• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

WW2-Global

Ok then I will have to make a patch then by finding and downloading the units terrain, leader heads graphics.
If someone could help me in this it would be much appreciated.

BTW I have the barbarossa scenario.
And I have a collection of units.
I need help to find the following units used in this scenario.
PRTO_Gato PRTO_1939DD PRTO_Battleship PRTO_French_Infantry PRTO_CruiserMk1 PRTO_S35 PRTO_GArtB PRTO_LightCruiser
The U boats PRTO_88 PRTO_Pz2 PRTO_M2A2 PRTO_G-50Freccia
PRTO_Blenheim PRTO_Skua PRTO_Matilda2 PRTO_Re-2000 PRTO_M-36Jackson
PRTO_Crusader PRTO_G4M PRTO_Lancaster PRTO_M-24Chaffee PRTO_He-177
PRTO_George PRTO_Mig3 PRTO_Hart PRTO_203mm PRTO_CVE
PRTO_Cruiser PRTO_Hood PRTO_Gneisenau PRTO_Lutzow PRTO_Shokaku PRTO_Ki-84 PRTO_Do-17 PRTO_He-219 PRTO_Hindenburg PRTO_Eboat
PRTO_Otsu

Also the PediaIcons.txt is needed.
Anyone please send me a few of the units 1-5 at a time.
Send files to robert01history@yahoo.com.
As I get the units I will remove units from this list.

When my patch is done I will play-test this thing as the USA.
[BTW the map looks really good cant wait to play.]
Thank you all in advance for your help.

man how about get the pediatext first and see if that solves the problem, then get the 2.4 biq file, I would help you man but seriously thats alot that your asking.

I can put the pedia icons and the simple stuff in a zip for you and post it but thats as far as I go.

EDIT:
By the way, try posting the actual problem and not just stating that you have a problem. Its kinda hard to diagnos someone with a disease if they just say they have a problem. A lot more info would be great, LIKE did you download the ENTIRE file from 3Ddownloads? just simple stuff like that is easy to overlook.

By the way guys...its party time for me cuz its my B-day now ahahah I just realised it!

Attachments

• Text.zip
    213.6 KB · Views: 65
Thanks if everyone in the WW2 global community helps a little in no time my patch will work and you will have 1 more person helping with this scenario.

Look at posts #6466 & #6473.

Germany 2.4
Week 39 1939.

Misc.
We move a large army group into the forest west of Lille & North of Verdun.
We sink 3 French heavy cruisers lost 2 bombers.
We sink 1 British battleship & 3 Norway coastal defense ships off Norway 0 losses.
We sink 2 British Carriers off London 0 losses.

French counter "attack"
France sends an army NW of Namur.
4 Infantry 1 cavalry 2 Flak.

We lose the Admiral Scheer to a US battleship.

Week 40 1939.

Blitzkrieg in France.
We destroy the French army NW of Namur. Lille falls to our forces.

Week 41 1939.
Blitzkrieg in France.
Verdun falls. We prepare to attack Paris next turn.

Kriegsmarine.
U boats & Graf spee sink 4 US Heavy Cruisers. We sink 2 British Heavy Cruisers & 1 Transport we lose 1 U boat.
[I spot the battleship Texas off Newfoundland half destroyed how did it get damaged I did not attack it.]

Week 42 1939.
Blitzkrieg in France.
We take Paris with the loss of 1 MOT INF DIV.

We sink 1 British battle cruiser & 3 heavy cruisers and lose 1 U boat.

French counter attack.
The French recapture Verdun with tanks we lose 3 inf div and 1 88.

P.S. I will be very busy the next week and will not be able to play test for some time.

P.S.P.S. Robert01 good luck with your patch I am sure the CFC members will help you they are all very nice people.

Bob1475,

Thank you for the report.

"Week 6 1941

No, you did not miss earlier reports. I have just conquered Turkey which is the beginning of the rise of the Red Army. Early work was on infrastructure and basic defense. In April 1940 Japan declared war and I foolishly attacked Betsamo and Bucharest. Not that it was a bad idea, I had units prepositioned and I wanted Betsamo to clear the way for a Scandanavian attack in the future and I wanted Bucharest to try and get to Yugoslavia. I actually took both these cities and held off the Germans who were still working on the French. The problem is that I did not take the Japanese seriously. They surprisingly brough a blitzkrieg of about 10 tanks against Bulgan and took it quickly. I did not respond fast enough and they followed up by razing two of cities in central Asia. I sued for peace once I made my objectives. All in all not a bad trade."
Bob1475

I am very surprised by the strong respons from Japan-AI.

