WW2-Global

CellKu said:
Great, it is finally out. :goodjob: A wonderful Christman present. ;)
I will download it as soon as I am back home. The screenies look really awesome. It was worth waiting for it!! :)
CellKu

CellKu,

Thank you.
I am looking forward to playtest-reports and comments.

Rocoteh

Saved games for all playable Civs have now been uploaded
at Post: 3, 9 and 10.

This scenario looks great, and I'd love to try it out, but when I try to download it from the site, it says the zip is invalid or corrupted. Is there a problem with the file or the site? If with the site, is there another way I could get this?

Again, it looks really good, just wish I could play!

shortej said:
This scenario looks great, and I'd love to try it out, but when I try to download it from the site, it says the zip is invalid or corrupted. Is there a problem with the file or the site? If with the site, is there another way I could get this?

shortej,

Can you clarify? Do you have trouble with the "huge" download (94,4 MB)
or the biq-file?
Can you quote some lines from the message you get?

Rocoteh

shortej said:

Have you used any download manager program? At least the DAP seems to corrupt the files...before starting the download with DAP I noticed the file in the pathline was "named" as a large number, usually a save predictor the file will get messed up if you download it.Maybe it is because of the zip. format, maybe bacause of the site, maybe because of DAP.Luckily I have DSL now and was able to download it regular within 20 min.

Loading was in about an hour, as Rocoteh said.Before starting to play (I have choosen France to see if I'm able to hold against Germany) I browsed the Civilopedia to get familar with units etc. I experienced a crash with error message when selecting some Governments (not sure if it crashes for all of them, but a least for some there are not icons displayed and there is a pediaicon problem) :

Missing entry in "Scenarios\WW2Global\text\pediaicons.txt":_LARGE

Pfeffersack said:
Have you used any download manager program? At least the DAP seems to corrupt the files...before starting the download with DAP I noticed the file in the pathline was "named" as a large number, usually a save predictor the file will get messed up if you download it.Maybe it is because of the zip. format, maybe bacause of the site, maybe because of DAP.Luckily I have DSL now and was able to download it regular within 20 min.

Loading was in about an hour, as Rocoteh said.Before starting to play (I have choosen France to see if I'm able to hold against Germany) I browsed the Civilopedia to get familar with units etc. I experienced a crash with error message when selecting some Governments (not sure if it crashes for all of them, but a least for some there are not icons displayed and there is a pediaicon problem) :

Missing entry in "Scenarios\WW2Global\text\pediaicons.txt":_LARGE

Pfeffersack,

Thank you for the info. Notes have been taken.

It will be very interesting to hear if France can hold against Germany.

Rocoteh

Saved games for all playable Civs now available at Post 3, 9, 10.

WOW!!! :eek:

I've never seen anything like this...
Must try it as soon as I reinstall C3C (after a format)!

And Thx very much for the creator of such a large scenario!

Have you slept?!?

PS: Portugal is not represented at all. Sorry but I can't give 20 to a scenario with that messy peninsula Iberica ;)

Portuguese said:
WOW!!! :eek:

I've never seen anything like this...
Must try it as soon as I reinstall C3C (after a format)!

And Thx very much for the creator of such a large scenario!

Have you slept?!?

PS: Portugal is not represented at all. Sorry but I can't give 20 to a scenario with that messy peninsula Iberica ;)

Portuguese,

Thank you.

Not much sleeping the last 2 months :)
Many hours of research and many hours of bug-hunting.

In fact Portugal (and its navy) is represented.

I hope you will like the scenario.

When it comes to Order of Battle I think it can match most
commercial games on same subject.

Rocoteh

I got rid of my download manager, but the problem remains. I wish I had DSL...

Can you clarify? Do you have trouble with the "huge" download (94,4 MB)
or the biq-file?
Can you quote some lines from the message you get?

The problem is with the huge dowload. I click on yor link to 3D Downloads, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click Start Download. Then, I get a message saying "The Compressed (zippped) Folder is invalid or corrupted." I click OK, and I go back to the top of the screen and a small window opens, which I believe should have a message telling me to wait five minutes for the download to start, but instead it is just blank.

