Wow....plus SMAC mod reborn!

Hmm, I kinda like the thought of certain ideologies/political parties/interest groups such as a military Junta (Power/Conquer), Technocrats (Knowledge/Discover), Empaths (Green/Explore) and Plutocrats/Merchants (Wealth/Build) having a "religious" presence in bases, so you can't just change to any SE Value at whim.

However can Holy Cities fit in with this? I guess it could for Technocrats, Empaths and Merchants, but I can't really imagine military Junta liking another military Junta spreading its religious/ideological influence in their faction.

Well, in the case of Power/Conquer, it's not the other faction's junta, it's simply, from exposure, an appreciation of their culture of power. Perhaps their initiations can even have their own Doctrine on the tech tree--in fact, doesn't the Value slider already have its own techs for each?

As for holy building... not sure how to use it at all with this idea. Or Great People.

However can Holy Cities fit in with this? I guess it could for Technocrats, Empaths and Merchants, but I can't really imagine military Junta liking another military Junta spreading its religious/ideological influence in their faction.

Historical Museums? World War Memorials? Holo-Deck VR suites of course. Not only do you need an equivalent for the Holy Cities (created via Great People in the founding city) but also the happiness inducing buildings that can be constructed more liberally (temples, churches, mosques, cathedrals, etc.).

I was going to say the same thing, but was hoping someone else would say something more official sounding. ;)

[unfounded speculation] So its ready now!!!!!?? [/unfounded speculation]

Seriously though youve got me very excited about this one.

Two weeks!
</money pit>

Disclaimer: This is a joke. I have no idea how long before we see something.

We can't wait two weeks! Extradition is on Thursday!

Here's a render shot of a Chaos Copter.

Attachments

• choascopter.jpg
    choascopter.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 182
We're making important progress, caring to use to our advantage some BtS features like unit parts showing up with a promotion. It's a first step toward a well known SMAC feature but it is not achievable in an heartbit (or is this heart beat) .

We're making important progress, caring to use to our advantage some BtS features like unit parts showing up with a promotion. It's a first step toward a well known SMAC feature but it is not achievable in an heartbit (or is this heart beat) .

Hey, don't reveal too many secrets:p
Let's just say we have some very grand things planned, though you won't be able to see much of it in our first release, which will be very soon.(I have learned my lesson when it comes to saying dates):crazyeye:

We are trying to take the best features of SMAC and the best features of CIV4 plus some news ideas in order to make the best SMAC flavored mod possible.

They're talking about a unit workshop btw.

(What? It's not like we're some commercial company trying to create a hype. :p)

Top Bottom