1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WW2 Unit Graphics

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by Arthedain, Jan 24, 2011.

1. McMonkey

McMonkey ----Evertonian---- SLeague Staff

2. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

I've tried a couple times but deleted the end result. They ended up looking like some kind of mutant sea-bird that ran into a wind turbine and melted.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  3. McMonkey

4. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Warlord

Northop Gamma 2E Skytamer, 17 2Es and 17 2ECs were sold to and a further 25 2Es were assembled in China.
    A single Gamma 2D mail delivery plane and (at least) a single Chinese 2E were used by the Republican Spanish as dive bombers.
    US Northop A17 Nomad (Gamma 2F) in pre-war colours. 129 built, served briefly during WWII in second line duties.
    B5B and B5C, 53+31 Swedish built Nomads with British engines, a modified front cockpit and often ski landing gear.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  5. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Warlord

The rest of the Northorp Gamma 2, A17/A33, model 8A, N3PB Nomad family of light and dive bombers.
    A French order for 93 ex USAAF aircraft was instead split between the RAF (61) and Canada (32). RAF aircraft were later passed to South Africa as trainers. 18 were used unsuccessfully by the Dutch as fighters. 15 Iraqi airframes were destroyed during the 1941 Anglo-Iraqi war. Argentina purchased 30 Model 8A-2s in 1937 and retired them in 1954. Peru ordered ten Model 8A-3P in 1938 and used them in the 1941 Ecuadorian-Peruvian war. These were supplemented by 13 ex-Norwegian A33 in 1943. Norway had ordered 36 Nomads in 1940. After the German Invasion they were sent to the Norwegian training camp in Canada, "Little Norway". A total of 24 N3PB Nomad floatpanes were purchased by Norway, but after the Fall of Norway exiled Norwegian forces used them from 1941, operating from Iceland, as the No. 330(N) Squadron RAF, until 1943.

Attached Files:

6. Patine

Patine Warlord

Tanelorn lives!

7. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Warlord

Anyway, here is the rest of the WWII Swedish air force, a mix of Italian, American and domestic designs, with their Swedish codename and the year of service entry.

J8= Gloster Gladiator, 55 delivered
    J9= Seversky P35, 60 delivered out of an order for 120, due to US embargo
    J11= Fiat CR42 Falco, 72 delivered
    J12= Reggiane Re.2000 Falco I, 60 delivered - Italian P35 knock-off/ substitute
    J22 About 200 built, with unlisenced US Twin Wasp engine copies, excellent fighters.
    J26= Some (two to four) impounded NA P51B Mustang, 52 P51D bought and a further 111 P51D delivered right after the war.
    B3= Junkers Ju86, 72 total delivered -disappointing crap.
    B5= Northrop A17 Nomad model 8A1, 103 built
    B13 & S13= Caproni Ca.313 106 delivered, 30 of the bomber version. Suffered a lot of failures due to the use of highly corrosive substitute fuel.
    B17 Dive bombers, 383 built
    B18 Bombers, 180 built during WWII, 245 total

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  8. JPetroski

JPetroski Chieftain

Any desire to take on some different unit markings/variations for ETO aircraft of the 8th airforce, RAF and Jagdflieger? I have a scenario close to being ready that they WILL see the light of day in.

P47s, Me109s, P38s, P51s, etc.

I currently have enough art though I just cobbled together "my own" P47s and P38s to fill everything out. My goal was to make it "different" though it won't be as pretty.

I just thought I'd throw it out there in case you are on an airplane kick :)

9. Patine

Patine Warlord

Forgive the question - acronym overload sometimes, these days - but what does ETO stand for?

10. JPetroski

JPetroski Chieftain

European Theater of Operations

11. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Warlord

Sure. Getting down to it.

JPetroski likes this.
  12. Fairline

Fairline Chieftain

John, I have these which I made for PG if they are of any use. Most of the fighter markings are ETO with the exception of the two yellow-nosed P-47s (Pacific) and the 1st Air Commando P-51A (CBT)

Attached Files:

Tanelorn likes this.
  13. Patine

Patine Warlord

And an even older zombie than @Tanelorn has risen. The end times must truly be near....

(Great planes, by the way!)

14. JPetroski

JPetroski Chieftain

@Fairline is back!

Did you ever have a chance to check out Gallic Wars? I know you had expressed some interest when I was toying with the idea.

15. Fairline

Fairline Chieftain

No I didn't; RL has been a little hectic these past few months. I do plan to give it a go though as its very much a topic I'm interested in and the Christmas break is on the horizon!

16. McMonkey

17. Fairline

Fairline Chieftain

Any particular units/markings you are after? BTW Luftwaffe and US markings/camo have plenty of variation whereas the RAF was pretty rigid on their paint schemes with the only real variation being theatre camo..

18. JPetroski

JPetroski Chieftain

Tanelorn was kind enough to reskin several aircraft for me. I'm still toying with the idea of having "Ace" and "Experten" aircraft and/or certan special squadrons, but I don't have much unit space left. I don't like asking for stuff that wont make it into released product but we will see.

19. Fairline

Fairline Chieftain

OK, excellent.

20. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Warlord

Attached Files: