would you like to see blood and gore in combat?

Would you like to see blood effects added to combat in FfH?

• Yes, FfH is dark fantasy and bloody combat adhances the atmosphere

Votes: 158 68.4%
  • No, I am too young / I dont think it is necessary / I faint when seeing blood

Votes: 73 31.6%

• Total voters
Where'd you guys hide the option to turn it off?

look in the first post of the Art Team Blog, I have attached a zip to the first post, which will disable the blood.

Also disabling combat animations completely turns off the effect too without any further impedements. And also saves loads of time. (Which is more true the more difficult you play...)

Even though you miss out on seZereth's work then... ;)

I am afraid of performance issues.

But I still like blood.

Just an opinion from my side. What I like to point out is that just like in 'real life', things get implemented because people want to work on it, not because people 'should' work on it. In this case seZereth wanted to work on some extra effects, and he thought blood. No it is not necessary, but yes it adds to atmosphere. The whole fighting animation could also do without the scene of enemies falling to the ground but I have grown used to it and the game would not have the same feeling without it. In fact, now that I think about it, it reminds me of Diablo II. I would even stop the playing for a moment just to see the animation (lightning and such) of a major boss, as a reward. Maybe combat animations serve the same purpose.

I don't mind extra effects, I'm not really impressed with the new blood graphs but I can see myself grow to appreciate it. (I am not 'not impressed' because the new animations dont take the focus, not because you did a bad job SeZereth) BTW maybe skeletons could use a dust or splintering effect in combat.

Edit: edited the double negotiation in last part

I like the blood effects that have been implemented with the latest patch alot! When I first saw them it was like "wowzers", so I am impressed :D

I finally patched up to v and I find that the blood adds to the dark fantasy atmosphere. It's certainly not overdone in my opinion. By contrast and for those of us in the US, there are prime time television shows like CSI, Law & Order, Fringe (coolest show on TV), etc. that can be pretty gruesome.

I haven't even seen it because i have animations off, have to remember to turn them on next time.

Top Bottom