"From that point I beefed up defenses as I gained Land 1940 and built up tanks. Satisfied that I could hold off the Germans for a while I rushed some transports and attacked Turkey at the end of 1940, it fell rather easily."
Bob1475

Turkey will seldom survive long when a human plays Soviet.

"The Germans have all of continental France (but razed two cities) and of course Poland and the low countries."
Bob1475

Which cities did AI raze?

"The Japanese are doing much better this game, perhaps because I am not Germany constantly drawing their attention to the Soviets. In any event they have reached Hanoi in an impressive march South. They took Manila, Guam and Saipan but not Davao and the Americans took Taipei. The American have also taken Caligari - they love that place!"
Bob1475

For sure that is true.

"Options -

1. Take on the Axis in Europe to get some excellent production cities. (Connection via Turkey allows for pincer attack on Sofia. No doubt it would be bloody and the Japanesse would be annoying in the East (maybe more than annoying given their strength)

2. Gobble up some neutral to build more strength - Yugoslavia, Norway, Greece, Communist China, Sweden. While we will grow we will not hurt the Axis or Allies.

3. Attack Persia, this splits the British and provides options to go East or West.

4. Take on the Japenese in northern China - probably easier than Europe but our trans-Siberian railway is 24 months away and we could get caught choosing between fronts.

I lean towards #3 as the British need to be bloodied and they will be pressed by the Japanese at the same time."
Bob1475

Agree. That should be the best way to go.

Thank you for the report and welcome back.

Rocoteh

Equuleus,

Thank you for the report.

"French counter "attack"
France sends an army NW of Namur.
4 Infantry 1 cavalry 2 Flak.

We lose the Admiral Scheer to a US battleship.

Week 40 1939.

Blitzkrieg in France.
We destroy the French army NW of Namur. Lille falls to our forces.

Week 41 1939.
Blitzkrieg in France.
Verdun falls. We prepare to attack Paris next turn."
Equuleus

A very good start for your playtest!

"French counter attack.
The French recapture Verdun with tanks we lose 3 inf div and 1 88."
Equuleus

I guess the Battle for France soon will be over.

"P.S. I will be very busy the next week and will not be able to play test for some time."
Equuleus

I see. Welcome back with more reports when you have time for more playtesting.

Rocoteh

Recoteh what nation do you need to be play tested?
I will start 1 as soon as my patch is done ETA 1 week if I get 5 units per day via E mail

Maybe instead of a patch someone can Email me the big file in 10mb pieces via email.I think that would be best.Equuleus said you are all good people so can a Good Samaritan please help me?

What I ask is that someone send me the big file in 10 mb pieces via E mail.
robert01history@yahoo.com.

I will be VERY grateful to whoever helps me thank you all and God bless.

Bob1475,

Japan-AI is really a problem. Seldom it will deliver good play.

Rocoteh
Rocoteh I opened up the scenario editor and seen that the Japan AI was still set at the lowest aggression level. In version 2.3 I did a test and moved there aggression level up 1 and noticed they were being more aggressive.if you want i can do another test with 2.4 with there aggression level raised by 1 or what ever you think would be best to try and give you a report on my findings. I can use the diplomacy tool I downloaded from this site to remove the fog of war and see exactly whats going on with the AI its a very handy tool but its slow going because you see everything thats going on with all civs and turn times are slow.awaiting your reply.

dferril - All Civs are on lowest agression level. In general I think this is right because of adverse effects of too many units being wasted early. However, it might be an interesting test with Germany, UK and Japan.

I note that German AI rarely moves beyond Poland, France and the low countries. This is disastrous because sooner or later Soviet Russia comes for them. They start with the best units and continuous war is the only option to win.

Japan needs to strike hard at the US and China, however they may destroy too many of their units early. Worth a test though.

UK is borderline. They NEVER make a landing on Europe although that relates more to the weakness of the AI. However, it would be intereting if they hit Spain. On the other hand they start with weak armor.

Rocoteh - If you would like I would test various combinations. Let us know.

