• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

WW2-Global

Aloha,

I am still puzzled why I can not capture Toronto, Canberra and Washington DC with their wonders intact (thus trade hubs to North America and Australia). It works fine with the "trade"-Wonders in Indonesia, Moscow, Narvik, London, Corsica ... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is there something special about these cities?

I'd appreciate any help :goodjob:

Drushba

Madycrazy: From your screenshot, it looks like you have things in the wrong place, as Baldurslayer said. A few pages ago I and a couple other people had the same problem when 2.2 version was released; you should go back and find those posts because Rocoteh explained what to do to fix that I think. Also, I am not sure if Rocoteh had the time to update the save game files to 2.2 before he went on hiatus. You need to start the scenario from civcontent area.

Baldurslayer: I had that happen in Rome with my France game. I suspect the trade-enabling feature is tied to an improvement, not the actual wonder. When you fight over cities improvements get lost at random and probably what happens is the harbor or airport or whatever improvement Rocoteh assigned the trade feature to is getting destroyed and thus the ability is lost. I have played around with editing this scenario a few times, but never delved deeply enough to find out if I am right; someone with more experience with the editor could probably confirm this. A fair number of wonders are auto-producing units(Canberra is producing ANZACS I am pretty sure), so they can't do that AND enable the air trade. Maybe with some shuffling around in the editor this could be worked out, but this is a very complicated scenario.

I've put my France game on hiatus because it was getting a little depressing looking at my future unit options, or lack thereof, and watching the Soviets slowly carve up the world. I needed a break to step back and think about how I can possibly stop them. I started a "what-if" as Sweden where they would be an Axis minor ally like Finland(via a Quisling sort of scenario), but realized I would want to monkey around in the editor to make them a full ally since I kept getting into war with Germany over their stupid, stupid mines.:p

So I started a game as UK, which I've never played before, and it is umm, interesting. Just unbelieveable amounts of infrastructore to do, it's just a mountain to climb. This is the first country in this scenario I've played where I actually had choices as to where to put the hidden/forbidden palaces; where do you all think would be best for them to go? I put the hidden in central India, and forbidden in Sydney, but there are certainly other viable locations. Any opinions on that?

I have no where near enough troops, and I know at some point the Soviets are going to get involved, and I am not sure how to get enough troops in India to hold them off. Italy has been rather pathetic, but has only lost 1 Libyan city so far. Naval war has been going well, but the Germans have put surprising amounts of pressure on the Royal Navy in the North Sea. Also, London has been suffering under the blitz; they've killed at least five improvements and a number of population. I finally have built a airfield in the woods to the NW and hopefully the fighters I put there will help sort things out soon. Any fighter I put in London itself don't seem to intercept at all and just get bombed into ruin. Not good! :( I am expecting to have some interesting fights along the channel, and I plan to support France heavily with navy raids and an expeditionary corps if I can cobble one together. It will be interesting to see how long France AI can hold out with such help.

Thanks for your responses but the Error is still there

So maybe i have a failure in my civ-install

1.) install Civ III
2.) install Civ III - Conquest (i think there must be civ III - play the world inside to)
3.) patch civ III - Conquest to 1.22 ( i dont know if i have to patch civ III also)

Download and unzip the files to :

...\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios

so the structure of this Folder is now :

I start the game now with "Civ-Content" and not with "Conquest", hope thats the right way but it doesnt work on both, get allways the same message.

Madycrazy

And sorry, my english isn´t that good so please ignore the main mistakes.

Baldsurslayer -

I had a similar problem in invading Japan and then taking Tokyo and no wonder. I believe the wonders are destroyed on a random basis just like certain other improvements (when you conquer the city). Unfortunate but I see little that can be done.

USA SID v2.2

1942 Report

1941 ended with us holding all of Japan but two citiesand our European Expeditionary Force on the way to an unspecified target.

Week 1 - Peru declares war on Brazil!
Week 6 - After Many high command arguments the decision is made to go directly to France and bypass Spain. It is recognized that this adds up to two weeks to the transatlantic trip but we fear the growing Soviet strength and want to get to the German cities before the Russians.
We take Bordeaux!
We sight HUGE stacks of Spanish units returning to Spain.
Minor German counterattack - they are busy with the Russians
Week 9 - Lyon is taken after huge losses. We are far behind in techs and our 1939 marines and lowly tanks are no match for the German 88s.

