was so nice and detailed that even our moderator Leif decided not to edit out all that info post-500AD. :mischief:

p.s. Welcome to GOTM, Tachywaxon! :) Your initial spoiler was so nice and detailed that even our moderator Leif decided not to edit out all that info post-500AD. :mischief:
Somehow missed that part. :blush:

Don't have the power to edit. :sad:

Have notified my fellow Mods to come to the rescue. Sorry about that. :crazyeye:

Somehow missed that part. :blush:

Don't have the power to edit. :sad:

Have notified my fellow Mods to come to the rescue. Sorry about that. :crazyeye:

Sorry, sorry! Newbie's blunder. :eek: I am going to delete those lines; I should have read more precisely the rules.

Obviously, the newbie factor was intended to be subliminal to him as I wanted to ruin the WOTM. No jokes. :crazyeye:

*:(*

Sorry, sorry! Newbie's blunder. :eek: I am going to delete those lines; I should have read more precisely the rules.
:thanx:
We all have to start as noobs sometime. :)
Why, even I was one once, if I could only remember that long ago... :mischief:

WOTM28 - Contender.

*** 4000 BC -> 750 BC ***

First move is to send warrior SW. Reveals no resources at all. I move the settler NW showing I've gained a couple of hills, score!

Workboat first sounds good to me. First techs are Agri->AH for the wheat and cows.

Pretty much as expected, we're alone on the island. At least fog busting shouldn't be difficult. Techs after AH go BW -> Wheel -> Pottery, since there is lots of food and I want a granary to make whipping nice.

An exploring workboat is out in 2290 BC, having built 2 WBs and 2 workers, the 2nd one whipped. Ok, N is ice. Won't meet AI there...

After Mysticism (monuments in new cities) and writing it is 1330 BC. I consider the Oracle, but I'm not hopeful. I give it up when I don't even have Priesthood in 1030 BC, choosing to research Sailing instead and expand over these islands.

By 750 BC I've met Stalin, Huayna, Lizzy and Bis. Researching Alphabet. My goal at this stage is still on expansion. I'm at 3 cities, second is at gold, third at copper.

*** 750 BC -> 5 AD ***

At 610 BC I am 1 tile away from circumnavigation by workboat! :(

I learn alphabet in 565 BC. I gift out writing to pretty much everyone, since I want them to OB, meet eachother, and then more techs will become available.

Crap! In 505 BC I remember how great the Great Lighthouse is. A couple of chops and it could be mine? Luckily I grab it in 350 BC. Now I also remember the Colossus is good too!

At 5 AD I have 6 cities, which is a bit on the low side I think. One of them is on Lizzy's island to claim wine - maybe that's just asking for trouble. I've just learned Metal Casting (after CUrrency) and I'm going to try to build the Colossus in the capital. THe capital is pretty much set up for production, no cottages there at all.

*** 5 AD -> 500 AD ***

The Colossus is complete in 260 AD. The capital is now just on a wonder binge - next is the Great Library. The rest of the empire deals with expanding.

My tech goal is to head towards Civil Service, Machinary and Construction and take out Lizzy real quick. THe diplo situation is currently Stalin and Lizzy Jewish; myself, Huayna, and Bis are Confucian. THere is still the whole southern hemisphere to explore still, where Buddhism, Hinudism and just recently Christianity have been founded.

Finally, in 410 AD I get circumnavigation. I kept a workboat by Bismarck's coastal city, and as soon as the border popped I sailed over.

I just discovered something irritating. My city near Lizzy that was supposed to get the Wine does not actually establish a trade route to it. I can't build a road through the mountain of course...

Bang on 500 AD I discover Civil Service. At this point I have 8 cities: 4 on the mainland; NE with 2 fish; SW with copper, clams and fish; N with the silver; E on Lizzy's island.

I do not know whether it is the map, the civ, the prince level, the epic speed, or my mismanagement by experimenting with new play style... but this game is moving REALLY slowly....

Contender Save; goal - try to improve my score ranking

In light of my goal, this map just screams to me: Sushi sushi sushi! Too bad this is Warlords Warlords Warlords.:rolleyes:

OK, so I'm going to focus on pop growth, expansion, and early domination victory, though probably in the reverse order. Basically, trying for maximizing score is new territory for me and just results in confusing a bunch of the other stuff I usually do well. And this being Warlords I will surely mess up the tech tree somehow. But thanks to DynamicSpirit I know I will get Triremes without metalcasting.

What to do.
Settled 1NW and did a WB build first. Usually when I choose a workboat start (as opposed to a worker build first) I am trying to snag an early religion and thus will not have much worker tech to use anyhow, but this time I tech towards BW first to get the whip. Then Sailing to make coastal connection of cities and possibly claim territory off island. Slurp up all the juicy AI trade routes, too. :drool: Built settler fairly early and settled on what would become a hosre pasture.:sad: Had to whip warrior to prevent barb overrun, then waste lots of time building enough to fogbust. Then chopped out the GLH in my horse pasture, but I should have built it in the capitol instead. Next settled the gold/fish (get it?... goldfish :lol: :rolleyes: ) and then a 4th city in a sweet spot in the southwest. My 3rd wb did some exploring and I find that circumnav falls short by 1 tile. Nice to read Adrianj's spoiler that when/if Bismarck's culture moves west a little I can complete the circumnav... but at 500AD I have just gotten Optics so its too late to get much use form this spoil.

I forgot about the Oracle. Not intentionally, I just forgot. Until about 1000BC, when I figured I should start down the Priesthood path, only to see the Oracle built iafal. No fair... nobody else suffered such an early AI Oracle that I can see. No big deal for me to not get an Oracle I never tried for... but it started me thinking that I am going too slow. And thinking too slow! Epic speed is so slow that I am playing in my sleep. Can't we play on Quick? :gripe:

HC, Liz, Biz, and Stalin are all met. They mostly have not met each other so Tech trade opportunities are few. I regret waiting until Monarchy was available by trade, as I could have used the raised happy caps earlier than I got it (around 350AD). OMG things really seem slow here. No Pyramids built until 400AD??? At 500AD the Collosus is still available and nobody I met even has metalcasting yet, so I'll probably take a shot at it... if I can figure out how long before I obsolete it with whatever tech does that.

Slow slow slow... But wtf... if the AI I've met weren't all four or five techs behind me I'd be concerned about my tech pace.

First GS built an academy in the Capitol. I don't think there has been a second one yet. Maybe I should build the GLib. Nah... I'm looking at a mace/cat domination victory in like 1500AD at the latest... I don't need much more tech, so it can't pay off.

I already have Machinery (as precursor to Optics) and am starting x-bows builds. I have one city on the British Isle which happens to have the only horse on that isle, and everything English seems defended by archers (ok... one city has an axeman, must be Scots). However, I suspect that Liz is not far from Feudalism so I should probably knock off the tech ******s who don't even have alphabet yet (read Bismark and Stalin). Though it is tempting to deep-6 Liz early since she is biggest threat (though such a pathetic threat I hardly think it matters). If only she would build me a wonder or two... Collosus would be nice, even tho it will soon be obsolete I think. I wonder who built the pyramids. HC just built something... forget what, not something I'd build myself, anyhow. Proximity makes him or Liz the first victim anyhow.

Geez... these AI are just pathetic... must be the raging barbs I guess. (And here I am talking... having built like 6 warriors, one chariot and one axe so far the whole game). 1 galley and 2 triremes - got 2 seafood pillaged because triremes out of position, but have killed 3 barb galleys). Had barb axe show up near my british isle city defended by warrior, pop went to 2 just in time to whip a chariot that got killed by the axe, the axe then at strength 3 attacked the warrior and lost. Move the warrior to fogbust the one remaining tile that could spaw a barb, and built axe to be MP for city (overkill, but warrior no longer an option). My workers are bored and have nothing to do... have to save them for farming over cottages and such near the end, I suppose. Let them rest for now.

At 500AD, I have only 6 cities because I see no point building a bunch of crap cities, even though there is space to do so. OK, for higher score I probably should. Where? I guess my optic ships might help that decision now, so 2 settlers in queues. Someone said there is a 2-silver island somewhere? I'm sure I've seen it but probably just discarded it as a site because its ice and got no food or something like that. The happy I get from traded resources and Hered Rule, so who needs the silver resource? Is there a 2-fish island somewhere? I'll have to settle that next. I've already settled the copper-crab-fish (or was it clam... who cares, lets call it the Copper Sushi island). But hopefully the supreme city sites are just sitting empty waiting to be found by my fleet.

Planning:
Right now I'm at 500AD. I have 6 cities. I have Optics. I will meet the remaining AI soon, and surely get a good laugh at their backward ways. I am 4 turns from Currency, because I do not want to wait for Liz to trade it in order to get another trade route in each city. That extra trade route should make Civil Service about a 8 turn tech - giving my best production city a 50% hammer bonus from Bureaucracy. Then I need to get Construction --by trade if possible, quick tech detour if not-- then Astronomy (hmmm... math needed to open bulbing astro - do I have math?-, but have I unwittingly messed this up by opening up the philo bulb having traded for Meditation.... need to check that).

Then its whip out the maces and cats. Oh, a couple ships, too of course. Then kill kill kill them all. Or at least enough of them to dominate the world. Build population... tech for Biology... So Civil Service, Construction, Astronomy, and later biology. That should do it.