Soviet Russia Demi v. 2.4

Week 23 1941

I took the Persia option and just completed conquering Persia - took about 14weeks. Persia opposition was meaningless. Heavy Allied bombings slowed things along with British infantry counterattacks from India and minor armor/cavalry counterattacks from the East. After securing all cities sued for peace and gave incense to the British to gain it.

The global map now shows a big red spot in teh center of asia ranging from the Arctic to the Gulf - much nicer than the annoying pink.

So, once again we are at a decision point but I have given some of it away when I went for peace with the British. The Japanese stopped making progress, perhaps because they choose another war with us which went nowhere. I was careful this time and did not attack their territory so no war with the Axis broke out and of course, I had enough units to handle their attacks.

I want the Japanese to keep the British occupied. They make some more progress but sooner or later the Americans will show up. In fact the
Americans have taken Saipan and Guam but lost Taipei. So things are heating up in the Pacific. (note that the Japanese have Palembang and Benjamarsin so they have been active).

Options -

1. Continue with the British - East to Africa or West to India. I don't think so because they are not a real threat.

2. Attack the Japanese - Again, not a real threat.

3. Take out some more neutrals - easy but perhaps a distraction.

4. Attack Germany - will be bloody they have been building units for a year.

5. Attack USA - not ready for that.

Conclusion - Attack east in Europe - intermediate goal -Budapest, Sofia, Bucharest and Iasi. Obviously we will have to tangle with panzers and the Luftwaffe. Goal is to run down their inventory while we secure the northern and southern flanks.
Continue holding actions vs Japanese, take out Communist Chinese cities to gain better position and secure lines in Asia.
Peace with Axis will be decided upon situation after these goals are reached.

dferril - All Civs are on lowest agression level. In general I think this is right because of adverse effects of too many units being wasted early. However, it might be an interesting test with Germany, UK and Japan.

I note that German AI rarely moves beyond Poland, France and the low countries. This is disastrous because sooner or later Soviet Russia comes for them. They start with the best units and continuous war is the only option to win.

Japan needs to strike hard at the US and China, however they may destroy too many of their units early. Worth a test though.

UK is borderline. They NEVER make a landing on Europe although that relates more to the weakness of the AI. However, it would be intereting if they hit Spain. On the other hand they start with weak armor.

Rocoteh - If you would like I would test various combinations. Let us know.
I play Japan in this scenario for the most part last couple of versions and i think it wont be a problem that they would lose to many units early there only threat is China and communist China early there infantry and tank units dont present a problem to Japan there infantry and tank units are much weaker then Japans.The only threat Britain threatens early Is Truk and only a few infantry and tank units but not enough to be a threat early.The only real threat is the US in the beginning and thats mostly naval.which they do anyhow with the current settings.Whatever settings Rocoteh has for the US toward Japan is working even though US AI aggression level settings are the same but they send allmost there entire pacific fleet to attack Japan right from the start in viewing them with the fog of war off. However Japan does not. Japan sent about 6 destroyers toward the US and nothing else that ive seen with the fog of war off.Completed 1 turn and thats what i observed so far.Most of Japans fleet is moving south im assuming toward the islands Manilla, Guam, Daveo etc.but ive only got 1 turn in.Im playing Argentina and going to try and remain neutral so i can observe without effecting the outcome.I have changed Japans AI aggression level to the max everyone elses is unchanged. Will update later if Rocoteh wishes for me to continue with this Japan AI aggression test.

Now for a brief summary of my game.

Italy - Sid - v2.4

I started the game with the hopes of forming a New Roman Empire, one that would eventually incorporate places like North Africa, Spain, Southern France, Yugoslavia, Greece, and Egypt.

And in the beginning, things seemed to be going my way.

I started out by industrializing the major cities including: Rome, Milan, Torino, and Bologna. During this time I also dealed with Germany and the Soviet Union, getting rubber from Germany and oil from Russia.

After they finished with factories, coal plants, hydro plants, manufacturing plants, and barracks, my cities began producing mountain infantry and heavy artillery. My supply of oil had been cut, though, before I could begin producing M. 11s, by a war stated by Japan.
The initial war plans were to capture Marseilles with large numbers of heavy artillery supporting my limited, mediocre, infantry.

During this time, my fleets were engaging the French fleet in limited sea battles, which resulted in the loss of a large number of French battleships and one or two of my supremely valuable battleships.

