1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WW2 Unit Graphics

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by Arthedain, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Patine

Patine Warlord

Weren't there Turkish Vultees in the WW2 era - are were they a different model of Vultee aircraft and not a Vanguard?

2. Tanelorn

Tanelorn Warlord

@Patine Yes, the Vultee V-11 and I already posted it back in summer 2016. :p

Attached Files:

3. BC1871

BC1871 Chieftain

Though this definitely qualifies as a WW2 oddity, is there any chance of getting a Canadian or British unit armed with this weapon?

4. McMonkey

McMonkey ----Evertonian---- SLeague Staff

5. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

The pixel art of CIV2 does not really reflect one rifle from another. SMGs can be represented, but only vaguely.

6. Patine

Patine Warlord

As well as the distinctive curved butt (or magazine - I was never sure which), of a Kalashnikov, but yes, for most other uses, that's very true.

7. JPetroski

JPetroski Chieftain

Would anyone be willing to take a stab at a V-1 launch site, V-2 launch site, and a Wurzburg Radar set? I am please with all units for Over the Reich with the exception of these three. I am trying to release this scenario before Christmas if anyone has time. I know these aren't your typical tanks/planes/infantry but perhaps that could be a fun change of pace.

I am using the V1/V2 unit art from Fairline's WW2 German units collection earlier in this thread.

Here are some photos for inspiration:

V1 launch site:

V2 launch site:

Wurzburg Radar

Thank you!

8. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

This is a Civ 3 Meiler Wagen, starting a V-2. May be some pictures of the animation can help in creating such a Civ 2 unit.

Attached is a zip-file with 238 bmp images of that animation. May there is one image among them, that could be a nice core for that unit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  9. tootall_2012

tootall_2012 Chieftain

Hi Fairline,

I hope you are well. I was curious to know if you were planning on continuing your excellent collection of WWII unit graphics. As I remember, when we last communicated, you were talking about tackling the Japanese OOB next.

For my part, I would love to see the series completed.

10. committed hero

committed hero Chieftain

When wandering back through the top of the thread,
    I fell from my chair and nearly dropped dead,
    When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
    But a whole bunch of Italian ironmongery hiding in a .gif.

I didn't see a Beaufort, however, I will try to smoosh a Beaufighter's canopy and aft sections to see what I come up with.

11. Fairline

Fairline Chieftain

Hi tootal, sorry for the veeery late reply! Yeah, as I think you correctly predicted I kinda burned out on those compilations... I have it in mind to pick up where we left off with the remaining countries at some point.

12. tootall_2012

tootall_2012 Chieftain

I completely understand. Just compiling them together in those sheets was a lot of work for me, so making all the modifications plus adding all the new units you did was doubly much more work. I truly appreciate the work you've done to date. Don't hesitate to let me know when and if you are ready to continue.

P.S.: I don't know if you had an opportunity to take a look at my new Napoleon scenario but I would like to thank you again for being able to use your wonderful Napoleonic era units. They are quite beautiful.

McMonkey and techumseh like this.
  13. Fairline

Fairline Chieftain

Yes I did and it looks great. This lua 'revolution' seems to be reinvigorating civ2 scenario design!

14. techumseh

techumseh Chieftain

McMonkey likes this.
  15. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

The BBC style of reporting...I felt my brain cells dissolve as I read the 1st paragraph...

McMonkey likes this.
  16. Patine

Patine Warlord

Might I recommend Fox News, then? It's much more lively and far less highbrow. Just take everything they say with a mine of salt. :p

17. McMonkey

18. Patine

Patine Warlord

My late grandfather had a Lada for 40 years. He said he never had to pay a mechanic for anything above a tune-up in that time.

19. McMonkey

The less complex, the less there is to go wrong. No diagnostic tools needed to work out what's up with those old beauties.

20. techumseh

techumseh Chieftain

My first car. It was even red.

McMonkey likes this.