If something unexpected happens and I fail at the domination, then I could always go for Diplomacy, since right now I have Friendly (2) and Pleased (2) relations with all. And they don't even know each other so I should be able to pick them off without a lot of hurt feelings.

Spoiler :
OK... so this spoiler probably just sounds like a bunch of disjointed ramblings. As such, it illustrates fairly well how I'm playing this game so far. Focus focus focus --- lacking lacking lacking.

Circumnavigation was possible in 115BC by workboat. Just had to wait until westernmost German city expanded and then sail to the culural boundary. Not necessary to actually sail around the world, only need to reveal the tiles.

Circumnavigation was possible in 115BC by workboat. Just had to wait until westernmost German city expanded and then sail to the culural boundary. Not necessary to actually sail around the world, only need to reveal the tiles.

Unfortunately, my exploration was mainly eastward, meaning I am on the Stalin side of the gap (which thanks to map-maker is roughly as far away from our home island as is possible to be). Stalin is slow to expand in this direction and I will circumnav by Optics before he gets even close. As far as I recall, Bismark has not settled far enough on the west end of his landmass yet, either - too busy building great wall, I think... I'll check that again when I proceed. I'll be disapointed if the opportunity was there and I simply missed it. Too bad... the circumnav bonus is greatest for 2-move units, percentage-wise. But I'll have it before I start convoying, so its not gamebreaking.

Unfortunately, my exploration was mainly eastward, meaning I am on the Stalin side of the gap (which thanks to map-maker is roughly as far away from our home island as is possible to be). Stalin is slow to expand in this direction and I will circumnav by Optics before he gets even close. As far as I recall, Bismark has not settled far enough on the west end of his landmass yet, either - too busy building great wall, I think... I'll check that again when I proceed. I'll be disapointed if the opportunity was there and I simply missed it. Too bad... the circumnav bonus is greatest for 2-move units, percentage-wise.
Yes, the advantage is greater the earlier it's gained, so it's often wise to send boats in both directions (even after you've gotten Optics), and it was necessary this game before Optics. Be surprised, and curious to know, if Bismark didn't settle a city on his west coast in your game, and wonder if leif had anticipated that (or not?).

Yes, the advantage is greater the earlier it's gained, so it's often wise to send boats in both directions (even after you've gotten Optics), and it was necessary this game before Optics. Be surprised, and curious to know, if Bismark didn't settle a city on his west coast in your game, and wonder if leif had anticipated that (or not?).

I eventually used two boats for expolring and trying to get circumnav bonus, a wb and then a bit later a galley.

I checked my game, and see that Munich is the furthest west Bismark city, but is one tile east of where it should/could be. When my wb arrive it was a 9-tile city, and would require 2 border pops to open the gap for me. Of course, when I was there, I was unaware that there even was a gap there, just looked like open sea. And I continued exploring in other directions. By the time I got there from the other direction and found the gap, I must admit that I just accepted it as a gamemakers evilness.

I suppose (1) putting a +1 visibility chariot on a galley would do the trick, or (2) use patience and wait for Bismarks culture border. I had neither the chariot nor the patience. :lol:

I am targetting a Cultural Victory with a focus on getting most of my culture from buildings and cottages, rather than from Great Artists.

500 AD stats:
- 6 cities under my control
- No wars with anyone
- 6 Religions have been founded, two by me, while 3 others have spread to me
- I am currently Researching Drama and then will try to be the first to research Music (I haven't heard of any Great Artists being spawned yet). I find in GOTMs it is a lot harder to tell, as you have to memorize the names of the Great People, but for WOTMs and BOTMs, you get to know the type of Great Person in the Event Log, so you don't have to check against a namelist to see if a Great Artist has already been spawned

Wonders built:
Planned Legendary City 1:
The Oracle
The Great Lighthouse
The Hanging Gardens
The Temple of Artemis

Planned Legendary City 2:
Stonehenge
The Colossus

Planned Legendary City 3:
The Sistine Chapel

I missed The Pyramids but got a bucketload of cash from almost having completed it. I'd still much rather have Representation plus the cultural bonus from having built The Pyramids, but at least the cash is helping out my research rate and should give me a good shot at the free Great Artist from Music.

Funny map layout it turned out, with the northern belt being reachable by coast, but south not, and also not possible to circumnavigate early :(

How good are your fog-gazing skills? Check out the attached images to see if you can spot anything noteworthy (I helped you out a bit with red circles).

What does this discovery mean? Well, nothing really, unless you are willing to take a risk. In the worst case, the risk will not pay off and you will have a nice little gift to offer up to an AI.

Attachments

• Fog-Gazing01.jpg
    Fog-Gazing01.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Fog-Gazing02.jpg
    Fog-Gazing02.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 227
Top Bottom