Would Anyone Appreciate This As Much As Me???

GroundedSausage

Lord of the Fireflies
This supposed to be a fun mod taking place on a few planets, but the main battlefield is the planet of Antioch. Other maps include Earth, and randomly generated maps.

The main game will be on the scenario of Antioch (made by me :3) . The background is in 2341 the Colonial Administration Authority commissioned the terraforming of the planet which is about 1.5x the size of Earth. Because of its proximity to its sun and its ozone carbon dioxide enriched troposphere, it became a very successful Ag-World. Actual colonization began in 2410 with the building of Nueva Santo Domingo. Due to its very rocky topography, man-made islands were made of the inland of the northern continent, Jupiter. Nevertheless, the hilly terrain of the Northern continent (Jupiter) and the southern, smaller continent (Minerva) led toward making it more of a residential community.

The CAA eventually chartered the UNSC with the construction of processing facilities and forts in the hilly ranges, as they had no great use for them. The combined agricultural industry and the arising military facilities led to a population boom in the 2400s, which deemed pretty unusual as an Outer Colony. Through exploration, the UNSC discovered iron and uranium deposits on Minerva, which meant the planet could become self-sufficient in manufacturing mostly everything it already built. Not much enforcement had to be made to the population, as no Insurrectionist uprisings had been attempted.

By the Second Battle of Harvest in 2526, the Covenant had expanded their interests to exterminating the other Outer Colonies. Only until the Covenant had touched base with Antioch did the UNSC notice that they weren't here to exterminate; rather, to look for something. The Covenant had foretold a Forerunner artifact that lay beneath an iron deposit in southern Minerva. Once these artifacts are brought aboard the Covenant ship within the next year, the glassing of the planet will begin. This is your chance to stop the Covenant before they take the lives of the 683 million people on this planet.

Secure your forts, cities, and take the Covenant Spire within 257 turns and obliterate any other presence on the planet. Your forts are key to your survival, as they work as the powerhouses to your arms manufacturing and conscripting of units. Your cities are crucial as well, as many people live in these cities. If too many cities are taken, the UNSC will have no point in trying to secure the planet, and they will be forced to retreat to another planet.

This is just to say it's off canon obviously but material and credit for this mod references to the Halo trademark, which ties to Bungie, Microsoft, and The Hundred and Forty Three Industries! :D you're awesome! Thank you for creating one of the best games out there (you're still cool though, Sid Meier)!

Got ideas? Post them right here

This looks AWESOME!!! I will reply more later. I have to go sorry.

The Covenant can train these units in their Spire:

Grunt Squad: Commanded with an Elite in the back of the graphic; backbone of
the infantry. Base strength- 2

Elite Squad: The SpecOps units of the Covenant. Equipped with the finest
weaponry, they are a marvel to the rest of the infantry. Base strength- 4

Jackle Squad: These units can ambush in trees, hills; the world is their advantage.
They start out with a promotion that gives them an added
advantage to hills and trees.
Base strength- 3

Brute Squad: Blessed with brute force, these units are the hammer to any wielder,
smashing or exploding the opposition with their unique arsenal. As
they progress in experience, their armor changes color and and they
are lead by a Chieftain. Base Strength- 4

Hunter Squad: These juggernauts are equipped with fine armaments. They can wipe
out a fleet of warthogs by just the look of them. You don't want to mess with these
worms! Base strength- 6

Wraiths: These units are good for invading cities. They act like mortars in a sense
where they can bombard the city from the inside in and topple buildings.
They are a great asset to have with any of your infantry. Base strength- 5

Ghosts: These units are agile, quick, and with some assistance around can really
do some damage on any fortifications. They are great for raids.
Base strength- 3

Anti-Air Wraiths: These units give great defense for fortifications. Highly
recommended for any rally points, defenses, or just overall any
places that might be suspected to air raids. Make sure these are
assisted by other ground units as these units cannot fight ground
units. Base strength- 5 (can only attack air units)

Revenant: These units provide convenient transport. They are easy to produce,
cheap, armed, and mobile. They can transport a unit (2 units) to where
it is able to move 3 tiles (2 tiles). Base strength- 2

Banchees: The ketchup that covers these metaphorical french fries. Making sure it
doesn't get too hot on the battlefield. When stacked with other units,
they provide good support to the Covenant's favor. Great for raids.
Base strength- 4

Phantoms: This is a crucial transport element. When the Covenant wants to get there
and fast, this is the instrument. It has exceptionable well armament as well. Base strength: 5

UNSC forts can provide these units:

Marines: Enlisted, hardened soldiers. They are the core of the UNSC. In numbers
they can dish out a lot of damage. Base strength- 2

ODST's: These units are the soldiers that take the heat the marines can't. Called
in from the depths of space, these units can tackle almost any challenge that lay
in front of them. Base strength- 3

Spartan Team* (These units cannot be produced): Genetically engineered, hardened
more than titanium literally right down to the bone, these units can carry out orders
alone, or lead an army to victory (giving it extra promotions like a Warlord) against
the Covenant. Don't let them die, as these are rare commodities! Base Strength- 6

Warthogs: These vehicles have led soldiers into battles for many years. With the
symbolic tusks on the front, and a nice machine gun on the back; a few of these
could wipe out a whole grunt squad by heart attack. Base Strength- 4

Scorpions: These mammoths are the heavy armor of the UNSC. Armed with powerful
cannons and a machine gun on the front, a good marine can turn this hunk of metal
into a very efficient killing machine. Base strength- 6

Hornets: This is the main UNSC air unit. They are cheap to produce, incumbent, and
are decisive to any air to air battle. Great for any raid. Base strength- 4

Falcons: These units are prototype aircraft that are only produced in a few areas, and
aren't distributed throughout the far majority. They are sleek units that can transport
any one infantry squad to its destination. It's mounted machine guns and built-in Autocannon
give it effective firepower toward some opposition. Base strength- 4

Pelicans: These units are crucial if you want to even consider the invasion of the Spire.
They can transport up to 4 units (vehicles count as 2). With good armaments, any soldier
will be glad to snuggle into the back hatch once they find out that the hot zone is still pretty
hot. Base strength- 5

Get Civ V and get the Complete Edition of CiV IV. Civ IV BtS adds so much to the game

Thanks for the feedback? ;D Another question I have is like i said I only have the CIV IV: Gold Edition. Should I flat out just get Civilization V? The Complete Edition of Civ IV? What should I get to get the most out of making this mod.