This looks really good from what I can see in your pictures and the .biq file. And, judging from other scenarios I've played by you, I'm sure this one is amazing! I just wish I could download it...

shortej said:

The problem is with the huge dowload. I click on yor link to 3D Downloads, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click Start Download. Then, I get a message saying "The Compressed (zippped) Folder is invalid or corrupted." I click OK, and I go back to the top of the screen and a small window opens, which I believe should have a message telling me to wait five minutes for the download to start, but instead it is just blank.

This looks really good from what I can see in your pictures and the .biq file. And, judging from other scenarios I've played by you, I'm sure this one is amazing! I just wish I could download it...

shortej,

I wish I could help you. However I have no solution.
I hope that someone who read this can solve the problem

Rocoteh

shortej said:

i've seen this error before in my AoI thread.

i know that these same error messages popped up and the last portion of the DL (the Text folder, specifically, the PediaIcons.txt file) wasn't being DL'ed properly. i'm not sure why. my AoI DL is in win.rar format.

i simply emailed the PediaIcons.txt file to the fella and he said it worked.

do the error messages say which files are missing and/or corrupt?

Im now downloading this game, i really loved barbarossa, hope this will do the same for me.

*sigh*

Shortly after typing a post thanking you, Pfeffersack and El Justo for your help, I decided to try one last time before giving up on the download for a few days. Guess what? It worked.

I'm downloading the scenario now, and can't wait to play it tonight (assuming the download finishishes in the next six hours).

Thanks for the work you put into this, Rocoteh. It will be very fun to play. I plan on playing as the Americans, liberating France, and, after subduing the axis, taking the fight to the Russians.

Long live democracy!

Kessel said:
Im now downloading this game, i really loved barbarossa, hope this will do the same for me.

Kessel,

I am glad to hear that and I hope you will be back with
comments and first impressions of the scenario.

Rocoteh

shortej said:
*sigh*

Shortly after typing a post thanking you, Pfeffersack and El Justo for your help, I decided to try one last time before giving up on the download for a few days. Guess what? It worked.

I'm downloading the scenario now, and can't wait to play it tonight (assuming the download finishishes in the next six hours).

Thanks for the work you put into this, Rocoteh. It will be very fun to play. I plan on playing as the Americans, liberating France, and, after subduing the axis, taking the fight to the Russians.

Long live democracy!

shortej,

That was very good news.

I am looking forward to hear from you in the future.

Rocoteh

I started playing as the germans and i'm really impressed by what u've done. however, it's just too easy to win as the germans. at the first turn, i conquered poland, dutch and denmark. next turn i got to paris and so on.... It would balance the scenario if u decrease the number of german infantry, so they couldn't take dutch at the first turn. but otherwise it's great jog :thumbsup:

andis-1 said:
I started playing as the germans and i'm really impressed by what u've done. however, it's just too easy to win as the germans. at the first turn, i conquered poland, dutch and denmark. next turn i got to paris and so on.... It would balance the scenario if u decrease the number of german infantry, so they couldn't take dutch at the first turn. but otherwise it's great jog :thumbsup:

andis-1,

Thank you.

Yes, I appreciate as many playtest-reports as possible
so I can see in what direction to balance the scenario.
So far all reports indicates that is to easy to play Germany.

Rocoteh

Rocoteh,

As I was unable to start the scenario from the setup screen (I have a 2.53 GHZ with 512 MB RAM, but too long time waiting and finally CTRL + ALT + DEL...), I loaded your saved game for Germany. Wow ! I was very impressed !

But I noticed that your save is in Regent level. Could you provide a save at Monarch/Emperor level too ? Otherwise, I'm affraid that winning with Germany would be very easy.

Thanks and ..... great job :goodjob:

astrologix said:
Rocoteh,

As I was unable to start the scenario from the setup screen (I have a 2.53 GHZ with 512 MB RAM, but too long time waiting and finally CTRL + ALT + DEL...), I loaded your saved game for Germany. Wow ! I was very impressed !

But I noticed that your save is in Regent level. Could you provide a save at Monarch/Emperor level too ? Otherwise, I'm affraid that winning with Germany would be very easy.

Thanks and ..... great job :goodjob:

astrologix,

Thank you.

Yes, that is an very good idea. I will make saves on
higher level than the current one. There will be info here when
the new saves have been uploaded.

Rocoteh

Edit: New saves for Germany, Soviet and Britain at Emperor level
now available at Post 9.

Top Bottom