X-Com UFO Enemy Unknown

What do you think about X-Com UFO

• I LOVE X-Com!! its a true classic like civ 1(but MUCH better)

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • X-Com SUCKS, stop making stupid polls!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • never played it, never heard of it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • its OK i guess

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
:alien:

Attachments

• x-com1.gif
    x-com1.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 108
I wouldn't say it's much better than civ1. About same quality :)

X-Com was an awesome game. Then they had to go and screw up all the sequels. They should have just enhanced the original concept. More weapons, more actions, more story and a bit of role-playing would have been much better additions than sending me into the oceans. The concept still has a lot of room for growth, if some company were to takle it.

I recently saw a new copy of X-Com 1 which claimed to be Windows 9X compatible, but I've heard that there are problems with this version. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

hmmm
Never heared of a new Version for Windows. The old one runs but too fast. You gotta use a slowdown tool, but then it runs quite stable.

Originally posted by Case
I recently saw a new copy of X-Com 1 which claimed to be Windows 9X compatible, but I've heard that there are problems with this version. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I can confirm. A combo pack with X-COM 1&2 (windows versions) and Apocalypse (and possibly X-com E-mail and Enforcer?) was released a couple of years ago.
It might be called X-COM: Collector's Edition or X-COM Collection
Windows version of original X-Com/UFO came free with a PC magazine some time ago. (A year ago? Don't remember.) And it works great on my 650Mhz, Win2K laptop. No problems, even the difficulty level bug was fixed! And XCOMUTIL works with it. (http://members.aol.com/stjones/xcomutil/)
Don't know if still is available in the stores, though. But it shouldn't be difficult to find elsewhere.

Check http://www.strategyplanet.com/xcom/ for X-com news.

C.

Top Bottom