I would NOT buy civilization V. I bought it, and barely played it. It loses so much depth and has a lot of flaws in it, although some elements have been improved. The AI is a complete nitwit at combat (you can basically conquer the world with 3 Keshiks) and it seems to get a lot of updates, so I assume it is still in Beta phase.

I would NOT buy civilization V. I bought it, and barely played it. It loses so much depth and has a lot of flaws in it, although some elements have been improved. The AI is a complete nitwit at combat (you can basically conquer the world with 3 Keshiks) and it seems to get a lot of updates, so I assume it is still in Beta phase.

Very Constructive ;D ok well just in case I'm gonna get both probably by the end of the month. If this thread dies down I'll start a new one but what I want to discuss here is:

Who Wants To Help

Ideas about the mod (Scripts, model ideas, ANYTHING!)

Ok. Sorry I couldn't respond right then. First off, I would suggest just getting BTS and not Civ V. Its just not worth it. Now to the Halo modding. I have some experience with modding a number of other games but I haven't modded Civ IV yet. If I can find out how the modding works here, (Just a basic rundown) I would be glad to help. Also, if you need any help with programming, I may be able to help there too.

I would help if I knew anything about Halo, but you should really take this to creation and customization, you will get a lot more help there.

There was a thread there. I moved it here so more people could see it! ;P

Ok. Sorry I couldn't respond right then. First off, I would suggest just getting BTS and not Civ V. Its just not worth it. Now to the Halo modding. I have some experience with modding a number of other games but I haven't modded Civ IV yet. If I can find out how the modding works here, (Just a basic rundown) I would be glad to help. Also, if you need any help with programming, I may be able to help there too.

This will probably be a long project if you want to help so before you consider it PLEASE PLEASE play any of the Halo Games. It can be CE, 2, 3, ODST, Wars, Reach I really don't care. I just need you to get some basic background on what you're gonna be scriptin, etc.. It would really help ya know?

I just think you need to decide which game to play... Civ or Halo :goodjob:

If you choose the former then go for IV BTS, I haven't played much of the other Civ games but BTS is the best computer game I ever played so I'll not waste time with the others until they start getting rave reviews.

This will probably be a long project if you want to help so before you consider it PLEASE PLEASE play any of the Halo Games. It can be CE, 2, 3, ODST, Wars, Reach I really don't care. I just need you to get some basic background on what you're gonna be scriptin, etc.. It would really help ya know?

I have played the orginal Halo, Halo 3, Halo Wars, and Halo Reach so I think I am good there.

I just think you need to decide which game to play... Civ or Halo :goodjob:

If you choose the former then go for IV BTS, I haven't played much of the other Civ games but BTS is the best computer game I ever played so I'll not waste time with the others until they start getting rave reviews.

agh, screwup. didn't mean to quote you. sorry

Alright well I'm gonna try and just get the complete edition some time this week so I'll have everything :D then also Seron thank you so much if you want to stick to this and make this mod because you'd be at this point the most applicable. This will be very fun

I'm going to brainstorm onto this reply. Tell me what you think

Grunt Squad*: Commanded with an Elite in the back of the graphic; backbone of
the infantry. Base strength- 2

Elite Squad*: The SpecOps units of the Covenant. Equipped with the finest
weaponry, they are a marvel to the rest of the infantry. As they
progress in experience, their armor color changes to notify a higher
rank. (will be assisted by grunts) Base strength- 4

Jackle Squad*: These units can ambush in trees, hills; the world is their advantage.
They start out with a promotion that gives them an added
advantage to hills and trees. (will be assisted with skirmishers)
Base strength- 3

Brute Squad: Blessed with brute force, these units are the hammer to any wielder,
smashing or exploding the opposition with their unique arsenal. As
they progress in experience, their armor changes color and and they
are lead by a Chieftain. (will be assisted by grunts) Base Strength- 4

Wraiths*: These units are good for invading cities. They act like mortars in a sense
where they can bombard the city from the inside in and topple buildings.
They are a great asset to have with any of your infantry. (will be assisted
by grunts/skirmishers) Base strength- 5

Ghosts*: These units are agile, quick, and with some assistance around can really
do some damage on any fortifications. They are great for raids.
Base strength- 3

Anti-Air Wraiths: These units give great defense for fortifications. Highly
recommended for any rally points, defenses, or just overall any
places that might be suspected to air raids. Make sure these are
assisted by other ground units as these units cannot fight ground
units. (will be assisted by grunts/ skirmishers) Base strength- 5

Revenant*: These units provide convenient transport. They are easy to produce,
cheap, armed, and mobile. They can transport a unit (2 units) to where
it is able to move 3 tiles (2 tiles). Base strength- 2

Banchees*: The ketchup that covers these metaphorical french fries. Making sure it
doesn't get too hot on the battlefield. When stacked with other units,
they provide good support to the Covenant's favor. Great for raids.
Base strength- 4

@Sausage-It's going to be..well, click the link in my signature and read more(Next to the part that says NWACE). I'm using all those nations in their starting positions on a world map...and that is all I have figured out as of now :p

Top Bottom