Nearing the end of 1939, I launched the attack on Marseilles, which was met with great success. After only two turns of siege, it fell to Italian Armed Forces. My next target in France was Toulouse.

After waiting for a couple more mountain infantry, my forces took the small city, giving The Italian Empire complete control over southern France.
It was at this point, in late 1939 and early 1940, that I noticed the oil and rubber supplies that could be brought under my control if Bordeaux and Lyon were captured. Taking these cities would alleviate the necessity to pay the Germans for their rubber, and the Russians for their oil (and since wars were quite common between the axis and Russia, their oil was often off limits).

And it was during the siege of Bordeaux that the greatest blow of the war came to Italy.

You see, my fleet had been stationed in Sardinia(Cagliari), from which it harassed the French and British. And I assumed that the city was safe from allied landings. But apparently I underestimated the AI, because the Americans and British launched a coinciding invasion of the city.
After being weakened by British marines, the Americans came through and took the city, and every ship in my fleet was destroyed, including my two remaining battleships.

I yelled, I screamed, I slammed my fists on my computer desk. I considered quitting. But some force within me prevailed. If I can just take Bordeaux then I may be able to rebuild my fleet, and build a tank force to exact my vengeance upon the allies! And take Bordeaux I did.
The next target of my then veteran ground forces was Lyon. With its capture,
The Italian Empire would be independent from German rubber.

After several turns of siege, Lyon became yet another city within the ever-growing Italian Empire.

At that point, it was about week 22, 1940. And I was ready to get my feet wet again. So I built a couple transports, and sent a fairly large invasion force to Corsica, to remove the French. The actual taking of this city went off without a hitch, but I had again underestimated the AI. The week after taking Corsica, I rushed an army over to Sardinia(Cagliari). The next turn, the British and Americans crushed all my forces that I had left in Corsica, save for one heavy artillery, with an amphibious assault.

This meant that the invasion of Sardinia could not happen, so I withdrew the men I had sent there, as well as the one remaining artillery unit in Corsica.

So now the Americans were in control of both Corsica and Sardinia. Great, so now instead of having a weakened, destroyed France in control of the island the supremely powerful Americans were in control.

This defeat kept me out of the water for a good time. And so I looked eastward, to the Balkans. My plan was to take over Yugoslavia, connecting Albania(Tirana) to the rest of the empire by land, then move south into Greece.
The war started around week 34, 1940, and my armies met little resistance. In short order, Zagreb and Belgrade fell. When many of my forces were moved to positions surrounding Dubrovnik, the British landed a force of six units (One Canadian infantry and the rest Cruiser Mk (?)) one tile west of Belgrade. This forced me to pull my units out of what remained of Yugoslavia to protect my newly conquered territories from the British.
That delayed the taking of Dubrovnik by a week or two, but that city fell to my soldiers soon enough, and Yugoslavia was no more.

After the war with Yugoslavia, I rested for a bit, and built up some flack AA protection in Rome and Palermo and generally expanded the armed forces (I had not even attempted to rebuild the fleet). Some time in here, about week 45, 1940, the British declared war on Greece (sub bug). This, of course, forced all of her allies into the war as well.
The Greeks sent about 13 infantry through my territory to who-knows-where to attack some allied cities, and I took advantage of the situation to destroy their army.
With their army neutralized, I went on to Athens. My soldiers crossed the borders of Greece on week 52, 1940 (I'll say Christmas Eve). And although this force suffered from the bombardment of the newly created Lancaster bomber, they took Athens on the second week of 1941. Since the Americans had taken over Crete, Greece was dissolved as an individual entity.
Around here, the British landed another force of two Matilda 2s, and four British infantry 1939. They were dealt with in short order, and Yugoslavia was, once again, safe.
And this is where I am now. Week 2, 1941.

The AI in this game seem particularly active when it comes to amphibious landings. I don't know what it is, but something is compelling them to launch amphibious assaults.
Another thing of note is that the British have built 42 King George V battleships. Perhaps an increase in price is needed? I mean, 42 battleships created in less than two years? This huge number of British battleships made me throw building a new fleet out the window, because no fleet I could possibly build could stand up to that number of KGVs.
*Addit: I looked in the editor and realized there is a 999 shield cost limit

A very fun WW2 Global run, and the fact that it is not nearly over makes it all the sweeter! Definitely the longest I have stuck with any one game in this scenario.

Top Bottom