Would be nice if AI players did not attempt victory conditions that are disabled

For instance in my current game cultural victory is disabled, but they are still building seaside resorts. Yeah I know they can get some gold output from working the tile, but it's not all that helpful for the AI. There are some games I'm not interested in anyone competing for religious or cultural victory, and I would like the AI to be more competitive in focusing on one or two victory types.

And if you happen to have Top Secret access level, you can see how often the AI changed their victory condition focus. They would likely be more competitive if they could focus more narrowly.

The concept of competitive AI was the initial idea of Civ5 and it was hated by players a lot. Most players actually prefer "roleplaying" AI and Civ6 does this well.

I would be okay for AI civs actually going for a victory. But perhaps this could be an option that could be toggled on or off in the advanced options.

It seems silly to give you that intel in the top secret level clearance, if they aren't going full on towards that victory condition. The AI seems to haphazardly plod along towards a victory condition.

The concept of competitive AI was the initial idea of Civ5 and it was hated by players a lot. Most players actually prefer "roleplaying" AI and Civ6 does this well.

The concept of a competitive AI has never been tried in the civ series in practice.

Crediting Civ 5 with attempting that is like crediting it with teaching ungulates how to operate heavy machinery. Maybe that idea was in someone's head, but we've still yet to see deer successfully operating a crane. Maybe one day.

And Companies spend millions on Driver-less Cars ?

A Computer controlled Car negotiating City Centre rush hour ? No problem !!

Beating an 11 year old at CIV 6? ... Well, If you let me have double everything you have I may just be able to beat you ??

We are still a long way from seeing true AI...

Top Bottom