Would you want to know more about Leoreth?

What tv shows do you like?
Frasier? Flying Circus? Garth Marenghi? Futurama? Last Airbender? School Rumble? QI? A Bit of Fry and Laurie?

Any Deutsch ones worth checking out? (rhetorical, there obviously are)

I'm not a friend of classical US sitcoms so Frasier is meh for me. Ones that I actually like: Golden Girls, The Nanny.

I like Monty Python but I never actually deliberately watched through all of Flying Circus. I did with Qi and Fry and Laurie though.

Futurama is great but it's been a while since I've last seen it.

ATLA is one of my absolute favourite shows ever made. Actually I've recently been considering to rewatch it again.

Currently there is no ongoing TV show I'm excited about though. And I also don't watch a lot of German TV shows (at least not serialised narrative ones).

I'm not a friend of classical US sitcoms so Frasier is meh for me. Ones that I actually like: Golden Girls, The Nanny.

I like Monty Python but I never actually deliberately watched through all of Flying Circus. I did with Qi and Fry and Laurie though.

ATLA is one of my absolute favourite shows ever made. Actually I've recently been considering to rewatch it again.

Currently there is no ongoing TV show I'm excited about though. And I also don't watch a lot of German TV shows (at least not serialised narrative ones).
Do you watch anime?

Yes!

My recent favourites are Mob Psycho 100 and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Also I have seen Kimi no Na wa for the first time recently and watched it two times more since then. I really love it.

Beyond that I liked FMA, Haikyuu, Hunter x Hunter, Hyouka, Oofuri, Cowboy Bebop (prefer the English dub here), Psycho Pass, Ghost in the Shell ... mostly the agreed upon good anime.

What do you think of One Piece/One Pace and My Hero Academia?

Really have to get around to watching Hunter X Hunter and Rakugo, I saw the first episode of Rakugo a few months ago after watching Mother's Basement's video and loved it, but I've been too busy with College and Marathoning One Pace with my dad.

Honestly I find One Piece's exaggerated art style offputting. Haven't actually watched it but I don't think I'll overcome that impression.

I think BNHA is good and also rapidly improving in plot, characterisation and animation. But I don't think there's anything special or memorable about it for me yet. Still the best anime from this summer though.

And I also only gave Rakugo a try after the anime blogosphere starting praising it.

Honestly I find One Piece's exaggerated art style offputting. Haven't actually watched it but I don't think I'll overcome that impression.

I think BNHA is good and also rapidly improving in plot, characterisation and animation. But I don't think there's anything special or memorable about it for me yet. Still the best anime from this summer though.

And I also only gave Rakugo a try after the anime blogosphere starting praising it.

One Piece has an absurd artstyle, but the amount of foreshadowing and sad backstories with feelgood conclusions really makes up for it. I've never seen a community so intent on theorizing every aspect of a series. And a few theories have already been confirmed.

If you do watch it however, I suggest you watch One Pace from the end of Enies Lobby on, the original anime has horrible pacing after the climax of that arc and fans had to Dragon Ball Kai the whole thing.

Oh that's good to know. The huge backlog is another problem for me though.

What! Frasier is transcendental! Please consider giving the episode Chess Pains a look at. I know the laugh track is a bit of a distraction, and a bit dating, but beyond that it's an impressively sophisticated sitcom with organic, well-acted gags.

Flying Circus is better in clips, unless your're drunk. Then the whole episode is a masterpiece of absurdity. I think it de-activates the part of the brain that is annoyed by terrible animated intermissions.

ATLA is one of my absolute favorites as well. The artwork, the subtle morals behind the episodes, the plot, Iroh's voice, the psuedo-anime animation in order to exaggerate reactions in the characters... fantastic.

Have you kept up on Rick and Morty? That's ongoing. You're Rick, you know.

Actually I really hope I'm not Rick. You don't want to be Rick.

Haven't watched the latest season yet, it hasn't made it's way to German Netflix yet and I think it's not on Netflix in the US so that's not an option either. Though honestly it is becoming the new MLP for me, where everything I hear from the fandom is turning me off from an otherwise alright show.

No.

What is the PM software you use to keep track of all the to do's for the mod? You once showed a screenshot and it looked really handy. Besides that one, any other you recommend? - I have a personal project (not software related) that requires tons of small tasks that often seem overwhelming

It's called Trello (trello.com), which is free and easily to use and really convenient.

I don't know anything else as good. In my opinion it's better than stuff like JIRA.

What's your favorite civ to play? Rather, what has been your favorite? I imagine, being the creator, you have saturated the normal amount of fun most people have.

That's a tough question. It's not so much that I don't have fun with the game anymore, but my interaction with playing it doesn't really arise out of the desire of just wanting to play it anymore. There is usually always a motivation to test some changes or see if a civ still behaves as intended.

But in general, the thing I have always liked most about RFC is where it forces you to abandon the usual playbook of how to get your civ on the track of self-reinforcing improvement. So I prefer playing historically and for UHVs, and prefer more constrained civs over open sandbox type civs (like your usual Eurocivs). So, maybe Tibet and Polynesia?

But I have also always liked China. It's one of the "strong" civs that still has a very unique experience when going for the UHV, as you need to balance expansion, research and defense against barbarian and Mongol invaders. The goals are pretty restrictive but the civ itself opens a wide set of possible solutions. In some ways it is the best combination of limited options and freedom of play.

Top Bottom