WW2 Unit Graphics

If anyone can think of anything I've missed out, let me know and I'll add them for the final version to be posted by Tootal
A Ratte and a Monster walk into a bar.

"What's this?" snaps Albert Speer, "A joke?!"

:mischief:

OK , I had to look that one up. A P1000 Ratte I take it? Not sure I could do justice to the size of this thing. That has to be the world's fattest ratte!

K34aSpC.jpg

If it had actually been built, the moment they tried to drive it anywhere it would have become a subterranean tank.

The book "My Tank is Fight" covers the Ratte and other mad WW2 "what-if" weapons...Various stories project
what would happen if these monster tanks were used...A flight of B-17s take out the Ratte on it's first mission.

20 Tiger tank units could be made with the same resources. What a silly waste of time...Speer cancelled the thing, quite rightly. :)

Last edited:
OK , I had to look that one up. A P1000 Ratte I take it? Not sure I could do justice to the size of this thing. That has to be the world's fattest ratte!
Yeah, we'd have to triple the size of Civ2's sprite sheets to make it work. :p
The Monster was even worse.

Anyone remember who made this? I found it in my units folder (i still have pretty much every unit released here and at apolyton in there....The folder is over 4GB :mischief: )
ratte1.gif

Yeah, we'd have to triple the size of Civ2's sprite sheets to make it work. :p
The Monster was even worse.

Lunacy. The thing I like about the side-view pic of the Ratte posted above is that it is shown to scale with an E-100 next to it for comparison, which would have been the next biggest tank in the world if both of these had been made. Clearly a bit of gun-barrel-envy going on between the designers of the Ratte and E-100.

Hello Gapetit and thanks :goodjob:

@ Tanelorn. Take all the time you need over getting these right; I can wait before adding them to the final compilation. (Let me know when you've finished so I can post a final version ;) )

I tweaked your Arado a tad to reposition the left float. Hope that's OK

@ Erika: tweaked your Neubaufahrzeug a tad. Hope that's OK too ;)

floaty plane n big tank.png

Top Bottom