Written in stone quest fail

TLHeart

King
Written in stone, I can complete this quest, then when I improve the tile that the tomb was on, I get notified the quest has failed...

First screen shot is of the completed quest. The tomb was on the desert hill where the marauder is standing.

Spoiler :

Then I move the worker onto the hill and mine it, and get notified that the quest failed.

Spoiler :

saves attached from the notification of the quest 235, the turn I complete the quest, 242, turn the quest fails, 249.

Attachments

• Élodie_TURN 235.CivBESave
    881.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Élodie_TURN 242.CivBESave
    894.3 KB · Views: 306
  • Élodie_TURN 249.CivBESave
    905.5 KB · Views: 270
Not a bug: you shouldn't mine or improve the site.
You need to get a military unit to the tile AND use the special action "Enter Site"

You seem to missunderstand the OP.

He has completed the quest and then failed the quest after it was completed.

Confirmed. Same experience: I completed the quest, but when I improved the tile the Quest Failed message appeared.

I am having a slightly different issue with this quest. My explorer finished the first expedition but then the quest did not fully update (next step text but check box portion blank), and if I try to redo the expedition it says i will fail said quest if i complete the action. I tried to upload screenshots but it didnt like the file format. While this wont have any effect on my current game as I am about to win the emancipation victory, thought I would share.

I had this as well - quest appeared to be successfully completed, but a later tile improvement caused it to "fail".

I am having a slightly different issue with this quest. My explorer finished the first expedition but then the quest did not fully update (next step text but check box portion blank), and if I try to redo the expedition it says i will fail said quest if i complete the action. I tried to upload screenshots but it didnt like the file format. While this wont have any effect on my current game as I am about to win the emancipation victory, thought I would share.

second part of the quest, move a military unit to the ruin, and then a button to the far right to enter the ruin. that will complete it.

second part of the quest, move a military unit to the ruin, and then a button to the far right to enter the ruin. that will complete it.

I saw that earlier in the post and tried it first, it did not however affect quest. I ended up trying to redo the expedition even though it said i would fail the quest but it did not fail the quest, and put a derelict settlement on the tile which was then not able to be to have an expedition built.

I had the same problem. I finished the quest by sending in a unit. I got the added supremacy and science. Units left. There was now just a production icon and miasma. I cleared the miasma. I checked the quests after reading this forum. Sometime during all of those moves I got a "Quest Failed: The Ancient Tomb was removed!" But I didn't remove it, the game did after I finished the quest.

You can also fail the question by moving a military unit to the site to protect it BEFORE sending an explorer.

Top Bottom