Week 10 - We lose over 40 units attempting to take Sapporo in Japan. We need more artillery. Decision made to focus on Europe, Asia will be secondary field of operations.

Week 13 - British land 12 armor near Sapporo, Japan

Week 14 - Marseilles is ours.
British turned back at Sapporo.

Week 15 - Axis and Soviets reach a peace agreement
After British armor is defeated we make another push on Sapporo and we are repulsed again.
First Soviet bomber attack in Japan.

Week 16 - Soviets and Allies reach peace
German counterattack against Lyon

Week 17 - We notice that Russians have taken all the northern Italian cities except the fortified border area. Russians have razed Rome!

Week 18 Brest is ours!
British declare war on Russians

Week 19 Germans major counterattack against Brest

Week 21 - Brazil destroys Peru! (razed two cities)

During these periods we are ferrying units from Boston to Bordeaux. The British have cleared the Atlantic so we run into only an occassional Uboot. We also have a carrier "island" to ferry fighters across. Lots of logistical challenges in keeping our unit number up, especially since we are outmatched in quality.

Week 24 - Thais declare war on British.
Brazil declares war on Chile (may have to watch those Brazilians?)

Week 28 - Japan declares war on Soviets

Week 29 - We take Strasbourg

Week 33 Verdun is ours!
Spain/Portugal peace (missed the war but I noted Lisbon is gone)

Week 34 - Thai/British peace
No, now British declare war again!
Allies reach peace with Russians (any bets how long that lasts?)
Turkey/Russia peace (no action that I can see)

Week 35 - Russians declare war on Norway (big surprise!)

Week 36 - We take Paris and Lille in same week!
Brazil destroys Chile! Reinforcements sent to Panama Canal in case the Brazilians get ideas!

Week 37 - Namur is taken - Looks like we have eaten up much of the German reserves

Week 38 - Soviets declare war on British
We take Brussels and Amsterdam - now we worry about the Russians - Many lines of possible attack require high defenses in almost all European cities which slows our advance
British destroy Thailand - no razing

Week 39 - Rotterdam (We are keeping north - hoping to keep a German buffer between us and the Soviets

Week 41 - Amsterdam
Week 42 - Cologne
First direct engagement wiht Russian units in Europe, we turn back a Red Army armor attack vs Amsterdam
Russians have also taken the Northern route, they have Hamburg and Bremen. Germans still control the center including Berlin
Now it will be interesting!

Week 43 Dusseldorf
Week 44 - Dortmund
Week 45 - British declare war on Brazil We send reserve naval units south
Week 47 - Soviets destroy Persia! They have split the British!
Week 48 - We take Bremen from Soviets - first time we have taken a Red city.
We take Sapporo from Japanese after British took Kushiro.

Week 49 - British declare war on Argentina
Russians/Axis peace
Week 51 - We take Hamburg from the Soviets
Russians have razed Jersualem! (godless commies have destroyed Rome and Jersusalem!)

As the year ends we have secured our position on the continent (17 cities)but face many losses as our technology still lags (currently producing Sherman tanks and just started producing B-24s and P-38s). Germans are down to 11 cities, Italians down to 4 cities, Soviets hold the balance except for Greece.

Russians have taken all of Middle East except Damascus(French) - Turkey remains in starting position.

Japanese totally out of home islands.

On the Asian continent they hold all starting positions plus all CommChinese cities, all Chinese cities except Khotan.

HongKong remains British, French hold Vietnam.

Only one island remains Japanese - Hainan - all others British.

Lots of fun but it will be a grind through Europe until we get these German cities up to production (assuming we can get them!).

Madycrazy: Do you get the EXACT same error mesage each time, or is the message different each time with regard to the unit/item missing? Did you download the pedia file as well? That may be the cause of your problem. You can save the pedia file you have now in some other spot, and then use the scenario pedia file. Try the first page to look for the link to that download.

Edit: It's on the first post of this thread, right near the top.

Aloha,

Just another Problem-update,
Oh thank you Sasebo and Bob1475 for your help! Just out of curiosity I edited the scenario in that way that the cities in question (Toronto, Canberra and Washington DC) were Axis to begin with and guess what - no wonders. :sad:

While in the editor the wonders were present but when starting the game/scenario they were lost.

Some other thing (version 2.2) these special cities do have either an airport or harbour icon next to the city. To my experience this coincides with trade-wonders and it would make sense too.

Hmmm pacifying NY without luxuries :( - this means I'll have to take all of the American continent in order to meet the luxuries demand :lol:

May the almond be with you!

Week 25:
CV Barkhorn sinks a US submarine near the Azores by a carrier based Stuka.

New ships:
BB: Paul Behnke

The US still bomb my cities in the far east. Also I spotted two invasion forces heading to Japan.

Week 26:
The first US invasion fleet consisting of a BB C2 (elite), 2 CA C2 and a TR is sunk by BB Putkamer (H class, sunk BB), Bredow (Gneisenau 2) and U 2500 (XXI). The latter sank the TR and the last CA C2 and is now elite.
The other force is consisting of an Iowa class BB, 2 BBC2 and a TR. I have another wolfpack of 21 units near. It is clear I will have to sink the Iowa - but how many losses? 16 boats. But now all enemy ships are on eternal patrol.

PC turn:
I think the AI cheats! I sent a DD to attack a US CVE which sent planes to bomb Abijan and although it is impossible to see me the AI knows it and bombs it! Or my BB passing the Bering Strait. However I can report that one enemy bomber is destroyed over Kichinga by a He 219.

Adler

Re Trade : I was under the impression that trade was tied
to airports, which are *not* protected when a city is
taken.

I started a 2.0 "what if" game as Germany. What I did was make Germany "Alliance 3" by itself (making the Soviets unaligned), but with the same locked wars as the rest of the Axis. Using Romanian and Hungarian infantry, I built a fence around Italy, to keep their units out of my territory until I was ready to deal with them. I took out Denmark and the Low Countries, but stopped after capturing Paris. In the East, I took out Poland, then
Yugoslavia. On the AI turn after I captured Belgrade, the Russians demanded 60 gold. I refused, and they declared war. I spent most of 1940 plowing my way through the SU,
signing peace after conquering everyting up to a N/S line running through Irkutsk. I then turned my attention south,
and took out Persia, then the Arabian Peninsula and British India.

In the West, I had just defended, but then the French
conquered Milan and Venice, and Vienna (!!). This could
not go unpunished, so I took out the rest of France and Spain on the continent.

At sea, I have fought defensively; destroying task forces
that have tried to bombard in the Hamburg area. For the
last 6 months or so, I have seen little of the Royal Navy or
the US navy.

I'm now up to week 51 in 1940, and have just taken
the cities in Egypt. Next up is to conquer Africa, then the
Mediterranean islands, Italy, and Scandanavia. At which
point I will declare victory.

Week 27:
Before giving a OoB of the powers of the world I will at first fight the enemy a bit.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
The He 177 do not have a lethal sea bombardment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have damaged the ships heavily but can´t sink them! Although I lost three of the big planes!!!!
A bad bug!
15 uboats lost by attacking a convoy unit off Boston, because it was guarded by an Iowa class BB.

Order of battle:

Germany:
Heer:
8 paratrooper
1 cavalry
15 mobile artillery
7 rocket artillery
2 V1 cruise missiles
1 V2 missile
14 PzKw IV H
30 German army HQ
1 Flamethrower
107 German infantry
219 PzKw V Panther
116 PzKw IV F2
6 PzKw II
4 PzKw III E
3 fortress
18 PzKw VI E Königstiger
8 SS infantry
17 Jagdpanther
100 German 88
12 Slowakian inf
12 German security divisions
2 heavy artillery
37 garrisons
2 light divisions
53 Panzergrenadiere
71 PzKw VI Tiger I
25 StuG III G
27 special fortress
222 PzKw III G
1 German army artillery brigade
34 Hungarian inf
41 Rumanian inf
22 Bulgarian inf

Luftwaffe:
19 He 219
8 Hs 129
9 Do 17
305 Ju 87 B
23 He 177
1 Me 410
11 Ju 188 B
36 He 111
14 Me 110
144 Me 109
68 Ju 88
21 transport planes
3 Me 262
151 FW 190

Kriegsmarine:
75 BB Hindenburg class
51 BB Bismarck class
7 BB Scharnhorst I class
1 BB Scharnhorst II class
4 BC Deutschland class
2 BB Deutschland class (Predreadnought)
71 CV C3
3 CV C2
15 CVE
8 CA C2
1 CL C2
7 CL
1 CLAA
23 DD 1941
68 DD Germany 1939
12 DD 1939
49 SS XXI
86 SS IX
210 SS VII
1 SS
28 SC
3 PF
109 TR
1 special TR
34 Minefields
11 Marines

Japan:
Army:
1 paratrooper
20 mobile artillery
1 artillery
623 Japanese infantry
183 type 97 tanks
56 type 95
16 heavy artillery
13 Chinese infantry
39 special fortress
43 Japanese militia divisions
13 FlaK

Air Force:
2 Betty
11 Kate
37 Nate
14 Val
4 Paratrooper planes
18 Zero

Navy:
49 Yamato class BB
3 BB C2
3 BB
8 CV Shokaku class CV
1 CA (Furutaka)
25 DD 1939
1 SS Otsu
17 TR
2 Marines SNLF

Britain:
Army:
4 Cavalry
1 mobile artillery
2 British tank brigades
1 Indian infantry
17 infantry 1939
22 tanks Cruiser Mk I
258 Matilda 2
40 Valentine
25 cruiser Mk IV
45 crusader
1 British commando
50 British militia
4 garrison
2 FlaK
2 special fortress
2 ANZAC infantry
113 British infantry 1943
9 Canadian infantry

Royal Air force:
2 Beaufighter
1 Seafire
1 Mosquito
38 typhoon
30 Skua
4 Whitley
5 Hurricane
155 Spitfire
6 paratrooper planes

Royal Navy:
6 CL
3 WW1 DD
3 TR

USA
US Army:
6 paratroopers
11 cavalry
8 artillery
186 infantry 1939
31 M 4 Shermans
25 M2A2
34 M3 Lee/Grant
17 M3A1 Stuart
40 M5A1 Stuart 6 (I think here is the next bug or is it intentional that this tank has 3 movement points?)
120 M 10
6 US paratrooper
20 heavy artillery
23 US heavy artillery
9 garrison
10 FlaK
330 US infantry 1943

US Air force:
11 fighter
15 F4F Wildcat
3 P 51 Mustang
4 paratrooper planes
1 B 17 G
53 F2A Buffalo
13 SBD Dauntless
6 B 29
4 TBD Avenger
3 B 25
1 recon plane

US Navy:
5 BB C2
1 CVE
9 CA C2
5 Convoys
1 TR
6 Marines 1939
304 Marines 1942

The US have only a marginal fleet. Even worse the British Royal Navy. However both have strong armies and both have significant air forces.
Japan is building more offensive units and has improved its situation. However the fight by invading the US will be interesting. But I doubt I will be able to do so in this year.
Also I will now abandon the construction of ships, except for the Pacific (at first at least) and the type XXI Uboats. I do not need more ships.

Global situation:
Soon I will control total Australia. I have already whole Africa, Europe (except Italy and Finland). And except Hawaii, parts of Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia there are no enemies left outside America.
On America The US captured a line Quito- Manaus. However the rest of the Brazilian cities was razed except Sao Paulo, Rio and Recife. Also some Peruvian and Argentinian towns were razed. Here is this very problematic.

Also I suggest to give the artillery units lethal land back as the existence of fortresses is otherwise too bad, especially if you want to take a city mostly intact.

New ships:
BB: Trotha, Dohna- Schlodien

PC turn:
A US convoy appeared in the Torres strait. Also the US convoy at the Cape of Good Hope retreated. I did not sink them but I pushed them back. Well, better than nothing.
Also 2 US bomber came through the defences- but two other were detroyed (by 1 Me 109 and 1 He 219). And a Me 109 shot down. However I think I can soon control the situation here.

Adler

goodsmell said:
Rocoteh, I thought about some change for starting with the US , maybe I'm wrong but I'll try anyway ..

When starting with USA, the year is 1939 and as I know ( maybe I'm wrong ) the US army got into war after the Japanese heavy attacked Pearl Harbor , It was 1941 and then they got into the war after Returning-Fire on the Japenese, because of this they had war with their alliances . what I mean is that USA enter to the WWII in 1941 , so it'll be more interesting if the start with USA will be at 1941 ( with conquered european cities by the germans of course ) .

Tell me if I wrong ( sorry again , my english is'nt that good )

no one answered , I guess ignored or missed that message .
please look at this now :mischief:

oO Okay I got it , did'nt know that it's impossible to change date of start for one country specifical .

Balduslayer et al

I (US) have taken numerous French cities with trade wonders and they work so either we have a bug with certain cities or they are just randomly destroyed. The interesting thing is that I remember taking Tokyo and getting the "wonder captured" message. Perhaps they are tied to the civ but then why would the French work for me?

More reports on trade wonder cities capture would help to determine if they are subject to random destruction or if certain cities are bugs.

Guys , did anybody finish the scenario till' 1945 ?
It's interesting , there are 281 pages of replies and reports ..
I'm curious to know how the scenario finished etc.

Week 28:
Nothing happened, except bombing runs in the Far East and on Abijan. In the Far East a FW 190 was successfully downing a US B 29, but another was downed by a US plane. 2 of the B 29 made successful bombin runs. Also Port Moresby is taken by the US.
Bad luck for the Japanese, but I have a landing force relative near.

Week 29:
The US squadron, which was just successful in taking Port Moresby is sunk by my bombers with the loss of two planes.
Carrier battle in the Gulf of Guinea: The US CVE bombing Abijan with his bombers was sunk by my fleet, which was sent to guard South Africa.
At last I took Brisbane with my Panzer.

PC turn:
Nothing to report, except two bombing runs. However as I suppose to be on the unit limit, I have over 3.000 units now, I decided to launch operation Mammut, landing in the US, in three turns, I mean the start of the TR.

Week 30:
Newcastle and Melbourne fell in Australia. The Spitfire guarding Canberra is also downed by a Me 109 (which was elite and is down to 2 HP).

PC turn:
I lost a FW to a US B 29 bomber- but they lost 3 of them to my Me 109. I think now I have decided that action in the sky. Also a US BB C2 was spotted off the Aleutes by my Uboats.

Week 31 part 1:
This ship is sunk by my H class BB Ernst Jünger, which is now slightly damaged and elite.
I took Canberra and Sydney. I have now Australia nearly completely taken except Alice Springs. Although two Japanese tanks and infantry are on the way I doubt they can take the city before my Panzer arrive.
Also Hobart was bombed, destroying a few infantry and CL and a TR there. The Royal Navy has now only 8 ships left: 3 CL, 3 WW1 DD, 2 TR.

Adler

I attempted to download now three different times. I did manage to get the 30-sec, if that, download completed but the large one will not get past 91%. I don't know why this is so. Anyone offer any help?
The path is correct. The game is fully updated, this shouldn't be a problem though seeing as I can't get it fully downloaded from the host. Maybe there is a probem with the host's file? I don't know why I would have any issues with this.

You've disconnected from your internet ? or the download stops on 91% ?

If the download stops on 91percent , try to download through DownloadMaster or some Downloading software.

goodsmell said:
Guys , did anybody finish the scenario till' 1945 ?
It's interesting , there are 281 pages of replies and reports ..
I'm curious to know how the scenario finished etc.
Aloha,

I usually adapt the starting situation a bit (deity game), the latest game did end very late 1942 due to the lowered victory conditions in 2.2 (60% I think) In version 2.1 the victory conditions were set at 70% each so that would take "a bit ;) " longer. I did play as the Germans which are easier to play to begin with though.

Drushba

Week 31, PC turn: Nothing happens.

Week 32:
Alice Springs and Hobart taken, therefore Australia is completely mine. Also landing near Port Moresby, but since the US have there 8 marines I do not dare to attacl with my Panzer until air support is available.

New BB: Karl von Müller

PC turn:
First battle of German and US land forces near Port Moresby. My Panzer in the Mountain nearby were attacked. 5:2 ended the battle- for me. They have lost many units in this brave attack- too many I fear. Also the US convoy from South Africa landed one tile next to my fleet intercepting them.

Week 33:
The US convoy is sunk.
Nothing else, also in the PC turn.

Adler

Top Bottom